ISP sent me a letter .....hmmmm

rex362

I applied back in May and everything in order ,yesterday I received a letter which basically says ....

"in reviewing your application for a CCL ,the ISP received an objection to your eligibility from a
law enforcement agency .The objection has been submitted to the CCL review board ,the board
shall issue a decision within 30 days "

I am losing sleep over this wondering what,why ...I am clean I never been arrested or anything
haven't had a speeding ticket in 25 years hmmmmm what to do ? just wait ??

and yes I reside in Chicago ...

Have you been prescribed anti depression medications - ever? After all, it's not like illegally sharing private medical information would stop Illinois from using it to forward their anti agenda.

Have you been prescribed anti depression medications - ever? After all, it's not like illegally sharing private medical information would stop Illinois from using it to forward their anti agenda.

no never ....but I might if I get denied :sarcastic:

makes sense ....

I imagine they will tell me exactly the reason if I get denied ...correct ??

The law requires them to....doesn't mean they will, though.

430 ILCS 66/  Firearm Concealed Carry Act.

(430 ILCS 66/10)
Sec. 10. Issuance of licenses to carry a concealed firearm.
(f) The Department shall deny the applicant a license if the applicant fails to meet the requirements under this Act or the Department receives a determination from the Board that the applicant is ineligible for a license. The Department must notify the applicant stating the grounds for the denial. The notice of denial must inform the applicant of his or her right to an appeal through administrative and judicial review.

You are in Chicago so if you spit on the sidewalk once, that could be the reason. Just kidding, but you have to realize that the Chicago Machine does not want people to even own guns! Let alone to legally Conceal Carry one!

I hope you get your permit! Try to be patient about this and don't panic yet. Please let us know when you get either your permit or letter of denial.

I was born and raised in Southern IL and moved to work in the Chicago area years ago. So I know something of the corruption in IL!

Could be an issue with your name being the same or similar to a legitimate suspicious person. If that is the case it should clear itself up with a more detailed review.

Or get out of Illinois before they really start strangling the very rights out of you. Look at all the illegals crossing our borders...they aren't crossing because their own countries treat them with respect and dignity. You folks gotta figure a way to let the thugs in Chicago wither on the vine. Look what the French did in WW2. After France was liberated they went back and began a "new" France. Well some will say we can't just leave, am I some kind of idiot you ask. No, I live in Virginia, a shall issue state. No fingerprints, no secret hearings, no ccw classes that last a day or 2, a 50 dollar fee and 3 weeks later a ccw permit. Let the Chicago machine plug up the crapper and then you can go back with the rotor rooter man and clean it out. May take time but do it for the future generations if nothing else. What have you got to loose...another denial letter?

look at this poor guy ....I might be premature about this but I might as well start seeking an attorney .....

Flood of lawsuits over concealed carry denials - Chicago Tribune

Looks like the state of IL is working a scam to get a lot of money from people looking to get their CC permit, going through all the BS just to apply for it, then denying them for some secret, behind closed doors reason that they won't tell You why or any reason it was denied. Then making You go to court to get a judge to make them tell You why so You can appeal the decision. Glad I DON'T live in a bass awkward state like IL!

rex362,

If you aren't already on IllinoisCarry.com, I strongly urge you to visit. There are several threads on this topic and the forum moderators/IllinoisCarry leadership are following each issue closely. Several lawyers are also engaged in the discussions (including one whose cases were mentioned in the article).

I hope everyone getting denied by ISP unfairly gets a chance to kick each of the officers' asses involved in this police scam. Oh, wait a minute. The officers will be the ones kicking asses, even if found guilty. If found guilty, promotions all 'round.

rex362,

If you aren't already on IllinoisCarry.com, I strongly urge you to visit. There are several threads on this topic and the forum moderators/IllinoisCarry leadership are following each issue closely. Several lawyers are also engaged in the discussions (including one whose cases were mentioned in the article).

thanks much for that info

Drugs like Welbutrin are used for depression but serve well as a quit smoking aid. Anything like that in your past? Good luck, keep us posted.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back