Iwb 1911 holster

fourkeys

I'm trying to determine what might be the most concealable IWB holster for a Colt 1911 Combat Commander. Holster reviews recommend several but I need insight from those that actually have experience using a particular model. Any opinions?

I frequently use and have been very happy with a Crossbreed super tuck IWB holster for a standard full-size 1911. There are a number of other quality holsters made by other manufacturers that are very similar in design. You won't be disappointed with Crossbreed. Kydex portion of the holster is custom made for your gun.

I second Crossbreed for IWB. I also have AlienGear IWB and they are ok also but for me Crossbreed is still tops for me. I have some friends who swear by N82 tactical.

I'm in the process on getting a ruger sr1911 and I have order a shell for it from Alien Gears, Crossbreed is a good one also but they have been about four to six week turn around. I have a good friend that when I'm ready he is going to make me a leather holster, so check out nelsonholsters he make so awesome holsters. The Stealth iwb holster with the reenforce open is really good.Link Removed

SHTF Gear

I have had good luck with SHTF Gear holsters and have carried a 1911 in one as my EDC for some time. I do however, surgically remove the sweat guard to ensure that it does not interfere with thumb safety operation.

I have had good luck with SHTF Gear holsters and have carried a 1911 in one as my EDC for some time. I do however, surgically remove the sweat guard to ensure that it does not interfere with thumb safety operation.

Love your setup.

That is interesting, I specifically requested an extended sweat guard for my Silent Thunder Fusion from Garrett Industries. Garrett's sweat guard is much narrower though, only the width of the slide. I could see how your's could have been an issue.
Ironically, I don't get to carry my 1911 much except during the winter when sweat isn't so much of an issue.

I have a RKBA IWB leather holster for my full size Ruger 1911 and I ordered a High Noon holster for my Rock Island GI Officer's model, no real particular reason, but I wanted a holster for that gun and that one appeared in a email.
I really like using Kydex or a Kydex hybrid , as the draw is often better, but this time I went for looks.

I've been carrying a Sig C3 ( 1911 commander ) IWB for about a year now and love the holster I have. Check them out Fusion Holsters at ccgofalabama.com

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back