Is the .380 auto enough Gun?

Is the .380 auto in your opinion, enough gun?

• YES It's enough for me

Votes: 103 60.9%
  • NO It's not enough for me

Votes: 52 30.8%
  • Not sure or No opinion...

Votes: 14 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I prefer my 9mm, even it is a bit larger than a baby 380. Truth be known, I'd like to carry a 44 mag.

Ken

I prefer my 9mm, even it is a bit larger than a baby 380. Truth be known, I'd like to carry a 44 mag.

Ken

I carry either a .357 or a .45auto. I may get a 9mm or a .380 for the summer. Then I stop and think about the S&W M&P40 compact. Small size with 10+1 capacity and a better stopping round.

The other reason I was thinking .380 was for the wife. She can shoot, but I'm not sure she likes the buck of the .357 and she thinks the full frame M&P45 is a little too big and heavy.

So, more thought needed. Still not sure about the .380 though...

G23 .40 is about right if it has hot HP and a few ball to go through the sheet metal. Although I would not mix rounds in a mag.

It seems to me to be a trick question. If you are trying to scramble somebody's medula, its probably enough, If you're attacked by a Grizzly, it aint even close.....

It seems to me to be a trick question. If you are trying to scramble somebody's medula, its probably enough, If you're attacked by a Grizzly, it aint even close.....

Agreed+

Enough to stop a 2-legged animal?? In most cases, I believe the answer to be yes.

I am thinking about the .380 just for the rare occasions when I don't have enough clothes on to conceal my .40. I mean in FL it gets tough sometimes.

Look, I've read and heard a lot of comments pro vs con on the .380 acp, and I believe it entirely up to the individual. I personally own a Taurus PT738 in .380 acp and while not as big as the 9mm (9x17mm vs 9x19mm), the .380 acp JHP +P round is big enough believe me...:pleasantry:

Look, I've read and heard a lot of comments pro vs con on the .380 acp, and I believe it entirely up to the individual. I personally own a Taurus PT738 in .380 acp and while not as big as the 9mm (9x17mm vs 9x19mm), the .380 acp JHP +P round is big enough believe me...:pleasantry:

That's what I was looking for. People that have them and shoot them and feel that if they had to use one in self defense it would work for them... The ammo has come a long way just need to make sure the weapon can feed it...

Peace..

Well any time you start talking about anything smaller than .357 mag/S&W .40 shot placement is important (well more important) you need to start working head shots and maybe pelvic shots.

While my primary carry is a Glock 36, I also have a Ruger LCP if I just want something to carry in my pocket. I use PowR Ball ammo. Accuracy is excellent out to about 25 ft for me. I'm 100% confident in a .380 will get the job done if it's placed in the right spot.

Well any time you start talking about anything smaller than .357 mag/S&W .40 shot placement is important (well more important) you need to start working head shots and maybe pelvic shots.

That's why I'm still not 100% sold on the .380 as the right choice.

In most cases the site of the gun will cause the change of game plan required to remain in good health, but I'm not one to count on that to happen when it's my life. I could add the laser grips (as I did on my .45) to reinforce the "I've got you" concept. more money spent...

I have a budget and I'd like to keep to it. So it's "bang for the buck" first, with small enough for summer carry
with shorts and tees...

Peace...

Most of the time it's my 1911-45ACP, on rare occasion my .357 BUT as DUDE stated anything is better then nothing. Heck look what Sirhan-Sirhan did with at 22.

I am seriously looking for a Colt Defender .45APC. Is there such a thing as too much gun?

Love my Baby Desert Eagle with the 9mm and the .41 AE barrels, but can;t find the 41 AE ammo. I have 30 PP rounds and that is all in 41AE.

Ken

.380 enuff for me

Although I carry a SIG P229 .40 on and off duty, I do carry as a back up a SIG P232 .380...

Apparently a vast majority of American shooters think it is enough... Have you tried buying .380 ammo lately??? Have you tried buying reloading supplies for .380??? Have you seen the price of .380 ACP??? It costs more than 10mm Auto. Right now it seems to be the most popular handgun cartridge out there... So, it would seem to me, that most folks think it is enough.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back