IWB holster question

Ordered my Crossbread on 10-4-04 got it on 10-14-09. I am 6'2" 240 lbs and I have some of those luv handles but not too bad. Trying different cant combos and different areas. Are there any other heavier guys out there using one of these? I am carring a G19 and I have some discomfort in my side but not much . Will this get better?

It took mine a couple weeks of everyday wear to feel the most comfortable. I wear it at about 3:30 or so.

If I'm doing lots of bending at the waist (while I'm unobserved/alone, else the butt of the gun WILL print), it might migrate to 4:00 or more. I can instantly tell the next time I sit down (and sometimes while I'm still standing), and I'll adjust it back to 3:30. It's not much of a move, but it makes a big difference to me.

BTW, I'm about 5'9 and 240. Love handles for sure.

Did you go up a size in pants to IWB carry? Have a good GUN BELT?

Brunay, I currently wear a 36 waist blue jean and I have one pant that is a relaxed cut. Of coarse I hate to go up a pant waist size but it looks like I will get some 38's to make up for the holster. I ride a street bike and I rode some 150 miles today with my gun on and in the 3:30 position. I had little discomfort and what i do have is up around the slide area. I wore a long sleve t shirt tucked in under my riding jacket and my friends who also shoot did not know I had my 9mm on my hip. I'm thinking that when I go to the larger pant size the gun will not be so tight against my body and therefore be more comfy. By the way where are your adjusters at? I currently have mine set on #2, both sides, from the top. I had it set at #1 but the top of my jeans laped over the top of the holster and made it harder to holster my gun.

I make my own. G19 does not print and carries well all day and night. I assume something similar would be the ticket. My criteria was ease of carry. speed of draw, and the ability for the rig to stay open and not collapse allowing reholster with one hand. Making the rig with the rough side of the leather on the outside allows more surface area holding rig secure. papa

PICT0539.jpg

im 6' and weigh 290lbs and i felt a little bit of discomfort while wearing my supertuck at first, but then i broke it in. know i cant feel if im carrying, and i carry a sig p229 that weighs quite a bit.

Brunay, I currently wear a 36 waist blue jean and I have one pant that is a relaxed cut. Of coarse I hate to go up a pant waist size but it looks like I will get some 38's to make up for the holster. I ride a street bike and I rode some 150 miles today with my gun on and in the 3:30 position. I had little discomfort and what i do have is up around the slide area. I wore a long sleve t shirt tucked in under my riding jacket and my friends who also shoot did not know I had my 9mm on my hip. I'm thinking that when I go to the larger pant size the gun will not be so tight against my body and therefore be more comfy. By the way where are your adjusters at? I currently have mine set on #2, both sides, from the top. I had it set at #1 but the top of my jeans laped over the top of the holster and made it harder to holster my gun.

Yeah, I had to go to 36s. On my rig, the back clip is at second hole from the top, and the front one is third hole from the top. Gives the weapon a slightly more vertical position.

When I broke mine in, it was in the middle of summer, so it picked up quite a bit of moisture from my body. That may have made it break in faster, not sure.

I've had my Crossbreed holster about 3 weeks now. The more you wear it the better it gets. Fits my 6' 2", 240 lb. frame well. Love it!!!

6' tall and 230 lbs.. Love, (Yup used the L-word there) my CrossBreed SuperTuck... Worth the cost.. Instead of buying some other one and then another one:yes4:.. Just get a CrossBreed and try it.

Yep, 6'2" and 238lbs I have to say my Crossbreed Super Tuck is awesome. I'm still breaking it in and have been fooling with the adjustment holes and position to see how things go.

I want to lose around 20lbs instead of buying new pants. :biggrin:

Gosh are you my twin?? I need to lose 20 or more also. I quit racing motorcross a couple of years ago and have been adding weight, but anyway my Crossbreed is working well. Even in my 36 pants I have figured out where to wear it. (about 3:30) Finally got the adjustments where I want them also. I have learned how to tuck in my shirt and my gun not being seen also.

I will add to the list of Crossbreed owners. I carry a CZ P-01 all day every day in a super tuck and it is nothing but comfortable and secure. I, like most, have tried several holsters and none compare to the Crossbreed!

Lets not forget about Blade-tech or Raven Concealment Both vary good IWB and OWB holster makers for the price. I just ordered a Bobby Mcgee Nano pro series IWB and a double mag pouch from Blade-tech. But if you need a good holster now and cant wait I would pick one up from a dealer. My wait time for my holster is going on three weeks now.

Just got by CrossBreed supertuck in the mail yesterday, wife didn't tell me about it until today so I will let everyone know at the end of day how comfortable it is.

If you want a lined kydex holster, check out Tucker Gun Leathers "Link Removed" line of holsters.
I've never used one, but have heard good things about them.

Lets not forget about Blade-tech or Raven Concealment Both vary good IWB and OWB holster makers for the price. I just ordered a Bobby Mcgee Nano pro series IWB and a double mag pouch from Blade-tech. But if you need a good holster now and cant wait I would pick one up from a dealer. My wait time for my holster is going on three weeks now.

I got my Blade-tech nano iwb several weeks ago and it was well worth the 2 week wait. It conceals my Glock 30 very nicely. Prolly my favorite holster in my drawer. You should be very happy with it. Now im looking into the Blade-tech magazine/ flashlight combo carrier to match. Great product and great customer service.

I got my Blade-tech nano iwb several weeks ago and it was well worth the 2 week wait. It conceals my Glock 30 very nicely. Prolly my favorite holster in my drawer. You should be very happy with it. Now im looking into the Blade-tech magazine/ flashlight combo carrier to match. Great product and great customer service.

LOL I'm driving my self nuts I keep logging into my account and checking my order history and it keeps saying processing. I cant carry till it gets here because my OWB holster drives me nuts seems like every time I do something the shirt pulls up and exposes the M&P40. While it's not a big deal as open carry is totally legal in my state. I'M not one of them attention nuts who has to have everyone looking at him so I don't open carry. If I like the holster I'M going to order a tactical drop leg with light holster.

I am kinda partial to Khosters my self , they are adjustable and Tuck-able and you can trim them to suit your self , They hold me in in the right place to make them more concealable. Im old amd a little over weight.

Link Removed

LOL I'm driving my self nuts I keep logging into my account and checking my order history and it keeps saying processing. I cant carry till it gets here because my OWB holster drives me nuts seems like every time I do something the shirt pulls up and exposes the M&P40. While it's not a big deal as open carry is totally legal in my state. I'M not one of them attention nuts who has to have everyone looking at him so I don't open carry. If I like the holster I'M going to order a tactical drop leg with light holster.

:laugh: Hang in there, you should be getting your holster any day now. When I ordered mine they told me it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive. I was very surprised when it arrived in only 2 weeks. I agree with you about not open carrying. Its legal in Oregon too but Ive never done it. I think it gives up the tactical advantage one gets when carrying concealed. I feel open carry is more for making a political statement, and i just don't want that much attention.

Im sure you will like your new holster. Its very light weight, sturdy, and secure.

If you want a lined kydex holster, check out Tucker Gun Leathers "Link Removed" line of holsters.
I've never used one, but have heard good things about them.

It's what I ended up going with. Actually I bought two of them. And I'm probably going to be ordering another soon.

Great communication and great people to work with,

Kholsters are excellent for larger frame guns. There's a break-in period, but the Kydex holds the unit very securely. Very adjustable for depth and cant.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back