John Quincy Adams.

I was born and raised in Quincy, and in school we took a field trip to the Adam's birth place. As I walked through the house, it seemed as if I was back in time, and everyone had just gone out to plow the field or feed the livestock, or whatever, and would return at any moment. What a humbling experience. I find it impossible to believe the collective wisdom and genius of our founding fathers was brought together in one place and time without divine intervention.

I find it impossible to believe the collective wisdom and genius of our founding fathers was brought together in one place and time without divine intervention.

Divine Intervention! Hah! You're advocating that the creation of the United States was an act of God. Laughable. So, living in the U.S. must be like heaven. The Bible, some say, was written by man with divine intervention. Then why did any portion that gave rights to women end up on the cutting room floor? I try not to make fun of any one specific religion; I make fun of them all. When LDS finally was forced to reveal the private documents of John Smith, their prophet turned out to be a drunk womanizer. Most Christians will point to the prophet Mohammed and say that he was not a god, but you see where this is going. Jesus was just another self proclaimed prophet. Christianity is based on the same falsehoods that every other religion is based on. Religion is the soothing salve of the masses. Whatever makes you feel better about your limited existence. I will say that the Bible is a better book than the Quran. At least it advocates being nice to one another. That's better than killing or enslaving everyone that doesn't follow your same beliefs. If you must believe in a god, then believe in a god, but stay out of churches. Churches are man's creation. Otherwise, your god would have said, "X church is the one true church, and all others are to be burnt because they not the one true church."

I just so happened to visit John Quincy Adams, and his father last Saturday. They are both still doing well at the Lutheran Church in Quincy Square where I and my wife attended a memorial ceremony. It was humbling to be in their presence.

Divine Intervention! Hah! You're advocating that the creation of the United States was an act of God. Laughable. So, living in the U.S. must be like heaven. The Bible, some say, was written by man with divine intervention. Then why did any portion that gave rights to women end up on the cutting room floor? I try not to make fun of any one specific religion; I make fun of them all. When LDS finally was forced to reveal the private documents of John Smith, their prophet turned out to be a drunk womanizer. Most Christians will point to the prophet Mohammed and say that he was not a god, but you see where this is going. Jesus was just another self proclaimed prophet. Christianity is based on the same falsehoods that every other religion is based on. Religion is the soothing salve of the masses. Whatever makes you feel better about your limited existence. I will say that the Bible is a better book than the Quran. At least it advocates being nice to one another. That's better than killing or enslaving everyone that doesn't follow your same beliefs. If you must believe in a god, then believe in a god, but stay out of churches. Churches are man's creation. Otherwise, your god would have said, "X church is the one true church, and all others are to be burnt because they not the one true church."

Damn son you sure missed on that one, Jesus in the beginning refused to be named anything but a teacher, others gave him that name, others that witnessed his acts, deeds, and actions, then reiterated and recorded them later.

Yes religion does serve a need, one that helps to teach morality, honesty, integrity, compassion, and a term called Christianity aka adding others in need with out regard of what is in it for them self. think not look at those nations that only believe in the me and only me theory of operation, murder, slavery, rape are the norm, where the civilian population is mostly un armed, are hacked to death, in constant fear for their life, and a great many are predominately areas where Islam is the primary (if there is any) religion....

Yes the qur'an is inferior and was written by an inbred mad man that was out for vengeance and self proclaimed himself but was never proven to be a profit of anything except lies, murder, robbery, rape, incest and mayham....

Damn son you sure missed on that one, Jesus in the beginning refused to be named anything but a teacher, others gave him that name, others that witnessed his acts, deeds, and actions, then reiterated and recorded them later.

Yes religion does serve a need, one that helps to teach morality, honesty, integrity, compassion, and a term called Christianity aka adding others in need with out regard of what is in it for them self. think not look at those nations that only believe in the me and only me theory of operation, murder, slavery, rape are the norm, where the civilian population is mostly un armed, are hacked to death, in constant fear for their life, and a great many are predominately areas where Islam is the primary (if there is any) religion....

Who are you calling son? My 10 year old son could write a clearer sentence than you. You missed English class the day they were talking about spelling and run-on sentences. Get an education, and then come talk to me about missing something. Christianity is a man made theology, and didn't even gain popularity until hundreds of years after Jesus died. Anyone who believes that he made miracles probably also believes in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and little green men from Mars.

Who are you calling son? My 10 year old son could write a clearer sentence than you. You missed English class the day they were talking about spelling and run-on sentences. Get an education, and then come talk to me about missing something. Christianity is a man made theology, and didn't even gain popularity until hundreds of years after Jesus died. Anyone who believes that he made miracles probably also believes in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and little green men from Mars.

Let's see he starts off his post with insults and posturing, indicating a severe need to feel superior by attempting intimidation. Could this be due to possible mental and or physical abuse issues as a child, (maybe a broken home,) or severe bullying by someone such as an older sibling?
My 34 year old son could teach you some manners there sonny. Further I would not brag too loudly your knowledge base is a tad short as well, so before you go n and call the kettle black, go back to school with your 10 year old, and while you are there how about some classes in class.....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back