Kahr Owners Group

Hello,
I'm new to this group. I ordered a CW9 and it came in today. I can not find documentation on what type of ammo is acceptable for self defense carry. Is there any place that tells me if I can use +P or +P+ rounds in the CW9?:fie:

Welcome Compact 9mm! To answer your question yes you can fire +P or +P+ in your CW9. Here is a good read on your firearm. Link Removed One thing I picked up on their review was...'Kahr Arms emphatically states that the recoil spring must be replaced after 3,000 rounds. I suggest more frequent change if +P or +P+9mm ammunition is fired.'

The CW9 is rated for +p+ and shoots it quite well. I haven't been able to find this in writing from Kahr, but I've found several reviews that say it is. Some of these reviews were in the gun magazines and some were on the web.

I highly recommend Corbon 9mm Luger +P 115gr DPX for defensive purposes. This ammo is known to achieve excellent expansion at the reduced velocities typical of short barreled pistols.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the information and the feedback. I also have a Kel-Tec PF9 that is in the shop for service. I will get to the range this week and try our the Kahr with some Winchester White Box and a few Power Balls.

+1 on bicycle tube for grip

I'm cheap on grips.:biggrin: I bought a bicycle tube from Walmart for a couple dollars and that's what I use on mine. It work great. One thing, it's thin so it doesn't change the grip size and it feels great. One tube will do a lot of firearms.

Did the same to my MK9. Works perfectly.

Hello,
I'm new to this group. I ordered a CW9 and it came in today. I can not find documentation on what type of ammo is acceptable for self defense carry. Is there any place that tells me if I can use +P or +P+ rounds in the CW9?:fie:

If you want more bang....why didn't you buy a 40 or 45 caliber gun? Duh!!!:to_pick_ones_nose:

Hi all, new to the group. I've owned two Kahr's. The first was a K9 Elite...I really could not believe how smoothly it shot. I could shoot it one handed almost as good as I could with two hand grip. I finally talked myself in to selling it...because I had a terrible lust for a Nighthawk. But, I still have my MK9...I carry it quite often if I'm only wearing a shirt for concealment. I bought it because it's all steel. I wanted that so that I could shoot all the hot stuff I wanted and it would help hold down the recoil. It's a very accurate gun even though it's only got that little barrel, I can shoot it too both one handed and two handed as the trigger is that smooth. I never feel under-gunned when wearing it. And as I have a fair to middling dunlop, it's easily carried with IWB or OWB or pocket carry, with no issues. I did however add Pearce Grips to the Mag's so that I'd have a tad bit more grip with which to deal. Additionally, no matter what I've shot in it, it goes bang each and every time. :biggrin:

Love my Kahr!

Hi all, new to the group. I've owned two Kahr's. The first was a K9 Elite...I really could not believe how smoothly it shot. I could shoot it one handed almost as good as I could with two hand grip. I finally talked myself in to selling it...because I had a terrible lust for a Nighthawk. But, I still have my MK9...I carry it quite often if I'm only wearing a shirt for concealment. I bought it because it's all steel. I wanted that so that I could shoot all the hot stuff I wanted and it would help hold down the recoil. It's a very accurate gun even though it's only got that little barrel, I can shoot it too both one handed and two handed as the trigger is that smooth. I never feel under-gunned when wearing it. And as I have a fair to middling dunlop, it's easily carried with IWB or OWB or pocket carry, with no issues. I did however add Pearce Grips to the Mag's so that I'd have a tad bit more grip with which to deal. Additionally, no matter what I've shot in it, it goes bang each and every time. :biggrin:

Welcome to the forum, gonkrzy!

We have the same taste in handguns [smile]

So far, though, I only have the MK9 with Pearce grips, which I absolutely LOVE. Shoots GREAT, grip size and angle is more comfortable than any other handgun that I own, and conceals easily. It is my everyday companion.

The K9 Elite is on my wish list as well as a 1911 style handgun (a Ladyhawk would be the bomb!). Glad to hear that your experience with the K9 Elite was extremely good ...

howdy from Peachtree City, south of ATL. 3 Kahrs here, the CW9, PM9 and CW45. All shoot sweet, all are dependable, all have had ZERO issues. All carry much easier than the wider and heavier Springfield xd9sc or xd45c that I had.

Grip extension for 8-round magazine

I just recently bought a CW9 and a pair of 8-round magazines to go with it. Unfortunately, though, I didn't get the magazines with the grip extenders. Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase just the grip extension? I can't seem to find 'em online.

Congratulations on your new CW9. If you do a Google search for Pearce Magazine Extension you'll find them. Try this, Link Removed

I've actually run across those in my search and they don't appear to be what I'm after. Those are basically just little pinky shelves that one would affix to the end of a magazine that would otherwise not protrude (significantly) from the grip (e.g. a standard 7-round mag for the CW9).

What I'm looking for is the black extension that would take one of these:

Link Removed

and essentially turn it into one of these:

Link Removed

As it stands right now, my 8-round mags stick out of end of the grip about 1/2", leaving my pinky to rest upon the bare metal of the magazine itself. It's not horrible, but I'd like to fix it if I can.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the original extensions for sale either. Call Kahr and see if they will send you one. Your CW9 should have come with one of each magazine. Their Customer Service is outstanding!

I picked up a Kahr PM9 with the factory installed CrimsonTrace laserguard a few months ago. It replaced my Kel-Tec .380 as my main summer carry.

After trying many revolvers and pistols, my Kahr P9 is my all-time favorite carry weapon. It has fired and cycled flawlessly from the first shot through 700+. It is not the least bit picky about ammo. I carry it at 5:00 o'clock in a Minotaur MTAC holster, loaded with Speer Gold Dot +P 124 GR SBHP. Thin, light, accurate, dependable - I love it!

I have a P 40. It shoots well, a little snappy shooting 40S&W in a small plastic frame but what are ya gonna do? I don't carry it because I have had damage to the plastic mag followers on every magazine after just a few rounds out of each one. It starts just behind the metal insert and with use becomes so bad that the insert becomes dislodged. I have never had anything like this occur with any other magazine but Kahr:angry:. Anyone else have a similar problem or advice? I won't carry a handgun I cannot rely on, so I carry a 1911. That Kahr sure would be nice to carry in the middle of summer.

Tin Can Sailor, call Kahr and talk to them about your problem. They have one of the best customer services around. They will either send your replacement parts or have you send the firearm in to be repaired. It has to be some defect in the magazines to cause the slide stop pin to come out. All the pin does is push up the slide stop to lock the slide back after the last round is fired. I have several Kahr's and carry a PM45 daily. I've never had any magazine problems.

swidener, congrats on the new 45! My choice also.

I EDC a Kahr CW45. It's a pretty good shooter. Snappy, but accurate. I hate the Kahr grips as they bite too much. May have to get a stipple job done on it. I've got a crappy Hogue Handall Jr. on it for the time being.

My CW45 rides at 3 o'clock in a Looper holster, loaded with Remington Golden Sabres. I retired the Powr'Ball ammo. I just wish Pearce made a grip extension for the .45 Kahrs. Bastards...:biggrin:

g2.jpg

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back