Judge says UC can deny religious course credit

Pure hogwash.
Like it or not the Supreme Court has arrived that the Constitution as it stands today calls for a legal seperation of church and state. If you don't like it, you're welcome to get a JD, pass your State Bar exam and challenge it.

I look at my chances of dying and going to hell as 50-50 so if just by doing something different I better my chance of getting Heaven why not. I can bet there is no Heaven but I pray there is no hell.

. . . (kind've like organized religion, don'cha think?) . . .
And right here may lie the problem! I think you're confusing "Faith" and "Christianity" with "Organized Religion". Not at all necessarily one in the same!

But that's OK . . . I'm through here. No one's mind is going to be changed, nor, I feel, is that the intent. Nice conversation, though...I like being able to discuss these things from time to time without anyone getting all PO'd.

...I like being able to discuss these things from time to time without anyone getting all PO'd.

Thank you. I agree and that's why I hate to get involved in these discussions which all to often turn into simple exchanges of emotional vitriol.

Like it or not the Supreme Court has arrived that the Constitution as it stands today calls for a legal seperation of church and state. If you don't like it, you're welcome to get a JD, pass your State Bar exam and challenge it.

What you're saying is true due to the fact that the Court has read stuff into the Constitution that is simply not there, such as the fantasy principle of separation of church and state. Read the Constitution yourself as it is written (not as you want it to be, but as it is) and tell me where I can find this principle. If you can show it to me, I'll concede defeat to you right here in front of everyone.

What you're saying is true due to the fact that the Court has read stuff into the Constitution that is simply not there, such as the fantasy principle of separation of church and state. Read the Constitution yourself as it is written (not as you want it to be, but as it is) and tell me where I can find this principle. If you can show it to me, I'll concede defeat to you right here in front of everyone.
What never ceases to amaze me is that people who argue the present day legality of separation of church and state are religious fanatics who do not possess a JD and are not members of any State Bar.

I have pointed to an excellent reference source on how we arrived at that in the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court per our Constitution is the highest court in the land. Until we have those rulings overturned that is the way it is. Our legal system is what it is.

Perhaps if you went to the trouble of getting a JD you would see how we arrived at separation of church and state.

Well look at the mess this country is in and who to blame. The lawyers ,most cant walk and talk at the same time.Have many lawyers in my family and they come to me to protect them.Why are their christian lawyers in disagreement with you?

What never ceases to amaze me is that people who argue the present day legality of separation of church and state are religious fanatics who do not possess a JD and are not members of any State Bar.

I have pointed to an excellent reference source on how we arrived at that in the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court per our Constitution is the highest court in the land. Until we have those rulings overturned that is the way it is. Our legal system is what it is.

Perhaps if you went to the trouble of getting a JD you would see how we arrived at separation of church and state.

I'm sorry, do you have a J.D.?

No, I don't have a J.D., but I do have a B.A. in political science, so I'm just as familiar with constitutional law as the typical law student is, maybe even more so.

Anyway, those same federal judges who invented this constitutional concept are the same judges who found the law barring the possession of firearms by felons to be constitutional, and who also found that the Constitution gives women the right to murder their unborn children.

Don't try to suggest that having a J.D. makes someone more qualified to speak about the Constitution and constitutional case law than me. Just because someone has a J.D. that does not mean that they know what they're talking about. Also, just because someone doesn't have one that does not mean that they don't know anything about constitutional law.

No, I don't have a J.D., but I do have a B.A. in political science, so I'm just as familiar with constitutional law as the typical law student is, maybe even more so.

Anyway, those same federal judges who invented this constitutional concept are the same judges who found the law barring the possession of firearms by felons to be constitutional, and who also found that the Constitution gives women the right to murder their unborn children.

Don't try to suggest that having a J.D. makes someone more qualified to speak about the Constitution and constitutional case law than me. Just because someone has a J.D. that does not mean that they know what they're talking about. Also, just because someone doesn't have one that does not mean that they don't know anything about constitutional law.

Exactly. If you want to know what we have come to with many of our Justices just remember what Thomas Jefferson had to say about them.

Scotus has all kinds of Christian art and the 10 comm.on their wall.If you have a JD you have been feed the most bullshit any college can give.I got may bar exam at the VFW in town.

Last edited:
Scotus has all kinds of Christian art and the 10 comm.on their wall.If you have a JD you have been feed the most bullshit any college can give.I got may bar exam at the VFW in town.

Not only that, but next to politicians (most of whom are also lawyers) lawyers are some of the most morally derelict people on the planet.

Not only that, but next to politicians (most of whom are also lawyers) lawyers are some of the most morally derelict people on the planet.

Question: What is the difference between a lawyer and a snake?
Answer: There are some things a snake want do.

"The First Thing We Do, Let's Kill All the Lawyers" William Shakespeare:sarcastic:

Last edited:
No, however I am in the lawsuit financing business as I put up a pound of flesh or two in to decide of a case merits funding or not. You quickly develop an understanding of what to look for when it comes to a case; quicker than an attorney when you're backing it up with money.
Yet you couldn't fathom the concept that not all States have a similar concept of the castle doctrine. Is it Indiana PolySci?
I agree with Roe v. Wade. It's not my decision to make nor does a woman making that choice affect me personally or society as a whole. It is also in the interest of public health that it remain legal. Make it illegal and people will either go to where it's legal or have them done illegally. Leaving the US and having them done where it is legal puts the patient at risk as the (so called) physician doing the procedure is not subject to the stricter regulation of medical licensing as they are here. The physician doing the procedure out of this country would not be subject to any criminal or civil sanctions in the US.
You need a JD and be a member of a State Bar, some jurisdictions have a federal bar to practice or argue law in a court room. You also need to be a member of a State Bar to be a federal judge and to be a judge in most other jurisdictions. I can read medical records and diagnoses as well as I use to be in the nursing profession as well. Does that make me an authority to practice medicine? No does not. It makes me a well informed consumer with some background on the subject. I also know many nurses who have a better understanding of medicine than MDs and DOs however our medical licensing system just as our attorney licensing system is what it is.

Fanaticism is in the eye of the beholder. To me rejecting God and thinking you sprang from some microb in the sea is fanacticism.:sarcastic:
Would you also be as bold and stand up for a federal judge who had some equivalent text from the Qur'an instead of the Ten Commandments?

Would you also be as bold and stand up for a federal judge who had some equivalent text from the Qur'an instead of the Ten Commandments?

This country was not founded on the Qur"an. It was founded on Christian principals by mostly Christians. Period.

No, however I am in the lawsuit financing business as I put up a pound of flesh or two in to decide of a case merits funding or not. You quickly develop an understanding of what to look for when it comes to a case; quicker than an attorney when you're backing it up with money.

Yet you couldn't fathom the concept that not all States have a similar concept of the castle doctrine. Is it Indiana PolySci?

I agree with Roe v. Wade. It's not my decision to make nor does a woman making that choice affect me personally or society as a whole. It is also in the interest of public health that it remain legal. Make it illegal and people will either go to where it's legal or have them done illegally. Leaving the US and having them done where it is legal puts the patient at risk as the (so called) physician doing the procedure is not subject to the stricter regulation of medical licensing as they are here. The physician doing the procedure out of this country would not be subject to any criminal or civil sanctions in the US.

You need a JD and be a member of a State Bar, some jurisdictions have a federal bar to practice or argue law in a court room. You also need to be a member of a State Bar to be a federal judge and to be a judge in most other jurisdictions. I can read medical records and diagnoses as well as I use to be in the nursing profession as well. Does that make me an authority to practice medicine? No does not. It makes me a well informed consumer with some background on the subject. I also know many nurses who have a better understanding of medicine than MDs and DOs however our medical licensing system just as our attorney licensing system is what it is.

I apologize for giving you the impression that I was trying to practice law here, but I'm not.

Seriously, you're wasting your time with this statement; or do you believe that my political science education led me to believe that knowing the nuances of constitutional case law, by itself, qualifies me to practice law or give legal advice without a J.D.?

From a purely pragmatic standpoint, most of what you say about abortion is correct; but from a purely constitutional perspective, it was clearly decided incorrectly. Have you ever heard of the tenth amendment?

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Since the ability of the federal government to sanction abortion, nor its ability to prohibit the states from doing it, are nowhere to be found in the Constitution, that means that whether or not to allow it is, according to the Tenth Amendment, up to the states. While Roe v. Wade did not change anything in states where abortion was already legal, what it did do was force states that did not allow it and did not want it to decriminalize it. Furthermore, if Roe v. Wade were overturned, abortion would not be outlawed; it would now just be up to each state to decide whether it wants it or not; also, nothing would stop women living in states where it is illegal to go to one where it is legal to get one.

I have found Constitutional justification for my argument; can you point to the section of the Constitution (not a court ruling, but a section of the Constitution) that justifies yours?

Last edited:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back