Kids with a passion for shooting

LS-208

GUNFRK
Hi to all my fellow friends here at USA Carry Forums. My 8yo daughter asked me the other day why nobody else her age likes to shoot like she does. Here where I live it is hard to find shooting events for kids her age and therefore she feels alone in her passion for shooting. Being unable to really get her to understand that she is not alone, I wanted to start this thread for her. I do not want her to lose her interest in the sport. I am asking for anyone who is interested to please post pictures of their youngsters engaging in some good ole' plinking fun or while out on a hunt. I'll start with mine. This is her shooting her Walther P22 with Super Colibri ammo at a styrofoam target. I sure appreciate you guys help and maybe I can show her this thread and keep her interest high, and it may spark her interest to follow this forum. Thanks again, and may you all have a wonderful and fun summer.

Hi I am a Coach/Instructor for a coed Boy Scout Venturing Crew rifle team. Please visit our site Venturingcrew2700.com and email us. I will upload some pictures of our shooters (14-18) and also a group of youth hunter education and youth conservation group that we help instruct in basic rifle shooting . They are 7-13 yrs old .
Hope this helps

That's sweet if you.
Sadly all my pictures from that age were lost due to a house fire, however.

My father got both me and my brother into shooting at a young age, he brought us on hunts with him (though we were not carrying a gun because we were to young) he always went over the safety of guns and even showed us how to properly load, cock, safe, and fire many different guns. Once I was at the age were I needed it he even took a hunters safety class with me even though he did not need to. When I took the pistol class for my CCW he did as well and even applied for his CCW at the same time.

Now, if she is really into shooting you should try black powder shooting, I almost guarantee that she will be hooked on that.

I envy you for having such a beautiful child who is interested in shooting. I wish I had been taught when I was young so I did not have to shiver everytime I hear from the news that another woman's life and privacy was violated.

Tucker's Mom:204783 said:
I envy you for having such a beautiful child who is interested in shooting. I wish I had been taught when I was young so I did not have to shiver everytime I hear from the news that another woman's life and privacy was violated.

Thank you. I appreciate your sincere comments very much.

Oh man, you are in big trouble. She keeps this up and in 10 years you'll have every boy in a 60 mile radius beating down your door. LOL!!!

My boys are 7 & 10, and I am taking my 10 year old shooting for the first time this year. I would have taken them sooner, but the ranges in my area have an restriction on anyone under 10 years. I will post pics later this summer.

cleveland:204808 said:
My boys are 7 & 10, and I am taking my 10 year old shooting for the first time this year. I would have taken them sooner, but the ranges in my area have an restriction on anyone under 10 years. I will post pics later this summer.

That is what I love about being able to shoot in my back yard. She started at 4yo with a Beeman air rifle. Wish I could find and scan those pics customer they are hilarious.

Hey LS's Kid!

When I was a young girl, maybe 5, my parents set up cans and a little bench for me to shoot a .22 rifle. I wasn't very good, but sometimes I actually hit something.

My parents taught me a lot of really important things about guns, like to treat all guns as if they were always loaded--even if someone says they're not! You also never point at anything you don't mean to shoot, which I know your Dad told you at least once :)

I don't have pictures, but I go out with my friend and her two kids and they like shooting! Her girl is 6 and shoots air guns, and her boy is 11 and is really good with the .22 rifle--he hits the bull's eye almost every time! As they continue to get better, they graduate to bigger guns. This year we might take the boy deer hunting!

So long as you know the basic safety rules, there's so much you can do! Shoot targets, clays, cans. You might even want to get into competitions when you're older. If you move on to bigger guns, I bet your Mom or Dad would love to take you hunting, too.

I started shooting a long time ago, and now I'm a woman who owns lots of firearms and knows how to use and take care of them all. Thanks to my parents, I have a healthy respect for what guns can do, and how much fun they can be, too.

So don't get discouraged, your Dad has you on the right track. Just keep practicing, and you'll find more shooting friends and competitions as you get older, I promise! Remember, if you like something, don't quit.

Oh man, you are in big trouble. She keeps this up and in 10 years you'll have every boy in a 60 mile radius beating down your door. LOL!!!

.... and you can bet dollars to doughnuts that they will treat her with the due respect one human deserves from another. LOL!

Said testosterone filled lad;
"It just ain't fair!
I'm in love with the girl
with the golden hair!"
When "asked", her Dad said;
"Son, don't worry about ME!
She can take care of herself.
Misbehave and you'll see!"

LOL!

GG

Speaking of which.... did anyone see the "You tubes" of that young lady from France? The competition shooting gunslinger par excellance? Show them to your daughter, DAD. Inspiration comes from observation.

GG

Good on you for encouraging your daughter! Our kids have always been shooting enthusiasts and compete in both firearm and archery competitions. Check out your Madison County 4-H for a Shooting Sports project: Madison County 4-H Clubs (Alabama) - Club - Huntsville, Alabama | Facebook as my oldest went 10 years with them and the other 3 are on their way to 10 years. So far, we have stopped at the State Competitions and the kids have yet to ask to tryout for a National team, but I'm thinking the youngest (10) has enough of an interest to give it a try in a couple of years. My oldest son is now 21, then a daughter at 17 and another at 15, and my youngest son is 10. The older kids love trap the best, but youngest is hooked on Smallbore Rifle so far.

Oldest son (21) shooting trap:
Link Removed

16 year old daughter in Pistol:
Link Removed

Niece (17) in trap:
Link Removed

15 year old daughter (trying to overcome a "leaning" issue) in trap:
Link Removed

10 year old on the "line" in smallbore with me:
Link Removed

Look at all those wonderful 8-13 year olds lined up!
Link Removed

I have lots more, but afraid I would overload the servers and you all.

localgirl:204959 said:
Hey LS's Kid!

When I was a young girl, maybe 5, my parents set up cans and a little bench for me to shoot a .22 rifle. I wasn't very good, but sometimes I actually hit something.

My parents taught me a lot of really important things about guns, like to treat all guns as if they were always loaded--even if someone says they're not! You also never point at anything you don't mean to shoot, which I know your Dad told you at least once :)

I don't have pictures, but I go out with my friend and her two kids and they like shooting! Her girl is 6 and shoots air guns, and her boy is 11 and is really good with the .22 rifle--he hits the bull's eye almost every time! As they continue to get better, they graduate to bigger guns. This year we might take the boy deer hunting!

So long as you know the basic safety rules, there's so much you can do! Shoot targets, clays, cans. You might even want to get into competitions when you're older. If you move on to bigger guns, I bet your Mom or Dad would love to take you hunting, too.

I started shooting a long time ago, and now I'm a woman who owns lots of firearms and knows how to use and take care of them all. Thanks to my parents, I have a healthy respect for what guns can do, and how much fun they can be, too.

So don't get discouraged, your Dad has you on the right track. Just keep practicing, and you'll find more shooting friends and competitions as you get older, I promise! Remember, if you like something, don't quit.

Thanks for writing me. My daddy let me shoot a bigger gun one time but I didn't like it. I like my little one. He makes me read the 10 comanmints all the time before I go shooting.

Grognard Gunny:204965 said:

.... and you can bet dollars to doughnuts that they will treat her with the due respect one human deserves from another. LOL!

Said testosterone filled lad;
"It just ain't fair!
I'm in love with the girl
with the golden hair!"
When "asked", her Dad said;
"Son, don't worry about ME!
She can take care of herself.
Misbehave and you'll see!"

LOL!

GG

Yeah. I'm not thinking I am gonna have to worry too much about her.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back