It's Called Christmas

Sadly most public places can no longer call that to be "PC" and as to not offend anyone they have to say "happy holidays". Some stores no longer even play Chirstmis music out of fear or offending someone and the en-pending lawsuits that would follow. It's sad really what we have allowed our self's to become!

The name CHRISTmas should indicate what it really is all about...

If you choose not to celebrate it, that's your choice and you're free to make that choice. The 1st Amendment...

Don't make it uncomfortable for the individuals who choose to celebrate it. If someone says "merry Christmas" and you don't agree or simply don't want to reciprocate, simply say nothing or perhaps say "bah humbug" and walk away. If a Nativity scene with the baby Christ in the manger bothers you, look away...

Merry Christmas to all who believe...

Merry Christmas to all. He is the reason for the season. By the way I doubt that there are any that do not know that Dec. 25th most likely is not the day Christ was born. It is the day we set aside to remember God's perfect gift.

The name CHRISTmas should indicate what it really is all about...

If you choose not to celebrate it, that's your choice and you're free to make that choice. The 1st Amendment...

Don't make it uncomfortable for the individuals who choose to celebrate it. If someone says "merry Christmas" and you don't agree or simply don't want to reciprocate, simply say nothing or perhaps say "bah humbug" and walk away. If a Nativity scene with the baby Christ in the manger bothers you, look away...

Merry Christmas to all who believe...

That is how it should be! But sadly it's not they feel they should not be subjected to it and that it violates their rights and believes. They have been winning the battle over the years and we just keep taking it. Look at the tv ads now Vs back in the in the 80's-90's most of the ads use to say marry christmas Vs now they say happy holidays(not all but most). Most big company's no longer have holiday party's and no longer do secret santa. As Bob Dylan said "Times they are a changing".

Actually the reason for Christians celibrating the birth of Christ on December 25 has nothing to do with when Jesus Christ was supposedly born. There is conflicting historical evidence that Christ was either born in October or January, there is no evidence that Christ was born in the month of December. The reason for celibrating Christmas on December 25 is basically all marketing. Durring the time of the Roman Empire the holiday of Saternalia, the veneration of the emperor as the son of the gods, was celibrated on December 25. The folowers of the Mithradidic religion did not like their folowers celibrating this holiday so they invented a holiday to coincide with Saternalia, Mithra's birthday. The folowers of the Mithradidic religion declared that their divine champion was born on December 25 and that they would celebrate their holiday on that day so that the faithful would not be celebrating the state holiday of Saternalia. They coopted all of the Roman practices that went along with Saternalia.

Durring the middle ages the Christian leaders became concerned with their faithful celibrating the birth holiday of a pagan champion, so they took a play out of the pagan playbook and coopted the holiday themselves. Decmeber 25 became a day to celibrate the birth of Christ, for no other reason than the Christian leaders wanted people to celibrate their avatar's birth instead of the champion of a pagan faithful people. The Christians used all of the pagan practices and traditions, hanging of the greens, the advent wreath, feasting with family, candle light celibrations, midnight worship, and gave them Christian meanings.

So by celibrating Christmas on December 25, you are acknoledging one of two things,
1- The Roman Empire was one of the greatest and most influencial civilizations ever, because that is where this holiday originates.
2- This is a time for all religions and cultures to celibrate. An ecumenical holiday as it is a holiday that barrows from a variety of religious and cultural traditions.

I am simply acknowledging one thing; I believe in Christ... All the rest of this crap is meaningless to those who believe in Christ as the son of God..

Actually the reason for Christians celibrating the birth of Christ on December 25 has nothing to do with when Jesus Christ was supposedly born. There is conflicting historical evidence that Christ was either born in October or January, there is no evidence that Christ was born in the month of December. The reason for celibrating Christmas on December 25 is basically all marketing. Durring the time of the Roman Empire the holiday of Saternalia, the veneration of the emperor as the son of the gods, was celibrated on December 25. The folowers of the Mithradidic religion did not like their folowers celibrating this holiday so they invented a holiday to coincide with Saternalia, Mithra's birthday. The folowers of the Mithradidic religion declared that their divine champion was born on December 25 and that they would celebrate their holiday on that day so that the faithful would not be celebrating the state holiday of Saternalia. They coopted all of the Roman practices that went along with Saternalia.

Durring the middle ages the Christian leaders became concerned with their faithful celibrating the birth holiday of a pagan champion, so they took a play out of the pagan playbook and coopted the holiday themselves. Decmeber 25 became a day to celibrate the birth of Christ, for no other reason than the Christian leaders wanted people to celibrate their avatar's birth instead of the champion of a pagan faithful people. The Christians used all of the pagan practices and traditions, hanging of the greens, the advent wreath, feasting with family, candle light celibrations, midnight worship, and gave them Christian meanings.

So by celibrating Christmas on December 25, you are acknoledging one of two things,
1- The Roman Empire was one of the greatest and most influencial civilizations ever, because that is where this holiday originates.
2- This is a time for all religions and cultures to celibrate. An ecumenical holiday as it is a holiday that barrows from a variety of religious and cultural traditions.

Does it bother you that you get a Friday or Monday off to make a three day week-end for Presidents day, or any number of holidays, even though it may not be the actual day? Easter is also celebrated on varying days. It's not about the exact day (which has long been lost in history) but simply remembering and celebrating the greatest gift in the world. You don't have to accept that belief but why try to ruin it for those who do?

I have a nephew who doesn't believe in God, yet he celebrates Christmas. He doesn't work, but he celebrates Labor Day. :wacko:

Easter is also a coopted holiday from Roman culture. It gets its name from the Roman godess of fertility Astarte, hense the name. The reason for the varying dates of Easter has to do with how the lunar cycle matches up with the vernal equinox on the particular year. Unless you are an Orthodox Christian, they celibrate Easter on a fixed date to get away from all this pagan sillyness. The Easter Egg is also a pagan symbol.

You won't find any mention of Easter, Easter Eggs, Christmas trees, or Advent wreaths in the Bible. You will find all sorts of dietary guidelines which most Christians don't bother to follow.

I find it uncanny how closely the style, wording, and content of your posts reflect those of a banned member...

So how will you be celebrating Christmas? Or will you?

Easter is also a coopted holiday from Roman culture. It gets its name from the Roman godess of fertility Astarte, hense the name. The reason for the varying dates of Easter has to do with how the lunar cycle matches up with the vernal equinox on the particular year. Unless you are an Orthodox Christian, they celibrate Easter on a fixed date to get away from all this pagan sillyness. The Easter Egg is also a pagan symbol.

You won't find any mention of Easter, Easter Eggs, Christmas trees, or Advent wreaths in the Bible. You will find all sorts of dietary guidelines which most Christians don't bother to follow.

You seem to have missed the point. It's not the day that matters, only the reason for the celebration. I don't believe you're going to find the exact birthday of Christ or the exact day of his death and resurrection so one was picked to remember those events. This basic understanding can be shown in the following:

Romans 14:4-6 (King James Version)

4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Last edited:
So historical truth is meaningless? I guess we can just make things up as we go along then?

Not sure who "we" encompasses...

I made nothing up... Again, none of this crap is meaningful to those who believe in the son of God... It matters not what day we celebrate him. I go to church tomorrow and celebrate him and at the table each night we thank him and celebrate him...

i really don't care !!!!

you got that right i really don't care what other people think because they don't care what it think i always did and always will wish all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and i will sing it whisle it !!! i work for a guy how is atheist and his wife is and children he even dist his oldist son because he changed !but the bastard has trees and lights and exchange gifts and the hole 9 yards and even has a company CHRISTMAS party and he gets upset when i call him a hipocrate SCREW THEM ALL and get out of my way !!!!!!!

G50AE is correct and the Holiday was outlawed by the Churches until sometime in the 19th Century.

You are correct to a point. Christmas was made illegal in the 1600's because of a "puritan" drive to do so. They forced it on a people even though many disagreed and this is exactly what is happening today. You can read more about this at:

Christmas — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Now I ask, why does it offend anyone so much for me to say "Merry Christmas" to them? It doesn't offend me if they say "Happy Holidays" back. I have always said everyone is entitled to their beliefs, it's when someone tries to force theirs on someone that makes it wrong.

G50AE is correct and the Holiday was outlawed by the Churches until sometime in the 19th Century.

Was Christmas outlawed? Or was "celebration" of it outlawed because the day was too sacred?

I'd be ALL FOR outlawing the celebration of Christs birth, and let individuals honor his birth in their own way, with out all the corporate driven frenzy buying, driving us deeper into debt because the tv commercials prompt us to.

I finally found something which I liked about Muslims when I realized that they don't contribute to traffic jams Christmas shopping at the malls.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back