Kel Tec RFB or Ruger SR-556?

Which should I buy Kel Tec RFB or Ruger SR-556?

• Ruger SR-556

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Kel Tec RFB

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Neither

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L1D3N

Cacatne ursus in silvis?
I am in the market for a new Rifle and can't make up my mind. I like both calibers the .223 would fit in nicely with my Kel Tec PLR-16 .223 but the RFB is .308 and bad@ss!

Is this a toy, or a go-to gun? If it's not something you may be protecting your life with buy whatever seems more interesting.

If this is serious armament:

The Ruger is simply overpriced.

The Kel Tec (still pretty much vaporware) is also overpriced and an unproven design.

I agree, although so far I haven't heard of any problems with the RFB. Keltec built and tested it with possible military sales in mind (You and I both know that would never happen, but you can't blame George for dreamin' big). I might go $1800 for it, but $3K is insane.

It does mostly depend on what you want it for. I bought an SU16 mostly because of the rumblings that I might not be able to get one later and I liked the features (folding stock, piston operated action). It's not a gun I really need, so normally it would have been farther down the acquisition list but circumstances change.

So if you've already got your purposes filled, and with the PLR it sounds like you do, then get whatever is the coolest to you.

I haven't see the Ruger, so I'm going to vote for the RFB partially because its next on my "I don't really need it, just think it's neat" list.

I've had several dealers trying to get me a RFB since they released them in April. I've been waiting for over two years for Kel-Tec to release them. I want a RFB!

This will be my main go to rifle, SHTF...

I know the ruger is pricey, they both are but you get it pretty much decked out and only need to really add optics.

The RFB is a .308 and can reach out and touch someone at greater distance and I like bullpup designs. I just don't know if I want to buy yet another cal. of ammo LOL!
Any other suggestions on a main battle rifle?

Thanks all!

This will be my main go to rifle, SHTF...

I know the ruger is pricey, they both are but you get it pretty much decked out and only need to really add optics.

The RFB is a .308 and can reach out and touch someone at greater distance and I like bullpup designs. I just don't know if I want to buy yet another cal. of ammo LOL!
Any other suggestions on a main battle rifle?

Thanks all!

If you like .308 get a FAL--or an AR10--or an M1A (Garands are also available in .308)--or even a Saiga .308 and convert it as you please. If you want .308 you've got a lot of choices.

FWIW: I currently own a FAL and a Saiga .308 and have found them both completely dependable.

As always: YMMV

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back