It arrived!

Ryan H

Woohoo! My Florida CWL arrived in the mail today, it took 28 business days. I actually called this morning to check the status, the guy told me it was issued and mailed yesterday. That was pretty fast!

Just in time as well, as Spring Break is here with lots of drunk, disorderly people hanging around everywhere.

congrats! im playing the waitinh game on my permit to get here now. could be til april tho. :boos:

Congrat! Always good to see another Floridian taking responsiblity for their own saftey! Glad to see you got it and I hope you never have to use it!

Now it's time to go to wally world and get your legs wet! lol Let us know how your first outing goes!

I went to the store for some smokes and soda to celebrate... Apparently I need one of those gun/dress belts people talk about, because my little Kahr P40 is dragging my pants down and it's a pretty light pistol...

Congrats. Mine took 8 weeks. There were 2 holidays in there. Aparently the State of ky is closed the weeks of Christman and New Year.

Congrats. Mine took 8 weeks. There were 2 holidays in there. Aparently the State of ky is closed the weeks of Christman and New Year.

Whoa... My Ky CCDW took 14 days. It wasn't the holidays, but sheesh! That must have been one heck of a Christmas party.

Who did you call about your status? Dept. of Agg. I assume. Did they tell you anything about when your permit would come or where you were at?

And congrats!

Who did you call about your status? Dept. of Agg. I assume. Did they tell you anything about when your permit would come or where you were at?

And congrats!

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/contacts/faq.html#Q2 said:
If you have applied for a concealed weapon or firearm license, you can check the status of your application by calling our Public Inquiry Section at (850) 245-5691.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I dug up an old belt of mine that works good, it has two pins/holes and is rather thick.

Congrats to you on securing your FL CCP. I think most of us can relate to that waiting game. Oh, the anticipation! :icon_rolleyes: I think I looked every day when the mail came, including the day I mailed off my application!

Congrats! Check out the Acker dress belt. I have had mine for over a year now and no problems. Very reasonably priced as well. They are not extremely thick like many gun belts, but have a reinforcement in them.

Link Removed

Congrats! I'm about to take my class here soon so my friend and I are about to get our fingerprints done electronically so my question is...

Did you go the same route or did you do traditional fingerprinting?

I was told that electronic fingerprinting would make the permit come in sooner.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I did them electronically, its supposed to speed up the processing time and it only cost me $36 rather than the ~$48 or so the ink processing would have cost. You have to pay for the prints online at home with a credit card and you have to print out the receipt to mail in with your application. Once you have the receipt for the prints, attach it to the card you get at the Sheriff's station. You still get a fingerprint card to send in as well, only your fingerprints are printed onto it in a printer rather than directly inked on with your fingers.

Alright, I think that's pretty clear, other than saying "print" like 40 times in that paragraph. If you have any other questions I'd be glad to help. :)

My FL permit came in just under 60 days. They said it could take up to 90, but I'm still glad. It takes FL less time to issue a CCW permit to a non-resident than it takes the average police department in New Jersey to issue a purchase permit (here you need a separate permit to purchase each handgun you intend to buy. Good luck getting one in less than 4 months).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back