Is the .380 auto enough Gun?

Is the .380 auto in your opinion, enough gun?

• YES It's enough for me

Votes: 103 60.9%
  • NO It's not enough for me

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Not sure or No opinion...

Votes: 14 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah my mistake about linking the commonality of a round with the effective percentage.

Still, placement over size. Effectiveness is based on what you hit, not just that you hit something. 1 round to the CNS or heart is 100% effective, irregardless of caliber.

I still don't understand the basis behind this argument. It really all comes down to what you are willing to tote around with you and what caliber you can handle single handed

Ladies and Gentlemen, here is the bottom line. The firearm must be comfortable to carry and if used the
effective shot must hit a vital organ regardless of the caliber. Personally I feel that the 380 auto
is the smallest that could be effective if the proper shot placement is achieved.

An Apology

Let me apologize to all since it appears I did not make my post clear and understandable.
I was trying to say simply that the bigger the caliber the more assured the results, all things being equal. Yes, one MUST HIT the target, obviously. But it seems logical that better effect is acheived when hitting the target with a .45 than with a .380 (I am not saying here that a .380 wouldn't do the job).

And I think Ohio Pat and Cotillion may have summed it up better, in that no matter what you carry, know how to use it.

It depends on what your comfortable with and can shoot well and accurate. If you can shoot a .380 accurately it will be very effective. If you shoot someone in ticker or CNS (central nervous system), no matter what the caliber, they are going to the ground. Hope this helped.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back