I've come across this...need advice

PascalFleischman

Apparently, this guy is selling a Rock River AR-15.....here's his description. Could some of you "black gun" guys help me out on if this is a good deal or not? Sorry for the guy's poor grammar.

its a TASC,A2,16in barrel,6pos.stock,mamba sling,yhm 4 rail free float handrail with a vertical grip. been shot 200 times clean after every trip.it has the blue rock river case but dosen't fit in it any more due to up grades. very nice black rife.i have about $1400.00 in it.itake $1200.00 +ffl fee cash frim no trades.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Apparently, this guy is selling a Rock River AR-15.....here's his description. Could some of you "black gun" guys help me out on if this is a good deal or not? Sorry for the guy's poor grammar.

its a TASC,A2,16in barrel,6pos.stock,mamba sling,yhm 4 rail free float handrail with a vertical grip. been shot 200 times clean after every trip.it has the blue rock river case but dosen't fit in it any more due to up grades. very nice black rife.i have about $1400.00 in it.itake $1200.00 +ffl fee cash frim no trades.

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

If you're willing to pay the price, and you're in dire need of an AR-15, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, if you look hard enough, you'll probably be able to find a better deal through the various online venues and auctions. Personally, I'd pay no more than $1,000 for that rifle.

gf

With the price of AR's going up every day and the lack of availability that may be a good price. Impact Guns has it for under $1,000 but like everyone else they are "out of stock". Personally I'm with Glock Fan. Being a used AR and a "plain Jane" I wouldn't want to go much over $1,000 but If I needed/wanted it bad enough I'd offer him $1,000 and see if I could get him to come down on the price. Maybe he would split the difference and settle for $1,100. It all depends on what you are willing to pay.

Last edited:
If you're willing to pay the price, and you're in dire need of an AR-15, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, if you look hard enough, you'll probably be able to find a better deal through the various online venues and auctions. Personally, I'd pay no more than $1,000 for that rifle.

gf

Even with the 4-rail forend & vertical grip?

Aren't Rock River AR's a little pricier than say a DPMS?

I did a cruise on Gunbroker, and I didn't find ANY RRA AR's for under $1350.....I think with the costs climbing up as BHO's inaguration approaches, this seems like a decent deal. I was prepared to pay closer to $2000 for a Sig 556, but I think that's just the gearhead in me.

Sonds like an ok price. I believe they retail new for around $1200-$1300. The YHM railed frond grip I've seen from $90 to $150. The vertical grip probably betweem $30 and $60. The sling I have no idea. Your basically paying for the gun and getting the upgrades for free. So not a great price but I don't think you're getting ripped off either.

Especially in this day and age....unfortunately, he'll only do an FFL. No face-to-face. I guess that's good to make sure that neither one of us is getting ripped off, but I'd sure like to make a purchase like this (in this day & age) OFF THE BOOKS.

Any suggestions on how to go about covering my ass in this situation? He's a fellow member of another forum, so I don't know the guy. He's about a 3 hour drive from me, so it's not like I can personally verify everything. I think that I'd like to offer buying directly from the licensed FFL, as opposed to directly sending him a check.

You may arrange to meet him at the FFL's place--call around and find one willing to do the deal. Maybe look for a smaller place that's not going with the electronic 4473's yet. Then your info will just be in their files and not electronically accessible to BATF. I think to keep the FFL records straight they will transfer the gun into their inventory and then transfer it out to you and may charge you a "transfer fee" in addition to the background check fee for their part in the deal. Make some calls, or if you have a favorite dealer maybe you could get the seller to come to you or at least part way.

I've got someone here locally that'll do the FFL, but I'm across the state and can't physically be there for the transfer. I think I'll ask for HIS FFL dealer's license, so at least I'll have some recourse in case things go awry.

I am a Rock River dealer the price is high but people are paying that price now. It normaly cost less then a thousand for what the picture shows. I have AR's from Rock River on back order and I don't plan to see them for several months. None of my whole salers have any AR stuff.
Rock River is good stuff. I also buy there parts and build my own. No parts on the market now either. If you want a AR buy it some one else will.

After perusing Gunbroker it appears to be a decent deal. You may want to take a look at Gunbroker yourself and compare. All AR-15's have gone up in price in light of recent election events. Looks like my Bushmaster has doubled in price.

For present market conditions, it's a reasonable price.

I paid $908 shipped for my S&W M&P15R that I haven't taken possession yet. I could easily turn around and sell it unfired for at least $1300.

Given the current market conditions, I'd say it's a worthwhile deal. I have a RRA Entry Tac that I paid $900 for when they weren't hard to find. If I were shopping right now, I'd give a couple hundred more for it.

Last edited:
I am a Rock River dealer the price is high but people are paying that price now. It normaly cost less then a thousand for what the picture shows. I have AR's from Rock River on back order and I don't plan to see them for several months. None of my whole salers have any AR stuff.
Rock River is good stuff. I also buy there parts and build my own. No parts on the market now either. If you want a AR buy it some one else will.

Thanks for the input....even if the price is a little high, the rifle has a "unique quality". IT'S AVAILABLE!

AVAILABLE is the key word, for sure. I'm trying to find a 6.8 SPC upper for my AR. I'd even settle for the complete rifle. The problem is there aren't many of them out there and the one's that I've found are way overpriced. Some people are asking more for the upper than I would have paid for the entire rifle a month ago.

Unfortunately available is a key factor. AR-15s in 5.45x39mm and AR-57s are flying off the shelves too. Demand has caused anything that may be on the pending AWB to go up. We can't say it's gouging because of our economic system being based on supply and demand. Marketplace has dictated that the price of ARs and AKs go up.

If it's within your means, by all means buy it. It will only go up until Obama & Co have been stopped by the voters or the SCOTUS with respect to further erosion of our RKBA.

That is the prices I have been seeing also. I still love my Colt Ar but if you like it, then buy it. I have been looking at their .458 but it is at least a 16+ week wait. It is what it is, if you like it, buy it. Dave

Just checked gunbroker.com. S&W M&P15OR is going for over $1400. Before the election they were below $800. It may be time to start looking for lowers and buying rifle kits sans the lower. If you can wait or get on a back order list at a reasonable price that may be a viable option.

I'm not looking forward to ordering a 5.56mm upper for my M&P15R. It appears Internet mail order upper prices have not gone up if you're willing to wait.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back