IWB tuckable holster comparison

Moxie5

I'm new to CC, just received my permit and bought a Glock 26. So now I'm in the market for a good holster. I'm a 5'2', medium framed mom with 2 young kids.

I'm looking at the CrossBreed SuperTuck (my husband has one) and the Shielded Holster's Double Phalanx. There is an obvious price difference (about $50 shipped) but they look about the same to me - the Double Phalanx appears to have less leather. I like the J hook options that CB offers (which you can always buy separate). But if I'm getting practically the same product for $50 less and both have a lifetime warranty... it seems like a no-brainer.

Would I be compromising on comfort with less (or more) leather? That's my biggest concern. Any thoughts either way? Or other suggestions?

I love my Galco Kingtuk. Works great for my Glock 26 and 17 (Same holster). Quality is superb as all Galco is and it was only $53.

Link Removed

My thoughts are biased as I have a Supertuck. The fact that it has a little more leather makes it more comfortable for me as the weight is spread out over a larger area. In the end though, it is a personal choice. Try your husbands Supertuck on for fit and if you can try a Phalanx. Which ever one feels more comfortable to you in the long run is a better investment regardless of price.

Thanks, I was going to also mention the Kingtuk - I've heard good reviews on that one as well. All three seem to be in the same general style class.

Which ever one feels more comfortable to you in the long run is a better investment regardless of price.

Thanks Charlie - that's how I feel about it. I do have a local friend who has both the CB and just bought a SH. I'll have to ask him to try his out.

Some times iwb holsters are not the best way to go. Some out side the belt holsters offer the same concealment with a tee shirt or sweat shirt and allows you to get a better grip and draw on your weapon. Im a fan of kydex holsters that fit close to your body. Iwb limit your ability to draw effectively and in my opinion and are kind of uncomfortable. But thats just me.

I've been using Crossbreeds for the most part, but I am now using Hidden Hybrid Holsters. They made me one for my P226 TACOPS WITH a Viridian X5L Gen2 and it's amazingly comfortable all day. I also had them make me one for my Spfld Armory Xdm 3.8 with the same result. I highly recommend them.

Not really a sacrifice. Just depends on what you like vs how much you want to spend. Also look at Galco. They make a king tuck that is great. As does comp-tac.

-Nick
All American Firearms Training

I have both the Crossbreed & the Galco King Tuk.
Both are excellent IWB Holsters, but the Galco King Tuk is much more affordable & can usually be found on display at most gun stores. I got mine at Cabela's and I use it almost daily.

To the OP;
Great choice on going with the Glock 26. :yes4:

I used a crossbreed for my Glock 26, I have to say though I'm from CT. and they are extremely strict about about CONCEALED! A Firearms Review Board member lost his permit because a drivethru window person saw the butt of his revolver.
He actually sat next to the guys who took his permit and HE ruled on others. So where I come from, IWB is the ONLY sane way to go.

I use the MaxTuck from whitehatholsters.com and love it. You can buy a separate kydex for only $20 if you have more than one weapon. They are screwed on and easily swapped out. Same price as CB but the changable kydex makes its value higher IMHO

There alot of G26 holster post. feels like I've been posting this picture alot. But my favorite holster and it happens to be tuckable . G27

Link Removed

I have tried all of the above. I like them all for each a different reason. I would give Hidden Hybrid Holsters a try though. They will make what you want.

I neglected to mention another very comfortable fairly priced IWB and that's n82tactical.com. You choose the firearm, they make the holster. I got mine in a week. I find that if you shop price , like a firearm you get what you pay for.

I got a new Holster from Mackenzie Holsters he is a new company in Ga. and I must say I had a C.B. Super Tuck that I gave my wife when she also took my Mini Glock. But the Mackenzie Holsters IWB is going for par along with C.B. I am in no way bashing C.B. Holsters I am just giving props to this guy at Mackenzie Holsters, $45.00 arrived in 5 days. I think it is awesome and very comfortable to wear. He also gives a 100% no questions asked free lifetime replacement Warranty. This goes to say a lot about the guy and his holsters. Plus I like supporting the small business type people email him and ask a few questions he will build holsters to your specks and even does custom leather tooling he put a S&C Mason sign on my looks great. they are at Link Removed

I got one from Mackenzie Holsters had it in 5 days great holster tuckable IWB great price great warranty. They are at Mackenzie Holsters dot com.

I've had the Crossbreed Supertuck for a Glock 20, made it very concealable with the right clothing, but I love my Galco KingTuk for my G19 and G26. Only major difference I saw in the 2 holsters was the Crossbreed seems to be able to swap out the kydex part, the KingTuk kydex is rivetted on...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back