isn't NC now honoring ALL CCW permits?

jg1967

I think there was a recent change but I don't see that reflected in the maps yet?

nc ccw

NC honors most states CCW permits. But beware ...you are required to inform any officer that you have a permit when approached at any time. Also, weapons carry is not allowed at most public gatherings!! Apparently law enforcement officers are not too happy with the reciprocity. I just tell them that I have a CCW permit because officers are too heavy to carry!!!

the last i heard NC recognizes all states with CC permits .. they just passed the "Castle Doctrine" which goes into effect December 1, 2011 .. also if asked for ID by a LEO you must inform them of your CCW .. they usually just let it go and don't hassle you about it if your carrying ..

SB

House Bill 650 goes into effect December 1. It recognizes all states that have CCW licenses. Until then, NC recognizes those states that recognize the NC license.

Here's the language:

Link Removed

Scroll down to III C. Concealed Handgun Permit, where it reads (second paragraph):

"North Carolina also allows out-of-state concealed handgun permittees to carry concealed handguns, pursuant to such permits, in North Carolina."

This is HUGE. And I haven't seen it reported elsewhere...NRA, USA Carry, etc. The revised December 2011 North Carolina Firearms Laws do away with the reciprocity requirement that was still in the September 2010 revision.

So, as I read it, on Dec. 1, 2011 I can conceal carry in North Carolina with my Massachusetts CC permit (No restrictions, large capacity) as long as I comply with North Carolina's CC laws.

Newcomer here.
Bucky

Tonights gun bill?

If the new bill passes, your permit from out-of-state will not be honored if you are ineligible for a permit in NC.

"People who are unable to get a permit in their home state would not be able to carry a concealed weapon in their home state by getting a permit in another state."

Guess I'd have to go to VA and trade my NC driver license for a VA driver license and then be a virginia resident living in NC. Then I'm all legal again! Doesn't that make perfect sense?

If the new bill passes, your permit from out-of-state will not be honored if you are ineligible for a permit in NC.

"People who are unable to get a permit in their home state would not be able to carry a concealed weapon in their home state by getting a permit in another state."

Guess I'd have to go to VA and trade my NC driver license for a VA driver license and then be a virginia resident living in NC. Then I'm all legal again! Doesn't that make perfect sense?

Wait a minute, when did that happen???

H.R. 822 just passed, so now yur allowed to carry in all 49 states. I know Illinois is a State too, but nobody can carry there. D.C. is still no carry, but what would you expect from a district that is ripe with politicians?

Speedbump:243907 said:
H.R. 822 just passed, so now yur allowed to carry in all 49 states. I know Illinois is a State too, but nobody can carry there. D.C. is still no carry, but what would you expect from a district that is ripe with politicians?
HR 822 passed the House vote yesterday, its not Law yet. It still has to pass the Senate vote & be signed by the Pres, then & only then will it be considered "passed" & law. Please dont misinform people.

granted I haven't read the law, but the way it was explained is that if you have CHP then you can carry in EVERY state and DC. So that is not true?

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back