Is The Problem Government, Or Is The Problem People Helping People? You Decide

BluesStringer

Les Brers
I see the problem here as clear as a bell. This is San Antonio, TX on either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, when it was 25º outside at the time, with an expected low of 15º once the sun went down. The YouTube Channel is "SAEXTACYPREZ," or "Todd" as people who watch his channel know him. He correctly identifies himself as a "police accountability activist." Most of his videos focus on the cops he video-records. In this one, he doesn't say a word to the cop, and simply focuses on the task at hand on behalf of three other human beings.

Instead of saying "Enjoy" like I usually do when I post a video, I'm just gonna implore viewers to recognize and learn the truth that is on display here for everybody to benefit from.

This is only tangentially an "LEO Encounter." It is mostly a human being to human being encounter. Strange stuff, eh?

I see the problem here as clear as a bell. This is San Antonio, TX on either New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, when it was 25º outside at the time, with an expected low of 15º once the sun went down. The YouTube Channel is "SAEXTACYPREZ," or "Todd" as people who watch his channel know him. He correctly identifies himself as a "police accountability activist." Most of his videos focus on the cops he video-records. In this one, he doesn't say a word to the cop, and simply focuses on the task at hand on behalf of three other human beings.

Instead of saying "Enjoy" like I usually do when I post a video, I'm just gonna implore viewers to recognize and learn the truth that is on display here for everybody to benefit from.

This is only tangentially an "LEO Encounter." It is mostly a human being to human being encounter. Strange stuff, eh?

That person filming did a great job. It would have been easy to give in to his baser instincts and he did not. What he did do was let others see through his lens, treated those people with respect, and helped out in the way that he could. Holding others accountable means holding yourself accountable. He revealed the ugliness and didn't have to distinguish himself beyond what he does/did. I subscribed to his page.

That person filming did a great job. It would have been easy to give in to his baser instincts and he did not. What he did do was let others see through his lens, treated those people with respect, and helped out in the way that he could. Holding others accountable means holding yourself accountable. He revealed the ugliness and didn't have to distinguish himself beyond what he does/did. I subscribed to his page.

I think I mentioned to you one time before that there is a growing community of videographers who do 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendment "audits" all across the country. Todd is one of them. There are actually quite a few out of TX, and Todd is one of at least four that I can think of off the top of my head who are based in San Antonio. In a couple of weeks (Jan. 17th or 18th, can't recall right now), Todd will join somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 other citizen journalists/activists in Torrance, CA to show support for one of the first police accountability videographers, POETIC, who got arrested and had his cameras and memory cards stolen from him while he was doing absolutely nothing wrong. LA Sheriff's Department covers the unincorporated areas surrounding Torrance, and the psycho who arrested POETIC (Deputy Walker) is assigned there. Most of the activists have already been out there for his first court appearance, but about twice as many are expected for this upcoming one. I'm sure TX cops are counting the minutes. Todd, News Now Houston, The Battousai, southside slacker and a bunch more give the cops fits down there in TX. But you're right - Todd did the right thing here by not confronting this heartless goon. We all pay for our transgressions in the end. He'll not be immune.

Blues

I think I mentioned to you one time before that there is a growing community of videographers who do 1st, 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendment "audits" all across the country. Todd is one of them. There are actually quite a few out of TX, and Todd is one of at least four that I can think of off the top of my head who are based in San Antonio. In a couple of weeks (Jan. 17th or 18th, can't recall right now), Todd will join somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 other citizen journalists/activists in Torrance, CA to show support for one of the first police accountability videographers, POETIC, who got arrested and had his cameras and memory cards stolen from him while he was doing absolutely nothing wrong. LA Sheriff's Department covers the unincorporated areas surrounding Torrance, and the psycho who arrested POETIC (Deputy Walker) is assigned there. Most of the activists have already been out there for his first court appearance, but about twice as many are expected for this upcoming one. I'm sure TX cops are counting the minutes. Todd, News Now Houston, The Battousai, southside slacker and a bunch more give the cops fits down there in TX. But you're right - Todd did the right thing here by not confronting this heartless goon. We all pay for our transgressions in the end. He'll not be immune.

Blues
As I remember it, the location was Portland Oregon and the guys videotaping were just standing across the street from a police station. I think the police came outside and started questioning whether the sidewalk was public property for them to loiter while filming?

I actually sent that to a nephew who is a cop and he just laughed because he said they are way too busy to ever leave the station to do anything but respond to a citizens call for assistance or for an actual threat. They have a juvy curfew in his town, he knows most of the kids, and when he sees them after curfew he gives them a ride home. A lot of kids from tough homes and with no dads' at home. Probably not a poster child for a LEO bad egg but he's got a wife and two kids and wants them to see the police as the good guys and not someone to run from.

I watched the video "explaining private Ryan" from the link. It's just embarrassing to see an officer talking in circles like that and then his saying "I gave him a chance to leave", smh. I have seen that on too many occasions to mention here. I have as much right to a public parcel or sidewalk as they do. The only criticism I have for the videographer is that the tape is too much editing for effect. I think a straight no edit would be as impactful, and edited with music overlay is entertaining but it loses some of the impact that raw footage brings.

I likely would never need police assistance to protect me or my family at my home or at my friends or my family's homes. Would I call them if someone were on my property or breaking and entering? Yes, but as long as a perp stayed outside my abode then he'd stay alive long enough to get picked up. He's actually the one being protected in that case.

As I remember it, the location was Portland Oregon and the guys videotaping were just standing across the street from a police station. I think the police came outside and started questioning whether the sidewalk was public property for them to loiter while filming?

I actually sent that to a nephew who is a cop and he just laughed because he said they are way too busy to ever leave the station to do anything but respond to a citizens call for assistance or for an actual threat. They have a juvy curfew in his town, he knows most of the kids, and when he sees them after curfew he gives them a ride home. A lot of kids from tough homes and with no dads' at home. Probably not a poster child for a LEO bad egg but he's got a wife and two kids and wants them to see the police as the good guys and not someone to run from.

I watched the video "explaining private Ryan" from the link. It's just embarrassing to see an officer talking in circles like that and then his saying "I gave him a chance to leave", smh. I have seen that on too many occasions to mention here. I have as much right to a public parcel or sidewalk as they do. The only criticism I have for the videographer is that the tape is too much editing for effect. I think a straight no edit would be as impactful, and edited with music overlay is entertaining but it loses some of the impact that raw footage brings.

I likely would never need police assistance to protect me or my family at my home or at my friends or my family's homes. Would I call them if someone were on my property or breaking and entering? Yes, but as long as a perp stayed outside my abode then he'd stay alive long enough to get picked up. He's actually the one being protected in that case.

I didn't check, but I don't think the Ryan video to which you refer is a POETIC-produced video. Pretty sure that came from Tom Zebra, who does edit and comment a lot, but who is also POETIC's #1 apprentice. Both have been doing police accountability recordings for well over 20 years. Zebra has developed his own "style," which is not really consistent with "audits" at all. He simply records cops whenever and wherever he sees them interacting with the public, whether in "official" ways or otherwise.

Some of them I can't watch/listen to very often. I happen to enjoy Zebra's style, but I can see why others might not. I don't criticize them on specific annoyances, I just either choose to watch/listen, or I don't. At the bottom line, every one of them are putting their asses on the line to improve government's adherence to our constitutional rights. I have no criticism of that. In fact, I have only gratitude, whether or not an individual videographer is particularly my cup o' tea.

I made a commitment to myself that I would never call the cops again. It's a personal protest that will never be meaningful in any way, sorta like not voting, but I can honestly say that of the times I have called the cops for various reasons, it never, not once, helped the situation I called them about. So I wouldn't call 'em even if a small army was trying to break into my place. I do, however, have a surprise or four or five for members of that small army. I'll win if the small army doesn't wear badges. I'll die if they do, but the first wave of theirs will live to regret being the first ones to try getting in. Don't worry - I'm not talking Claymores or anything like that. Everything I'm talking about can be found on YouTube or other highly-public and visible sites where DIY instructions on almost anything are readily available. 90% of the fun is in building and testing. ;-)~

Blues

I didn't check, but I don't think the Ryan video to which you refer is a POETIC-produced video. Pretty sure that came from Tom Zebra, who does edit and comment a lot, but who is also POETIC's #1 apprentice. Both have been doing police accountability recordings for well over 20 years. Zebra has developed his own "style," which is not really consistent with "audits" at all. He simply records cops whenever and wherever he sees them interacting with the public, whether in "official" ways or otherwise.

Some of them I can't watch/listen to very often. I happen to enjoy Zebra's style, but I can see why others might not. I don't criticize them on specific annoyances, I just either choose to watch/listen, or I don't. At the bottom line, every one of them are putting their asses on the line to improve government's adherence to our constitutional rights. I have no criticism of that. In fact, I have only gratitude, whether or not an individual videographer is particularly my cup o' tea.

I made a commitment to myself that I would never call the cops again. It's a personal protest that will never be meaningful in any way, sorta like not voting, but I can honestly say that of the times I have called the cops for various reasons, it never, not once, helped the situation I called them about. So I wouldn't call 'em even if a small army was trying to break into my place. I do, however, have a surprise or four or five for members of that small army. I'll win if the small army doesn't wear badges. I'll die if they do, but the first wave of theirs will live to regret being the first ones to try getting in. Don't worry - I'm not talking Claymores or anything like that. Everything I'm talking about can be found on YouTube or other highly-public and visible sites where DIY instructions on almost anything are readily available. 90% of the fun is in building and testing. ;-)~

Blues
I see the reasons for having such accountability pursuits. In some towns and cities the police obviously have issues and I just wish that endeavor would spread to local politics where we are. Our local pols are out of control and even videotape doesn't stop the complete disregard of our taxpayers. I'm not talking state or county either, I'm talking town.

I think those videos were South Central if I were to look further. I have a story about being pulled over on the SD freeway through LA that I'll hold onto for now. I got treated like I was in a MC for being on a HD and possession of a beard (2 years after retirement) and it was eye opening. I thought i was going to jail for "an unsafe lane change". The videos are enlightening for a lot of reasons and I hate when the indigent and homeless get hassled on public property if they're not harming or harassing anyone.

My alarm system is monitored for a few good reasons and we occasionally set it off by accident and depending on timing, the police come out. They've always been completely hands off, just checking in to see if all is well, and a couple of times it was a fellow gun club member. We don't have a ton of crime but the adjoining county does so they are keen on out of town folks but more or less leave the taxpayers alone.

My experiences aren't really representative of what a citizen, by act or circumstance, would probably be exposed to but I do feel vulnerable if a cop were to "light me up" thinking I had done something wrong or were somebody else. I CC the majority of the time and am still worried we are all in some database and considered to be dirtbags because we exercise our 2A rights. Call me paranoid[emoji11]

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back