Just received my CC permit

biscotrip

Well I'm part of the "family" now. Just received my "acceptance letter" yesterday. Im going to go pick it up on Monday. I thought it was going to take alot more time than it did. Only two weeks. I've honestly never seen anyone carry in Richmond. Hence concealed carry. Has anyone had a "run in" with LEO? Were they "understanding" or a bit on edge?

congrats

Do you ever find yourself looking to see if you can tell who is carrying concealed I think I'm becoming obsessed. Do I need professional help?

Had a friend of mine say he was going to get his CC and wanted me to take the class with him been carrying since Texas allowed it and might have been carrying before CC.

Remember it is for your safety not to build an ego!

Use it as a last resort. It is far easier to stay out of trouble then to get out of trouble.

Received my CPL in June. I never really paid attention to people if they might be wearing until I saw a man at 4th of July fireworks open carrying. Now I look at people VERY differently. I have started to conceal carry more and more, paying more and more attention to the different buildings and stores I enter. Be proud of your license, be even twice as careful and safe. Welcome to the family.

its important to know the laws that apply to you. in other words, know the rules of the game you're playing(good advice for any game). Link Removed has your chesterfield, henrico and richmond ordinances and Legislative Information System > 2011 Session has your state code and administrative code. check it out. once you know your rights and responsibilities, you can open carry if you please and not have to worry as much about ******* cops(don't be an ******* yourself, but know the rules so they can't ******** you). if you're not comfortable w/ open carry yet, cc. when you get there, consider a holster w/ retention. and remember, the more people that get exposed to open carry as normal, the less castigated gun owners will be as a whole. also, make sure you get into the habit of checking doors for postings.

Proshooter: do you teach classes on gun laws? I live in Henrico. Right off Three Chopt. Where do you have classes

Yes, we do a class called the Intro to Concealed Carry in Va. It covers the carry laws. Classes are held at the Bass Pro Shop in Ashland. Check our website for details.

Well I'm part of the "family" now. Just received my "acceptance letter" yesterday. Im going to go pick it up on Monday. I thought it was going to take alot more time than it did. Only two weeks. I've honestly never seen anyone carry in Richmond. Hence concealed carry. Has anyone had a "run in" with LEO? Were they "understanding" or a bit on edge?

Congrats on the CHP, as far as how the LEO's react. It depends where you live. You should add your County or City to your profile to always get the most accurate answers. I live in Henrico and there real good about it. Richmond, maybe not so much. NoVA seems to have some issues, and Hamton Roads area is anti.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back