Judge says UC can deny religious course credit

OK so satanism that believes in sacraficing a member from their own religion (willing person) is OK. You must have gone to public school.Publc schools have failed ever sense God was removed.

Last edited:
OK so satanism that believes in sacraficing a member from their own religion (willing person) is OK. You must have gone to public school.Publc schools have failed ever sense God was removed.
There is no religious exemption for commission of a homicide. I find it interesting that I throw out the argument of separation of church and state and I get branded a heretic. Some things throughout the millennia never change. Are we now going to do the Salem witch trials again?

Some of us don't view this ruling as bad. Need I remind you that the Supreme Court also ruled in our favor for Heller.

Original intent? Slavery and women not having the right to vote were Constitutional at that time. Do you also condone those activities or beliefs?

Some of us have no Christianity nor care to be any part of it. I do not need a religion to distinguish between right and wrong. It is also not my place nor is it the US or State government to decide which religion is the correct preferred one which is the original intent of the 1A. Need I also remind you that differing religions in the workplace causes conflict. It is in the best interest of order that the workplace as well as government be neutral to religion.

I am not going to deny the historic origins of the Constitution and that the founding fathers were predominately Christian. We are dealing with the law as it stands today. No religion has any place getting a portion of the tax dollars I pay. You have the right to practice whatever religion or no religion you wish. However that stops where another person's rights begin as it interferes with the life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as stated in our Declaration of Independence which predates the Constitution.

Some of us don't view this ruling as bad. Need I remind you that the Supreme Court also ruled in our favor for Heller.

Once in a while even they do something right.

You quoted from the Declaration of Independence, however you left part of it out so I will fix it for you

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

What does it say? That we are created and our rights come not from government or some paper but from the Creator. Do you really think the atheist and agnostics we have trying to run our country or ruin our country are smarter than Jefferson and the other Founding Fathers of our country?

Need I also remind you that differing religions in the workplace causes conflict.
I disagree with much of what you say, but mostly with this. It's not the differing religions which cause conflict...it's the lack of respect for other's beliefs which causes the strife, where there is strife, and there usually isn't. Most Americans are very accepting of another's preferences, as long as those people don't try to prosthelytize.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

What does it say? That we are created and our rights come not from government or some paper but from the Creator. Do you really think the atheist and agnostics we have trying to run our country or ruin our country are smarter than Jefferson and the other Founding Fathers of our country?

Im sure atheist's and agnostics believe they were created, maybe they view they were endowed with their rights by their parents (creators) rather than a God.

Last edited:
Right here. You have to look at the Constitution and court rulings as a whole and how it applies today. Seperation of church and state was derived from the 14th amendment and several landmark Supreme Court rulings. You cannot cherry pick what portions of the Constitution fit your agenda or beliefs. It needs to be looked at as a whole.

I did not ask to be directed to a wikiedia article on the subject. I asked you to show me where in the Constitution that this invention of the concept of "separation of church and state" can be found. Show me the part of the Constitution that requires separation of church and state. As soon as you can show me where the Constitution mentions that, I'll shut up.

Last edited:
I agree with the judges ruling and UC's policy. The one thing that I have found in my many many years of going to church and discussions with some very learned Bible scholars is that there is no more agreement on what the Bible means than there is on what 2A means. Too many people take one verse and try to interpret that verse out of context, not even considering that it was already translated by men to possibly mean something different than the original intent.

I grew up in an area that was 100% Christian Protestant and religion was quite frequently discussed and taught in school. I have since learned that some of what I was taught was wrong. Some of it was a misinterpretation. I have had new Ministers at a church disagree with the previous Minister on an interpretation and I have found that taken in context and as an entire study that science does not conflict with the bible.

Some have interpreted that the universe is around 7,000 years old. There are several scientific studies and conclusions that if you consider Eienstien's theories on time compression at high speed travel that the actual relative time from the scientific big bang considering travel distances would be an actual measurement of 7,000 years for the Earth.

7000 years old I think there are shirts in my closet older then that. That is a good number from alot of stand points ,except sciense.It takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does God made.

7000 years old I think there are shirts in my closet older then that. That is a good number from alot of stand points ,except sciense.It takes more faith to believe in evolution than it does God made.

You don't believe in evolution? why we all know that the heavens and earth and all they contain started from some explosion and out of it here we are. And oh yes, an explosion in a junk yard will produce a new car.

I have heard the superstitious state that on many occasions and it just doesn't make any sense. I know it makes religious people feel superior to reinforce each others fantasies, but a statement like yours does nothing to advance any meaningful discussion.

AND, neither does mine! These word-trading sessions are just like teaching a pig to sing!

Adults_w_Imaginery_Friend.jpg

Go ahead and delete it. I'm sure it will frighten many people here.

Again, why do we have to compare fantasy or lack of it on a concealed carry forum? I get tired of the members who think forcing others to believe in their imaginary friend has something to do with the purported reason this forum exists.

NDS I hope you don't mind if I pray to my "imaginary friend" for you.

Don't worry. My "imaginary friend" created the heavens and the earth so I am not afraid.

Last edited:
NDS I hope you don't mind if I pray to my "imaginary friend" for you.

Don't worry. My "imaginary friend" created the heavens and the earth so I am not afraid.

Not at all, it won't help but it can't hurt. Also, just to make clear: You, and others who choose to follow a religion (or choose to not do so), have every right to do so. Unfortunately, many people feel their view of faith, or lack of it, should be forced on others. All of those who would impose their views on others are wrong.

Now, was there something to do with CCW before this thread was 'jacked?

Not at all, it won't help but it can't hurt. Also, just to make clear: You, and others who choose to follow a religion (or choose to not do so), have every right to do so. Unfortunately, many people feel their view of faith, or lack of it, should be forced on others. All of those who would impose their views on others are wrong.

Now, was there something to do with CCW before this thread was 'jacked?

Good enough. As I have said before most of us will agree most of the time on most things on this site. On the occasions that we don't we will have to agree to disagree.

I can't say that the thread was really 'jacked as it had nothing to do with OC or CC to start with. But everyone at least should know that the reason that there are no dinosaurs now is they wouldn't fit on the ark, or at least that is what one homeschool science book teaches. It is a shame that Noah didn't build it bigger so we could test out our 1911's on really big beasts.

Man I thought we ate them.None of the homeschooling books we used said that.Why would reptiels drown in a flood?

Then maybe you two had the wrong books. I am only going by what the Sunday School Teacher told me who was homeschooling her children. I started a big argument when I questioned that and was called all kinds of things. Also many reptiles can easily drown and I would suspect that most of the dinosaurs fell into that category.

Just as a conversation enhancer, and not for any particular reason (other than that I like to play Devil's Advocate and try to see the side that's sometimes overlooked...)...

Satan is also called the 'Great Deceiver', because, having dominion over the Earth (we are told), he can place things in our lives which are designed to fool us into disbelieving what God offers and try to turn us away...right?

S'pose Satan simply puts all these things here . . . dinosaur bones; old rocks; whatever it is that has us believing, "scientifically", that the Bible is wrong and science is right? Suppose it's all a great big Satanic joke meant to decieve us and, in the end, everything in the Bible is true and accurate?

I'm not sayin' anything . . . I'm just sayin'. Just suppose...

Just as a conversation enhancer, and not for any particular reason (other than that I like to play Devil's Advocate and try to see the side that's sometimes overlooked...)...

Satan is also called the 'Great Deceiver', because, having dominion over the Earth (we are told), he can place things in our lives which are designed to fool us into disbelieving what God offers and try to turn us away...right?

S'pose Satan simply puts all these things here . . . dinosaur bones; old rocks; whatever it is that has us believing, "scientifically", that the Bible is wrong and science is right? Suppose it's all a great big Satanic joke meant to decieve us and, in the end, everything in the Bible is true and accurate?

I'm not sayin' anything . . . I'm just sayin'. Just suppose...

So god colludes with and acquiesces to lies--if you say so.

For people who think faith is so simple--you know mustard seed and all--you sure need to come up with some weird convolutions...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back