It can happen to anyone

nogods

Just because you have never caused a car accident doesn't mean you never will.

The same is true of gun accidents. Every firearm is loaded. I don't care how many times you think you checked it. When you touch it, treat it as if it is loaded, even if you "know" it is not.

Link Removed

As former Louisiana chapter president of Safari Club International, a member of the Louisiana Wildlife Federation and a national board member of Ducks Unlimited Inc., Edward "E.J." Deubler of Harvey impressed friends as one of the most active hunters in the state -- and one of the most safety-conscious.

But on Monday as Deubler prepared to fly out of Louis Armstrong International Airport for his next safari, he accidentally fired his hunting rifle while trying to check the gun with his baggage, injuring a United Airlines ticket agent.

More here:

Link Removed

Complacency is the Mother of all F ups! This is just another example of it. Unfortunately, it'll be more fodder for the Anti's.

Screw the anti's - let's use it for what it is worth - a reminder for all of us that when we pull a trigger, or even put out finger into a trigger guard, we damn well better assume that the firearm is loaded and ready to fire.

Screw the anti's - let's use it for what it is worth - a reminder for all of us that when we pull a trigger, or even put out finger into a trigger guard, we damn well better assume that the firearm is loaded and ready to fire.

Well said, and this is just plain and simple, safety common sense

Luckily, it was only an injury and not worse. Hopefully he learns to be more diligent about his safety, and not let complacency lull him into a false sense of security.

Hey, if the VP of the US can have an "accident", anyone can.... right?

This cat might have been the High Poobah of Hunters in his neck of the woods and the VP might be of the Elected Nobility class..... but in my book they are both dummies, unsafe and bear watching as potential "accidents" waiting to happen (again).

There are things you can have accidents with and no big deal. There are others...... Well, you can only be dead once. (Not to mention your potential accidental victim.)

Be safe..... There IS no alternative.

GG

P.S. The proceeding was a society saving announcement. Remember, the life I save might be my own. :biggrin:

Why did he have a loaded gun in an airport? Did he forget to check it?
Very irresponsible on his part
Bad for gun owner image for every gun owner
I guess any group of people has their share of idiots and this guy could be a poster boy

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back