Is this legal?

In Missouri, the sign really only indicates the building occupants desire that no weapons come in. If noticed, you may be told to leave and you may return w/o your weapon. If you don't follow this instruction, you're trespassing. The local Social Security office had an illegal sign posted on their door. When I went in (left my pistol in the car) with an empty holster, the guard got all fuzzed up. I informed him of the nonstandard signage and suggested if he intended to enforce it, he'd better get a legal notice posted. He was still hyped so I got my phone out and started taking pics of the sign. Next time I had to go to SS office, there was a proper sign and a different guard. Funny how the SS office needs an armed guard at the door.

I went to pay my cable bill the other day and I looked on the front of glass and door to see if it had a sign on it to not allow conceal weapons. It did not, so I went in I was waiting in line to pay bill and to my surprise on the wall inside the building, it had no concealable weapons. Boy was I surprised and had to go outside to car and disarm. Can this be upheld by law enforcement if I was caught with a weapon?

As others have said it cannot. The signs have to be on every entrance of the building, between 40 and 60 inches from the floor/ground, and a particular design that is VERY specific.

One thing to be careful of though is that quite often the non-standard signs are on places where you can't carry legally anyway (medical offices, banks, bars, etc). I don't think the local cable provider is on that list.

BTW - Central, SC? I'm just down the road in Seneca.

As others have said it cannot. The signs have to be on every entrance of the building, between 40 and 60 inches from the floor/ground, and a particular design that is VERY specific.

One thing to be careful of though is that quite often the non-standard signs are on places where you can't carry legally anyway (medical offices, banks, bars, etc). I don't think the local cable provider is on that list.

BTW - Central, SC? I'm just down the road in Seneca.

Banks are also not on the list in SC. No problem carrying concealed in a bank. Any signs that are not code are meant for bad guys, not sheepdogs.

I lived in Seneca on Return Church road when we were at Clemson. Paradise!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back