Jackson County, MO Permit hours change.

Dave

Sheriff: CCW applications now by appointment only

Starting May 1, the CCW Unit hours will be 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays. The time from 8:30 a.m. until noon on Mondays and Thursdays will be reserved for renewal applications only.

The CCW Unit also will be open 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. There will be no appointments made on weekends or holidays.

Link Removed

Speaking of permits, how did the Boston Marathon Bomber suspects get guns if one was convicted of (and should have been deported for) Domestic Violence charges. Oh, never mind, they probably bought them at a gun show. BULLS__t!!!!!! Criminals do not follow the law. This is perfect example of why the so called bi-partisan agreement would not have worked. Wake up LIBS. This is your fault.

Back to the Jackson County permits, I noted in the letter from Donna that when a person goes in to pick up their certificate of qualification, the cannot go to the DOR the same day to pick up their endorsement...is that new? What is the rational behind that? None of the other counties require this?

It's been like that as long as I know of in Jackson county.
Simple reason is it takes them that long to get it into the computer systems
and for the servers to refresh so the state has it. That is done over night.
First time I went right after permits started I sat and waited at the DOR
only too find out they didn't have the info in there system yet.
All the permit people at the office are Reserve Deputies and pretty nice
about the process. I ask about the delay long ago and computer data entry
timing is the slow down.

Great! Thanks for that explanation. I don't live in JC and haven't had students from there but I wanted to be prepared if I do have. I have to say that Donna has been the nicest person I've worked with in this process. Other counties also have polite and informative folks but she's really very helpful.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back