Kel Tec SU 16C

casey97

Wondering if anyone here has any experience or opinion on the Kel Tec SU 16C?

Luke 11:21 When a strong man, fully armed, guards his estate, his possessions are secure.

Luke 22:36 Then He said to them, “But now, he who has a money bag, let him take it, and likewise a knapsack; and he who has no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.”

I own the Bravo (light barrel) model and really like it. For what it is, it's one hell of a weapon. Mine isn't as accurate as I'd like but it gets the job done within 100yds (4" groups). I have only had it malfunction when shooting both brass cased and steel cased rounds from the same magazine, I suspect the obvious... gases burn and fill the space around the steel case, creating a thin layer of crap and then the brass cases expanded into the smaller chamber thereafter. You get the picture... When I used the same ammo the whole time, no issues! It isn't a combat weapon, so don't expect to beat the hell out of it and it survive. It's a backpack or truck gun that may just save your @ss one day. It works with all the AR mags I've tested in it, from GI to P-Mags. I prefer the 20rd mags as the nature of the traditional rifle grip makes it awkward with 30s. The gas piston is a plus and much preferred (by me) to direct impingement, thus is why I went with the SU when searching for a 5.56 platform instead of the AR types.

I picked mine up a few years ago for around $600, not sure what they go for now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back