Is the .380 auto enough Gun?

Is the .380 auto in your opinion, enough gun?

• YES It's enough for me

Votes: 103 60.9%
  • NO It's not enough for me

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Not sure or No opinion...

Votes: 14 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I think this looks like a great site,I am interested in getting my CCW.I have a Home in Jax Fl that I purchased in 2001,I retired in2004 after 40 yrs with the electric co in Wash.DC.Returned to work doing Safety/Quality Control with the same company in 2006.I left them to help a start up company get into SubStation construction,after 21 months and assisting in them winning a 2plus Million $ contract with my company they RIF'd me on the 13th Nov last!Funny How Things Work Out.Maybe it's time to get my old bones down to Fl.and shoot some of the stuff I have collected inthe last 5 decades!As I still have a house here in Md.I have not taken a Fl. permit to drive.I was told I needed a Fl. permit to get the CCW,can anyone comment on this?

A 380 is enough gun with proper shot placement, the smaller the gun the more critical shot placement is, and in a critical situation where you may have to use your weapon on a BG your generaly not going to have time to aim perfectly, a 9mm, 40, or 45, can get away with not dead on hits and still do a lot of damage, I carry a 45, ether glock 21SF, or Bersa pro compact, and a S&W 38 snubby in a ankle rig, my wife carrys a 709 Taurus 9mm and a Taurus 380 on ankle

I voted "no", but here's the full answer: I carry a .357 magnum about 90% of the time. I carry a LCP .380 mouse gun the rest of the time. Like to go on my porch and put out the flag in the morning while I'm still in my PJs before I strap on the hog leg. Or at the gym, a hog leg would not fit in my sweats.

MWD

For back up I carry a Sig P238 Equinox,it is very accurate and great in hot weather.
Yes , the 380 will get the BG with good shot placement.................
Link Removed

It's so easy to carry my Ruger LCP. I just think how much better it is in my pocket then not having anything at all. I agree though that size matters.:sarcastic:

I have a Kel-Tec .380 with Crimson Trace laser in a Crossbreed holster that is very easy to hide. And I use Hornady Critical Defense 90 gr FTX ammo.

I have other larger caliber guns but they aren't as easy to hide.

Yes a .44 spl and a .45 are more kill power but you still don't want people to know that you are armed.

I'd say yes to the question easily.

Been doing the job just fine since 1908.... A couple 9 mm shorts to COM and one the forehead.:hang3:

No.........a 380 is definatly not enough for a primary, but if its all you got or all you can carry for whatever circumstances, then it will have to do, just be sure its at least reliable, if its a new weapon run 2 or 3 box's of ammo thru it, I would say more but I know the 380 ammo is tough to find and when you do, you would think its gold plated:no:

Here are a couple ballistics test on the 380.

terminal 380 acp

Link Removed

For a long list of different test look at this.

Link Removed

We can set in front of our monitors all day and verbally masturbate about whether or not the .380 acp is a big enough round to use in our carry guns, but RedHat's ballistic tests say it all... The .380 is (in my opinion) more than enough to get the "job" done! :biggrin:

I have an XD 45 and an LCP. I carry the LCP everyday in a pocket holster because I can. I always remember the first rule in a gun fight... have a gun. I love my XD, but that is a lot of gun to carry around and keep concealed. I am saving up for either an LCR or SP101 with an ankle holster, but for now my .380 LCP works just fine, I know I wouldn't want to be shot with it :)

I agree that a well placed shot will make the difference and it is not always possible to carry a large or even medium framed gun, so at least you will be protected.

Probably, but I feel better with my Kahr PM9, which is only a little heavier and larger than say, an LCP.
I load my PM9 with 9 mm 124 grain +P Remington Golden Sabers.

well id take a few well placed shots with a .22 than i would with 6 shots from a .44 that miss. it just depends on wheather or not you feel comfortable with one. most guns will make a would be criminal think twice as to not having one. so long as you are armed you'll be in good hands! if it were up to me the law abiding public wouldnt require permits. but we all know that wont happen. :biggrin:

If I didn't believe it was enough I wouldn't carry it. I own two (Bersa and a Sig) which I have carried at various times, including all this weekend.

Well, you know what they say... better a well-placed shot from a .22 than a poorly placed shot from a .45. With that logic, yes, a .380 is enough gun. I personally prefer something with a little more "Mmfff" - like my XD40, but much better a .380 than nothing! ...or look at it this way - would YOU want to be shot with a .380? Me either...

I carry a .40 when it isn't practical to carry a .45. I would carry a .380 as a back up or when nothing larger was possible.

The .380 is enough gun if you practice and can hit your target in a critical area.Bullet placement is by far more important then the caliber of the bullet.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back