Journalist blames guns for crime in NY

chudak25

The writer needs to do some research as to where the criminals actually get their guns! As they point out, NY already has some of the toughest gun laws and that has not stopped the gun violence. If you ban guns in the US, criminals will smuggle them from Mexico or elsewhere on the boats that come to our shores, while an honest citizen will be unarmed! We can't stop the illegal aliens from coming into our country, so I'm sure guns are much easier to hide than a human! Just really sad that people choose not to use their brains to really think about the issue of how a gun comes to killing someone, instead they just say guns are the root of all evil!

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
The author's research is definately flawed. Most strikingly is the the statistic about 140 officers being shot and killed in the line of duty last year! The actual grand total of officers shot and killed in the line of duty for the year 2008 is 36. The total number of officers killed in the line of duty for 2008 is 132. 39 of those deaths were traffic accidents. Source;

The Officer Down Memorial Page, Inc.

Obviously this is one person's opinion who is definately anti RKBA.

HK4U

Is the research flawed or is he just out right telling a lie. Some people never let the truth get in the way of their agenda.

.45_4me

Is the research flawed or is he just out right telling a lie. Some people never let the truth get in the way of their agenda.

That's exactly right. Many journalists never let the truth get in the way of a good story that fits their agenda. It's one of the main reasons I despise the media. BTW it's the bbc, so no surprise there for me!

Last edited:

Sheldon

Someone blaming guns for crime is is as flawed a concept as blaming Journalist for illiterate people.... Maybe someone should submit a editorial comment and post just that.

Last edited:
W

wolfhunter

Someone blaming guns for crime is is as flawed a concept as blaming Journalist for illiterate people.... Maybe someone should submit a editorial comment and post just that.

Journalists don't cause illiteracy, they just make me wish I was illiterate.

Scarecrow

You know if guns cause crime then I guess cars cause drunk drivers.:wacko:

exactly HK! yet you don't see them trying to ban cars do you? I think Ted Nugent put it very well when he said "If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective. "

ricbak

BBC, Stands for What?

BBC Stands for What? British Bu**S***Centre? This article is designed to sell paper for bird cages...
I Like the quote at the bottom of the page> So much for free speech:
The BBC may edit your comments and not all emails will be published. Your comments may be published on any BBC media worldwide.

Glockster20

Clinging to God and guns
BBC Stands for What? British Bu**S***Centre? This article is designed to sell paper for bird cages...
I Like the quote at the bottom of the page> So much for free speech:

:lol::laugh: Ricbak I litterally almost spit out my coffee on your breakdown of their acronym:lol:

W

wolfhunter

Quote:
The National Rifle Association "buys" a majority of congressmen as easily as killers buy bullets.

Apparently, the NRA isn't "buying" as many congressmen as the Brady Bunch is.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryss