K40

daggunit

I bought a new k40 ! Guide rod chewed up first time to range . Sent to kahr . Got it back shot approximately 40 rounds guide rod chewed up again. Is ir me or what? Anybody else have this problem?

Have never seen this happen. Only Kahr I have experience with is a CM9, and nothing like this.
When you say "chewed up", it sounds like the guide rod is plastic or something soft. If it's steel I don't see how that could happen.
Just a thought: Did you maybe clean the gun before shooting it and leave the guide rod and spring dry? No lube?

I have no experience with that brand, I've just seen relatives and some friends carrying them. My guns are generally limited to Ruger, S&W, Glock and Rock River. The company was founded by the Reverend Sung Nyung Moon's son. Good operating reports.

Thanks for comments. Yes its a steel guide rod and I did clean and lube prior to firing. I found another comment about this on Kahr forum. Im waiting now to hear back from Kahr.

Hi ben ! I also have a variety of weapons but this is my first Kahr. I thought I did enough research , but I guess I didn't. I hope I get it figured out I really like size and feel of K40 .

daggunit, sorry you are having problems with your k40 I have owned 3 of them myself. 1 stainless and 2 black and still own one black. Have put numerous rounds downrange with no problems with any of them. Please let us know what khar has to say about the problem you are having.

I bought a new k40 ! Guide rod chewed up first time to range . Sent to kahr . Got it back shot approximately 40 rounds guide rod chewed up again. Is ir me or what? Anybody else have this problem?
Was wondering, does the guide rod pass outside the slide when it's pulled back? If so, is it pulling hard or sticking? See if the hole, to the front that it passes thurough, has a burr or is out of round. That's the only thing I could think of, looking at the diagram.
http://www.kahr.com/PDF/kahrmanual.pdf

Thanks gejoslin, ill check that. I talked to kahr today their sending me a new stainless rod and spring to try.

daggunit, sorry you are having problems with your k40 I have owned 3 of them myself. 1 stainless and 2 black and still own one black. Have put numerous rounds downrange with no problems with any of them. Please let us know what khar has to say about the problem you are having.

Rebel 357 im glad to hear you have owned three good ones. I really like mine, I just want to get it fixed. Jason a gunsmith at kahr is sending me a stainlees rod and spring to see how it does./ Per my request /I believe they will make it right. One way or another. They seem to have a good customer service. Here's a pic of my k40

K40 update!
Kahr sent me a new stainless steelguide rod and spring.I went to range test fired and disassembled for inspection the guide rod felt smooth to touch not gouged like the steel rod that came in it originally. But the stainless rod looked scarred. " see attaced pictures". Also the rods and springs did not measure the same and I belive for good reason.
Here are the two measurements side by side.
Original factory steel rod length . 70.62
OD. 7.53
OD. Head 9.87
Stainless Steel Replacement.
Length 71.72
OD. 7.74
Head OD. 9.91
Old spring OD. 10.65
New spring OD 10.59
I also measued the guide rod hole in barrel hoof it measured 7.98 .
That being said I think the replacement SS. Guide rod may have solved issue it is very hard to install but it went in .it also protrudes the barrel hood by .10 more and the tighter fit . which I believe may have helped with this issue of gouging The guide rod.

It is by the goodness of God that in our country we have those three unspeakably precious things. freedom of speech, freedom of conscience, and the prudence never to practice either of them.
Mark Twain

That is rather strange. I use a K9, and haven't had any problem with it other than the spring being so heavy it takes a Diesel pickup truck to rack the dang thing.

015.jpg

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back