It is about us!

Thevirginian

I just read for the first time "What Is A Vietnam Vet"? Admittedly, it does bring about the tears. But then lots of memories do! Frequently I read the "Declaration of Independence". Most often, I follow that with another quick review of our "Constituition". I say ours because somewhere in the space of our minds those two documents were a part of why we joined up! Perhaps we didn't openly state that out loud for other humans to hear, but it did become a part of us.
In todays turmoil many of us look around and see the erosion of our rights. And yes I'm sure there is more to come. In our minds we are preparing for the worst. Perhaps in actuality, we are getting ready, buying ammo, getting our guns out, and becoming more alert! Now is the time for us to become intimately familiar with those two precious documents. Now more than ever!!! I never want to forget that when our founding fathers penned those documents, not only was it written by them, and about them, it was also about us. When you read the reasons for those men to break off all bonds with their country, many of those same reasons are abound today. Perhaps not exactly word for word, but surely, principle for principle!
I salute every one of you! There is no better body of mankind to be associated with, than VETERANS. We have so much in common, yet so many differences. But there is a bond there. A non veteran can never understand that bond. We can rag on each other till the cows come home, call each names like squid, jarhead and doggie. But more than likely we don' allow non vets the privilege of joining in on that banter. When others start getting critical of one service, our hackles get up and we speak out against those who are critical. More often than not, the civilians that legislate and aggravate the military don't have a clue as to who we really are, but when the SHTF they will surely come knocking!
The Virginian

it's about us

I just read for the first time "What Is A Vietnam Vet"? Admittedly, it does bring about the tears. But then lots of memories do! Frequently I read the "Declaration of Independence". Most often, I follow that with another quick review of our "Constituition". I say ours because somewhere in the space of our minds those two documents were a part of why we joined up! Perhaps we didn't openly state that out loud for other humans to hear, but it did become a part of us.
In todays turmoil many of us look around and see the erosion of our rights. And yes I'm sure there is more to come. In our minds we are preparing for the worst. Perhaps in actuality, we are getting ready, buying ammo, getting our guns out, and becoming more alert! Now is the time for us to become intimately familiar with those two precious documents. Now more than ever!!! I never want to forget that when our founding fathers penned those documents, not only was it written by them, and about them, it was also about us. When you read the reasons for those men to break off all bonds with their country, many of those same reasons are abound today. Perhaps not exactly word for word, but surely, principle for principle!
I salute every one of you! There is no better body of mankind to be associated with, than VETERANS. We have so much in common, yet so many differences. But there is a bond there. A non veteran can never understand that bond. We can rag on each other till the cows come home, call each names like squid, jarhead and doggie. But more than likely we don' allow non vets the privilege of joining in on that banter. When others start getting critical of one service, our hackles get up and we speak out against those who are critical. More often than not, the civilians that legislate and aggravate the military don't have a clue as to who we really are, but when the SHTF they will surely come knocking!
The Virginian
verry well stated sir, i've got your back!:pleasantry:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back