Just received the CT non-res application; help

Abacab

I received my application for the non resident LTC. Got a question because there is some conflicting info on here.

On the white index card size DPS-46-C Application for State Permit to Carry Pistols & Revolvers, it has a spot for "Local Permit From." Does that mean where my out of state permits are? (I have VA, FL and NH). Because it says City/Town or Borough which made me second guess that assumption.

Also, it says "Dated at <blank> this <blank> day of <blank> 20 <blank>." I'm guessing this small index card needs to be notarized as well?

And is DPS-129-C the renewal form that I DO NOT need to fill out if this my first application?

I have a non-resident CT. Yes it does.

You need to fill out everything that's included in the application package. The DPS-129-C is where you affix your passport photo. It will be the one form you will complete at renewal as well as your initial if I recall correctly.

I don't recall having to notarize my initial CT application. If there's a signature spot labeled "notary public" then yes.

I did not need to notarize the small white index card, but I definitely had to notarize one of the larger forms.

I did not need to notarize the small white index card, but I definitely had to notarize one of the larger forms.

If you did not need to notarize the index card, what did you fill out for the part at the bottom that said: "Dated at ____ this _____ day of _____ 20_____"?

Also, what did you fill out for "Local Permit From: Name of City/Town of Borough_____Date Of Permit"?

Sorry Abacab, I went back into my files to see if I had copies of the original application and I did not. So, I'm working from memory here and it was a while back that I filled all this out. Once again from memory I think I called and asked someone at the DPS about the white card and the local permit question and was told to put in any current CWP number and state of issuance. I'm almost sure they said don't worry about notarizing the white card. I would remember having my notary stamp such a small card.

I sent my paper work off a week and a half ago. They've already cashed my cheques. I guess that's a good sign.

Got my permit today. I was approved on the 31st of July (letter dated then) and it was delivered today. :yes2: I enjoy sending my money to states other than Maryland. :haha:

I received my application for the non resident LTC. Got a question because there is some conflicting info on here.

On the white index card size DPS-46-C Application for State Permit to Carry Pistols & Revolvers, it has a spot for "Local Permit From." Does that mean where my out of state permits are? (I have VA, FL and NH). Because it says City/Town or Borough which made me second guess that assumption.

Also, it says "Dated at <blank> this <blank> day of <blank> 20 <blank>." I'm guessing this small index card needs to be notarized as well?
So, what did you write in the "Local Permit From" space, and did you need to have anything notorized?

Also, being in MD, did you have to go to CT for a CCW class?

So, what did you write in the "Local Permit From" space, and did you need to have anything notorized?

Also, being in MD, did you have to go to CT for a CCW class?

My NRA Basic Pistol Course certification was sufficient. They told me to leave that space blank when I called them. I only had to get the documents that specifically say must be notarized done. And for the cost I feel like it was worth it, as it only amounted to 45 dollars or so.

I just received my non resident app yesterday. It looks like there are 2 pages (full size) that need notarized?

It also looks like need 2 money orders? One for $35 and a 2nd for $19.25 to go with the fingerprints?

I just received my non resident app yesterday. It looks like there are 2 pages (full size) that need notarized?

It also looks like need 2 money orders? One for $35 and a 2nd for $19.25 to go with the fingerprints?

Both correct; though a personal cheque is fine. It looks more confusing than it is. I called them when I had questions and they answered them quickly with courtesy.

Abacab I'll be asking you for some assistance soon as I'm going to be doing the same, if Ya'll don't mind... Live here in MA and travel through CT often. Also RI non res will be next as I'm always crossing that border...Anyone who could assist with RI questions?

Abacab I'll be asking you for some assistance soon as I'm going to be doing the same, if Ya'll don't mind... Live here in MA and travel through CT often. Also RI non res will be next as I'm always crossing that border...Anyone who could assist with RI questions?

Just ask and I'll help however I can. I've looked into the RI license and from everything I can tell, it's next to impossible. Anyone out there have a RI non-res?

I just noticed that the back of the Application DPS-799-C has a spot for notarization...but the State of Connecticutt is already printed there...does my notary write around that? Will my notary know what to do?

I just noticed that the back of the Application DPS-799-C has a spot for notarization...but the State of Connecticutt is already printed there...does my notary write around that? Will my notary know what to do?

My notary crossed that part out and just wrote Maryland in. Worked fine for me.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back