Kahr P45 Replacement Grip?

Austin

I am having some trouble finding a replacement grip for my wifes' KAHR P45.

I have had a load of luck with HOGUE grips but cannot seem to find any for this pistol.

Any suggestions on where to find a good (or at least descent) grip?

The P45 is a polymer frame. You cannot replace the grips. About all you can go is find a grip sleeve that fits or if you prefer a more tacile grip, cover the side panels with skateboard tape cut to fit

The skateboard tape is a very good idea, but the roughness of the grip is the problem at the moment (its the wifes CCW).

A buddy of mine suggested some double sided sticky tape (for the cushion) and some gorilla tape over it to make it look right. I am not big on taped up weapons though :(

Any idea what grip sleeve fits this weapon? I have seen some at hogue but am not sure which one (if any) would fit.

CTD has some stick-on grips for this weapon. I havent ever tried these but they seem like they would not work very well. Has anyone had experience with these?

Last edited:
Pick up a small bicycle tube and cut off a piece long enough to fir over the grip area. I use this on all my compact firearms. After putting it over the grip I use a small cuticle scissors to trim the top an bottom of the tube. Works great and for a couple dollars it will go a long way.

Pick up a small bicycle tube and cut off a piece long enough to fir over the grip area. I use this on all my compact firearms. After putting it over the grip I use a small cuticle scissors to trim the top an bottom of the tube. Works great and for a couple dollars it will go a long way.

Simply awesome. Thank you.

Thanks Ryan!

I just went to the site and bought one =)

I believe that it is going to be exactly what I was looking for.

Glad I could help, Austin. Let me know how it works out, I've been eyeballing them myself but don't have the cash to waste if they're no good. lol

Thanks Ryan!

I just went to the site and bought one =)

I believe that it is going to be exactly what I was looking for.

A month later still no grip!!! A call to the KAHR office tells me if I want to check on the status of an order to leave a message and they will call me back or to email them. Whatever happened to someone answering a phone and helping you out?

So here it is...... a $600 gun that has to be:

"broken in"
Sent back to the factory as the trigger fails (at less than 300 rounds)
Has to be greased for the gun to go back into battery after firing (clean)

As it turns out the status is "backordered". Wouldn't a reasonable company at least give you the courtesy of an email telling you that the item is not going to be shipped soon?

I will never buy another KAHR anything.

Last edited:
Update

The A-Grip arrived today and is installed. It really makes the weapon more comfortable for my wife to shoot.

So the results are in:

+1 Brooks Tactical A-Grip
-100 Anything Kahr

Kahr has been the biggest disappointment for me, right next to keltec.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back