It's Official - UN Map: US highest in gun ownership, LOW in murder!!!

E

ezkl2230

OK - it is now official: the garbage we have been hearing about the US leading the world in murders because of our high firearms ownership rate has been de-bunked - by none other than the UN! The following maps were developed by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime.

Take that Feinstein, Obama, Holder, Bloomberg, Brady, and the rest of you gun grabbers!

Link Removed
Link Removed

Clearly some of the American guns are traveling to other countries and murdering those defenseless peaceful unarmed citizens.

Ezkl, nice map. Could you please provide a link? There are about 500 people I know that I'd like to send this to.

OK - it is now official: the garbage we have been hearing about the US leading the world in murders because of our high firearms ownership rate has been de-bunked - by none other than the UN! The following maps were developed by the UN Office on Drugs and Crime.

Take that Feinstein, Obama, Holder, Bloomberg, Brady, and the rest of you gun grabbers!

Link Removed
Link Removed

Now to get accurate figures, subtract all suicides and gang-related murders from that tally, and watch how far the US numbers drop.

Damn, and now, why does the UN want to disarm the United States? I wonder....

Yes - that is the REAL question. These figures are actually from 2007, so the UN has known this truth for YEARS, yet publicly they have made the US out to be the gun violence/murder capitol of the world. But certainly the UN doesn't have an agenda…. :rolleyes:

The mind of a child speaks the truth, young niece at house the other day said "its not the gun but the little thingy that comes out the end" Could not have said it better myself.

Does anyone really think the left will pay any attention to this? They tout the UN all the time, except when it doesn't suit their agenda. Name one time when the left has bothered to learn the truth.

Folks, it may seem pointless, but print these things off and fax them to your congresscritters anyway. The UN is next to god for many of them, so don't let the opportunity to put something from the UN that proves our argument in their offices. Tie up their fax lines!

This reminds me of the UN finding that global warming is a myth. Sorry, I mean they "overestimated the effects." The liberal media will ignore it, our government will ignore it, and even the UN itself will ignore it. Because science and facts don't matter. Only political agendas matter.

I'm surprised that we have not been accused of that!!! But give obummer time!!

We HAVE been accused of that! Remember the remarks from the pres of mexico, that were echoed by Obama, about American weapons making their way to mexico and being used in crimes there? The fact that those weapons were supplied by the administration was carefully ommitted in an effort to place the blame on citizens and manufacturers.

I have faxed these maps to all of my representatives at all levels of government - federal, state, and mayor. The mayor of Grand Rapids, MI, has been trying to dismantle our rights in conjunction with MAIG, and has been trying to get legislation passed at the state level as well.

This is the letter that accompanied the fax:

Mayor,

The following maps were developed by the UN. They show conclusively what those of us in the Second Amendment community have been saying for years, and what was stated recently by none other than the head of Interpol: permitting citizens to exercise their right to defend themselves with legally owned firearms prevents violent crime.

"Interpol Secretary General Ronald Noble told ABC News that one of the only ways to prevent terrorists from hitting soft targets was to arm citizens globally, noting that the Westgate mall siege would have been averted far quicker if it had taken place in gun-friendly areas like Denver or Texas.

Noble’s statements are a powerful rebuttal to the anti-gun lobby, especially given his background. The Interpol chief was formerly the head of all law enforcement for the U.S. Treasury Department.

Stressing that an “armed citizenry” was the only option besides turning soft targets like shopping malls into enclaves surrounded by “extraordinary security” perimeters, Noble suggested that the siege in Kenya, which dragged on for days and ended in the slaughter of 60 civilians, represented a huge public relations blow for gun control advocates.

“Ask yourself: If that was Denver, Col., if that was Texas, would those guys have been able to spend hours, days, shooting people randomly?” Noble said, referring to states with pro-gun traditions. “What I’m saying is it makes police around the world question their views on gun control. It makes citizens question their views on gun control. You have to ask yourself, ‘Is an armed citizenry more necessary now than it was in the past with an evolving threat of terrorism?’ This is something that has to be discussed.”

“For me it’s a profound question,” he continued. “People are quick to say ‘gun control, people shouldn’t be armed,’ etc., etc. I think they have to ask themselves: ‘Where would you have wanted to be? In a city where there was gun control and no citizens armed if you’re in a Westgate mall, or in a place like Denver or Texas?’”

As we reported last month, an off-duty SAS soldier armed with a handgun helped save at least 100 lives during the Westgate siege, returning to the building a dozen times to rescue hostages.

Noble’s argument that guns in the hands of responsible citizens can prevent bloodshed is backed by hard statistics.

According to a 1993 National Self- Defense Survey conducted by Gary Kleck, Ph.D., a professor in the School of Criminology and Criminal Justice at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Americans use guns to defend themselves against a confrontation with a criminal up to 2.5 million times a year. This means that every day in America some 6,800 people use guns to protect themselves.

Scholars Clayton E. Cramer and David Burnett have documented how “a great number of tragedies — murders, rapes, assaults, robberies — have been thwarted by self-defense gun uses,” Link Removed.
The counter-intuitive nature of gun control was already recognized in the 1760's when Cesare Bonesana published his manuscript, "Of Crimes and Punishments:"

"A principal source of errors and injustice are false ideas of utility. For example: that legislator has false ideas of utility who considers particular more than general conveniencies, who had rather command the sentiments of mankind than excite them, and dares say to reason, `Be thou a slave'; who would sacrifice a thousand real advantages to the fear of an imaginary or
trifling inconvenience; who would deprive men of the use of fire for fear of their being burnt, and of water for fear of their being drowned; and who knows of no means of preventing evil but by destroying it. THE LAWS OF THIS NATURE ARE THOSE WHICH FORBID TO WEAR ARMS, DISARMING THOSE ONLY WHO ARE NOT DISPOSED TO COMMIT THE CRIME WHICH THE LAWS MEAN TO PREVENT. Can it be supposed, that those who have the courage to violate the most sacred laws of humanity, and the most important of the code, will respect the less considerable and arbitrary injunctions, the violation of which is so easy, and of so little comparative importance? Does not the
execution of this law deprive the subject of that personal liberty, so dear to mankind and to the wise legislator? and does it not subject the innocent to all the disagreeable circumstances that should only fall on the guilty? IT CERTAINLY MAKES THE SITUATION OF THE ASSAULTED WORSE, AND OF THE ASSAILANTS BETTER, AND RATHER ENCOURAGES THAN PREVENTS MURDER, AS IT REQUIRES LESS COURAGE TO ATTACK UNARMED THAN ARMED PERSONS."

Leave our US and Michigan Constitutional rights alone. You swore an oath to UPHOLD our Constitutions - not to look for ways to DISMANTLE them

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back