Is Public Exhibition of Firearms Illegal in North Carolina?

Hey guys, why not cool it for now. I know your business is none of my business but if we as gun owners cant get along what does the future hold?

Hey guys, why not cool it for now. I know your business is none of my business but if we as gun owners cant get along what does the future hold?

No_Weapons_Allowed.gif

Charles Austin Miller:220171 said:
As requested. Find a violation...ok go!!

Where's your retaining strap on that sidearm, buster? That weapon could be removed from your holster and turned against you in a moment, before you could respond.

No retaining strap is not a violation. I'll advise you to raven concealment, galco, bianchi, the super tuck and kholster lines, need I say more...who do not put retaining straps on the majority of their holster. Nice try though.

I shouldn't have brought up the looney part because I knew it would fuel your fire...btw I'm done with college and that requires American History, so nice try again.

I'll ask again...what does it take to make you suspicious?

I think you just came here and posted your story looking for company in bashing the person who called the cops on you and bashing the cops for investigating. Unfortunately, for you, most of us here feel that two guys outside a residence at 11:00pm with a gun and a flashlight just plain warrants and justifies reasonable and articulable suspicion that a crime may be about to occur.

Personally, I would thank a neighbor who called the cops at 11:00pm about two guys with a gun outside my house, even if one of the guys was me, because that shows they care about me and my house and are watching out for me.
I agree with you NavyLCDR if I saw late at night a person or persons in the same circumstance I would call the cops. Consider the entire situation.

I sound like a looney, eh?

Yes, as a matter of fact, you do.

But that's just MY humble opinion.

In the interum, then, I would have to place you on a "gun owner" who bears watching list.

While the "background checks" required for gun ownership are relatively adequate for catching criminals who try to purchase "legally", past experience seems to suggest that the "loonies" sometimes slip through the "net".

In your particular case, I hold THAT truth to be self evident. Just sayin'.

GG

Now THAT needs to be posted right next to all "posted" signs forbidding firearms on premises. Being a more succinct clarification of the situation, it should not be TOO upsetting to those stalwarts who post their hoplaphobia for all to see in the first place.

GG

So, I'm violating Colonel Cooper's rules in addition to the NRA's rules, eh? Heh heh heh... What do they say about POSING for photographs? Have you ever posed for a photograph with a firearm? If you did, I bet I could spot ten violations without breaking a sweat.

Look, you guys started out by criticizing my "suspicious" behavior, and now you're critiquing my AVATAR? You boys need to grow up, for one thing, and behave like responsible gun owners, not dogmatic drones of gun control.

Your avatar shows you handling a large caliber wheelgun next to your torso and face with what appears to be your finger on the trigger. Grade for the course: F.

You're making a big deal out of someone calling in a MWAG. Given the circumstances, I would have done the same. You can call it "fear" or whatever you want, I call it people looking out for one another. And I personally have no problem with that.

May be a different topic altogether, but one that nonetheless is bound to happen sooner of later. I live in a cul-de-sac, which is FULL of small kids. My wife and I are empty-nesters with grown kids of our own, and simply want some peace and privacy. Which leads to the issue at hand. These same small kids will NOT stay in their own yard to play, and way too often I see a little set of eyes peeking in my window, occasionally more than one set of beady little eyes. I've tried numerous times to talk to the parents, who are of the mindset that "it takes a village" to raise their kids, and somehow they aren't responsible. So one day, I see it happening that they're going to be peeking in my window and see me with a pistol, rifle or some such thing, and go screaming "HE'S GOT A GUN..EEEEECK"... with a knock and a badge at my door. This isn't like you can see anything from the street into a wide open window, we're talking three quater of an acre, so they get right up on my front porch and stare in (pretty unnerving, too bad there isn't a bag limit). While it's easy enough to explain that it's my house, open carry on ones own property is legal, and I also have my CCW, I shouldn't have to explain. Why am I writing about something that hasn't happened yet? Because it is only a matter of time, and these parents are all about liberal la-la land!

Well, hell, you can handle that. For a second there, I thought maybe you were gonna start shooting the beady-eyed little sh#ts.

Well, hell, you can handle that. For a second there, I thought maybe you were gonna start shooting the beady-eyed little sh#ts.

I'm about ready to plant some Bouncing Betty's loaded with dog-**** (I've got three big suppliers that do a real good job of converting the dog food), see where that gets me!

Either that, or just turn my 185 lb Pyrenees loose, and when he shows up even heavier, and the kid is gone, I'm like "haven't got the foggiest what happened to your kid, weren't you supposed to be watching him"?

I'm about ready to plant some Bouncing Betty's loaded with dog-**** (I've got three big suppliers that do a real good job of converting the dog food), see where that gets me!

Either that, or just turn my 185 lb Pyrenees loose, and when he shows up even heavier, and the kid is gone, I'm like "haven't got the foggiest what happened to your kid, weren't you supposed to be watching him"?

On a more serious note, you could try, if you're so inclined, to befriend the little monkeys and their parents, and at some point, take the kids shooting (what kid doesn't like to shoot a gun, anyway?). And then convert the whole family from liberal la-las to staunch 2A supporters.

And they all lived happily ever after, the end.

(On my good days, I think like this. Most of the time, however, I'd just prefer to be left the hell alone, especially by idiot adults. Kids don't bother me so much, maybe because I was a hell-raiser as a kid and I KNOW a goodly number of neighbors cut me a lot of slack.)

To DocMustang... Son, I know this is a belated reply, but I didn't come to this website looking for your APPROVAL or a thumbs-up or anything else. Because I know, by and large, sites such as this are heavily infiltrated by anti-gunners posing as concerned gun owners. When I hear "gun owners" preaching suspicion and reporting their neighbors and outright, unreasoning FEAR, I know I'm not dealing with REAL, Liberty-loving Americans, okay?

I came in here to ask a question; and, ultimately, I came in here to TELL YOU how things are supposed to be in a FREE STATE. Because more than a few of you have apparently FORGOTTEN that it's our RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

Or, more likely, you're INTIMIDATED by the central government, and you're more than COMPLIANT with the 23,000 local, state and federal laws limiting your RIGHT to keep and bear arms.

No, I don't agree with the Law in many cases. I think the Law is WRONG in many cases. And I think MOST AMERICANS would agree that the anti-gun mentality is going to lead to the COMPLETE LOSS of our Liberties in America. The more you COMPLY with the insidious erosion of our RIGHTS, the more YOU are responsible for the death of our American Liberties.

I speak out against suspicion and reporting your neighbors and readily complying with the tens of thousands of laws issued to undermine the Second Amendment, okay?

Does that upset you, Doc? Does that frighten you when I say the Law is WRONG and that people should stand up and FIGHT the Law?

I'm talking about pursuing every legal course to overturn and repeal unjust and unconstitutional laws in America. We have a DUTY, as Americans, to keep this land FREE, and not knuckle-under to fear and political correctness and suspicion and reporting our neighbors.

You know where the government encourages the citizens to report their neighbors and family members, Doc? They do that in COMMUNIST countries.

Read more at www.ZeskoWhirligan.com

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back