Ithaca 4e

PaulIcemanMc

I just traded a nice stainless S&W Mod 27, .357 magnum for a 80%, IMO Ithaca 4e 12 ga trap shotgun. I did it after I looked it up in the Bluebook and saw that 60% was valued at around $1600. Does anyone know if that is true at this time. I really did not want to part with my .357 but the fellow was emphatic about wanting that pistol, and he is a pretty good acquaintence.

I just traded a nice stainless S&W Mod 27, .357 magnum for a 80%, IMO Ithaca 4e 12 ga trap shotgun. I did it after I looked it up in the Bluebook and saw that 60% was valued at around $1600. Does anyone know if that is true at this time. I really did not want to part with my .357 but the fellow was emphatic about wanting that pistol, and he is a pretty good acquaintence.

It's worthless... I'll send you $100 and you send that Ithaca my way. I'll take one for the team! ;)

I have a 1973 Ithaca 12 ga pump gun (Model 37 featherlight) and it's not super expensive. But I've seen some Ithaca SxS and O/U on gunbroker.com going for $1-2K. Go see if there's any on there and what the "buy now" price is. (I'd check, but it's blocked here at work... booo!)

The Trap Guns can be more expensive because of the unique qualities they have. You would have a nice gun, though the Blue Book isn't always right, unless you find the right buyer. HOWEVER, investment wise or resale wise, it would be more difficult to sell if you ever need the cash. Try selling an expensive trap or skeet gun and see what happens. Most expensive competition guns are very specialized and will only be bought by a very limited number of people and for less than normal price. Been there. They are hard to sell, unless you are in the loop of that particular competition. You can also try Gunbroker.com and see what happens. As far as the future and what it holds, and the deep doo-doo that may be comming, you may be better off with the model 27.

Off topic, but does anyone know where a stock for a Ithaca Deerslayer can be found??

Don't see too many Deer Slayers anymore. Try Gunbroker.com maybe. There are quite a few older 37 Police Guns around as surplus from Police Depts. But the original Deer Slayers are tough to find.

I think that's a great deal! Do a google search and you'll see new/like new going $3500 - $4000+. $1600 would be a good trade value. If you find the right person and depending on the condition I'd think you could get around $2000+ for it. You didn't get hurt!

Sounds like a good deal to me.I see your from Ohio. You probally could sold it for a profit at the Ohio state shoot this week. Take a ride to Jaquas fine guns in Findlay Ohio, they will give a good trade if thats what your looking for. They sell or can get anything you need and have a great stock of high end guns.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back