It Appears There is Not Much Interest in 2 Amendment Rights in Wisconsin

SR9

Wow, I was looking thru some of the state sites on the forum and noticed little to no interest shown in Wisconsin. Show me it isn't so. There has got to be a few Conservatives up there.

I know people that live there. I believe they're just complacent and don't think anything bad can happen there. Lots of hunters that don't figure any laws passed will affect them.

We're all out shooting! Shot a Steel Match yesterday, sporting clays today. Lots of hunters and Gun Clubs throughout the state. There are IDPA, USPSA, 3-Gun, Cowboy Action, Sporting Clays/Trap/Skeet meets all over the state every weekend during the warmer seasons of the year. Many indoor meets at other times. I mention this not because I think the 2nd Amendment requires a sporting-use defense (it doesn't), but only to point out that there are a lot of gun owners throughout the state who utilize firearms on a very regular basis. Anti-gun laws have a fairly steep hill to climb here. Overall, Wisconsin does not present a hostile environment towards keeping and bearing firearms. Open carry is not unlawful and requires no license. The conceal carry license process is not unduly proscriptive; if you are not a felon or have documented/adjudicated mental/psych issues, or strings of DUIs, etc., it will not be difficult or horrendously expensive for you to get a CC license. Generally, outside of Milwaukee and Madison, there is a reasonable distribution of people with more conservative views, and a respect for the notion of citizens with firearms in Wisconsin. The [il]liberal bastions (and most of their respective appointed law enforcement leadership) are of course reflexively (rabidly?) anti-gun just like they are everywhere else, but they have not taken over the state. We have a Republican conservative governor and state house (at the moment...). Note that vocally pro 2A Sheriff David Clarke won reelection recently even in Milwaukee county despite the best efforts of Bloomie & others. Obviously not all is perfect...not entirely as I might like to see it, much I would like to see changed...political vigilance and work always required, but you can find much worse than Wisconsin in many areas around the country.

Hope your right Peggy. I have a son, daughter, 2 grandsons and a great grandson living in Wisconsin. They all have guns (except the G/G son, he 2).

Well first. I do not live by the law off man or by some piece of paper written by tyrants who's intentions were to control and regulate a nation they already destroyed 300 years ago. I live by God's natural right to protect myself and my family. I do not discuss politics because its all acting and puppeteering. Those people on TV are not the problems, they work for the wealthy elite who are problems.

That being said ... What I have noticed is that Wisconsin is an open carry state, yet I rarely see anyone openly armed. I moved here recently and with it being a rather cold state, people are always wearing coats. I am armed. I have a conceal carry permit according to the (buy your freedom) laws of the land. However, I am unsure of what sort of reaction I would encourage by walking into places here with my firearm unconcealed. Even places I have been in regularly. I walk the dog each day to go get kids off the school bus and I expect some one would have a panic attack and call the police ... so if I am not wearing a coat, it goes under my shirt.

I wonder if there are in fact any areas of the state where people are openly armed and its not an issue in the general population.

Well first. I do not live by the law off man or by some piece of paper written by tyrants who's intentions were to control and regulate a nation they already destroyed 300 years ago. I live by God's natural right to protect myself and my family. I do not discuss politics because its all acting and puppeteering. Those people on TV are not the problems, they work for the wealthy elite who are problems.

That being said ... What I have noticed is that Wisconsin is an open carry state, yet I rarely see anyone openly armed. I moved here recently and with it being a rather cold state, people are always wearing coats. I am armed. I have a conceal carry permit according to the (buy your freedom) laws of the land. However, I am unsure of what sort of reaction I would encourage by walking into places here with my firearm unconcealed. Even places I have been in regularly. I walk the dog each day to go get kids off the school bus and I expect some one would have a panic attack and call the police ... so if I am not wearing a coat, it goes under my shirt.

I wonder if there are in fact any areas of the state where people are openly armed and its not an issue in the general population.

Perhaps there are more people that see c/c as the best option for them versus those that see o/c as the best option.
You could be surrounded by armed citizens and never know it...

Well first. I do not live by the law off man or by some piece of paper written by tyrants who's intentions were to control and regulate a nation they already destroyed 300 years ago. I live by God's natural right to protect myself and my family.

What a load of crap, to wit:

I have a conceal carry permit according to the (buy your freedom) laws of the land. However, I am unsure of what sort of reaction I would encourage by walking into places here with my firearm unconcealed. Even places I have been in regularly. I walk the dog each day to go get kids off the school bus and I expect some one would have a panic attack and call the police ... so if I am not wearing a coat, it goes under my shirt.

If you are going to write fiction, like your first three sentence fragments, at least stick to your story with some consistency the way Wild Dog does.

What a load of crap, to wit:

If you are going to write fiction, like your first three sentence fragments, at least stick to your story with some consistency the way Wild Dog does.

I wouldn't have one at all if I didn't have to worry about the pig patrol. They, after all work for the criminals or are the criminals who keep the streets being dangerous ...

I wouldn't have one at all if I didn't have to worry about the pig patrol. They, after all work for the criminals or are the criminals who keep the streets being dangerous ...

"Moran" and "moron" are only one letter removed from each other.
Hmmm...

I spent 2 weeks in southeastern WI a while back and saw people open carrying almost everyday. It was in the spring, warm enough that a coat wasn't needed.

I spent 2 weeks in southeastern WI a while back and saw people open carrying almost everyday. It was in the spring, warm enough that a coat wasn't needed.
No you didn't, I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of your lies and half-truths. No one open carries in WI, I recently had a little chat with the man who runs the state, and I'm not talking the governor, who confirmed the lack of OC. Apparently that state is full of sheep lulled into a sense of false security, blissfully unaware of the wolves.

No you didn't, I'm starting to get a little sick and tired of your lies and half-truths. No one open carries in WI, I recently had a little chat with the man who runs the state, and I'm not talking the governor, who confirmed the lack of OC. Apparently that state is full of sheep lulled into a sense of false security, blissfully unaware of the wolves.

Even if you strongly believe the point you are trying to make, stuff like this paints a picture in my mind's eye of a 13 y.o. in a Star Wars shirt sitting with his laptop and a bag of Doritos, typing feverishly away.

C'mon, you claim to be an adult who carries a gun. Can't you do better than that last post?

Two open-carry backers lead to Germantown police response

WI Police Officer Harasses Open Carry Activists Demands They Leave the City | Cop Block

GUN WATCH: WI:Open Carry Has Become Acceptable in Milwaukee

GUN WATCH: WI: Open Carry at Immanuel Baptist Church

Mad Pup, recommend you go to Eagle Lake Range and talk with the folks there and see how many O/C daily. I have a son and his wife, 2 grandsons and their wives, and all carry open except my son who has a C/C permit. You need to wake up and smell the Gerber kiddie breakfast. You have no respect here Dirt Bag.

Even if you strongly believe the point you are trying to make, stuff like this paints a picture in my mind's eye of a 13 y.o. in a Star Wars shirt sitting with his laptop and a bag of Doritos, typing feverishly away.

C'mon, you claim to be an adult who carries a gun. Can't you do better than that last post?

Two open-carry backers lead to Germantown police response

WI Police Officer Harasses Open Carry Activists Demands They Leave the City | Cop Block

GUN WATCH: WI:Open Carry Has Become Acceptable in Milwaukee

GUN WATCH: WI: Open Carry at Immanuel Baptist Church

Your assessment of me falls short, save for the star wars t-shirt. I'm a big Chewbacca fan, he gets the job done without the glory, medals, and punani the others get. As for your headlines, lies made up by the true forces who run WI.

Mad Pup, recommend you go to Eagle Lake Range and talk with the folks there and see how many O/C daily. I have a son and his wife, 2 grandsons and their wives, and all carry open except my son who has a C/C permit. You need to wake up and smell the Gerber kiddie breakfast. You have no respect here Dirt Bag.

You know nothing of respect, battle, and gun play. The people of WI don't OC, how many times do I have to tell you, even though they should. I once had a run-in with the legendary Wendigo in WI, so I understand the need to OC there. But the people there choose not to, so to each their own.

Your assessment of me falls short, save for the star wars t-shirt. I'm a big Chewbacca fan, he gets the job done without the glory, medals, and punani the others get. As for your headlines, lies made up by the true forces who run WI.

You said you "had a little chat with the man who runs the state, and I'm not talking the governor, who confirmed the lack of OC.

Then, you state "lies made up by the true forces who run WI.
If the man who runs the state is a liar, then he lies about no one open carrying, which means all owners open carry.

Methinks you got tripped up by your own Benji vortex.

"Tell the truth, and you don't need a good memory".

Maybe you go to the Democrat strongholds in WI. and they don't carry. But I'm telling you I was there in May last year, for 2 weeks, and where ever we went the group I was with open carried and there was nothing said about it. I, myself, concealed carried because I have multiple state carry permits and carry everyday as a normal thing. So if you say nobody open carries in Wisconsin, you are proving yourself to be more of an Idiot that I thought.

Our country is not a unified nation, but a collection of 50 separate empires each run by an emperor. Each states culture, norms, and traditions are decided before hand and forced upon others. A lack of OC is what has been forced onto WI. Drugged water, hologram technology, and hypnotic suggestion may make you think you see people OCing there but in reality they are not. A four year undercover stint on my part uncovered the truth. Either believe what I have to tell you or don't, it makes no difference to me.

This is getting entertaining, for sure.

You went undercover to determine whether people were open-carrying or not?
Did you wear an invisibility cloak, or did you dress as a non-human so no one would know you were stealthily checking them for fully visible guns?

I didn't go undercover to monitor OC, I did it to take down the Cabal that really runs this country. Using the alias "Mild Dawg" I got close, real close. But in the end it was too big and powerful for me to defeat.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back