Is Public Exhibition of Firearms Illegal in North Carolina?

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
So far, all of my sabre-rattling has been confined to this ONE THREAD in this forum. As for starting revolutions, I'd be proud to do so — but I'm sure I wouldn't see YOU there on the front lines.

Blah blah blah......

C'mon Patrick Henry.....pick up your weapon in one hand, your banner in another, and overthrow this "tyrannical" government that you hate so much!! Whatsa matter....all talk an no action?? Or maybe you don't want to be known as the "Lonely Revolutionary". You're right about one thing - you definitely won't see me at your so-called revolution. I guess I'm just not enough of a paranoid crackpot to join that march. You seem to be pretty alone there, although there are a few other paper tigers lurking on this board as well. You and they can sit and whine about Constitutional violations and call for revolution....all the while remaining behind your keyboard.

Come November of '12 I'll be part of a group that "overthrows" our current government - at the ballot box, and I can assure you that me and those like me will be far more effective than your nonstop crying and fantasizing about being some sort of leader.

BTW, how many different poses did you try out in front of the mirror before you chose the one you use as your avatar?? I used to do that. Of course I was 10 and was holding a BB gun, but that's just me.

santa

santa
Hey guys, why not cool it for now. I know your business is none of my business but if we as gun owners cant get along what does the future hold?

NavyLCDR

Hey guys, why not cool it for now. I know your business is none of my business but if we as gun owners cant get along what does the future hold?

No_Weapons_Allowed.gif

Firefighterchen

OC for Tactical Advantage
Charles Austin Miller:220171 said:
As requested. Find a violation...ok go!!

Where's your retaining strap on that sidearm, buster? That weapon could be removed from your holster and turned against you in a moment, before you could respond.

No retaining strap is not a violation. I'll advise you to raven concealment, galco, bianchi, the super tuck and kholster lines, need I say more...who do not put retaining straps on the majority of their holster. Nice try though.

I shouldn't have brought up the looney part because I knew it would fuel your fire...btw I'm done with college and that requires American History, so nice try again.

I'll ask again...what does it take to make you suspicious?

santa

santa
I think you just came here and posted your story looking for company in bashing the person who called the cops on you and bashing the cops for investigating. Unfortunately, for you, most of us here feel that two guys outside a residence at 11:00pm with a gun and a flashlight just plain warrants and justifies reasonable and articulable suspicion that a crime may be about to occur.

Personally, I would thank a neighbor who called the cops at 11:00pm about two guys with a gun outside my house, even if one of the guys was me, because that shows they care about me and my house and are watching out for me.
I agree with you NavyLCDR if I saw late at night a person or persons in the same circumstance I would call the cops. Consider the entire situation.

Grognard Gunny

I sound like a looney, eh?

Yes, as a matter of fact, you do.

But that's just MY humble opinion.

In the interum, then, I would have to place you on a "gun owner" who bears watching list.

While the "background checks" required for gun ownership are relatively adequate for catching criminals who try to purchase "legally", past experience seems to suggest that the "loonies" sometimes slip through the "net".

In your particular case, I hold THAT truth to be self evident. Just sayin'.

GG

Grognard Gunny

Now THAT needs to be posted right next to all "posted" signs forbidding firearms on premises. Being a more succinct clarification of the situation, it should not be TOO upsetting to those stalwarts who post their hoplaphobia for all to see in the first place.

GG

JJFlash

So, I'm violating Colonel Cooper's rules in addition to the NRA's rules, eh? Heh heh heh... What do they say about POSING for photographs? Have you ever posed for a photograph with a firearm? If you did, I bet I could spot ten violations without breaking a sweat.

Look, you guys started out by criticizing my "suspicious" behavior, and now you're critiquing my AVATAR? You boys need to grow up, for one thing, and behave like responsible gun owners, not dogmatic drones of gun control.

Your avatar shows you handling a large caliber wheelgun next to your torso and face with what appears to be your finger on the trigger. Grade for the course: F.

You're making a big deal out of someone calling in a MWAG. Given the circumstances, I would have done the same. You can call it "fear" or whatever you want, I call it people looking out for one another. And I personally have no problem with that.

coachdb18

May be a different topic altogether, but one that nonetheless is bound to happen sooner of later. I live in a cul-de-sac, which is FULL of small kids. My wife and I are empty-nesters with grown kids of our own, and simply want some peace and privacy. Which leads to the issue at hand. These same small kids will NOT stay in their own yard to play, and way too often I see a little set of eyes peeking in my window, occasionally more than one set of beady little eyes. I've tried numerous times to talk to the parents, who are of the mindset that "it takes a village" to raise their kids, and somehow they aren't responsible. So one day, I see it happening that they're going to be peeking in my window and see me with a pistol, rifle or some such thing, and go screaming "HE'S GOT A GUN..EEEEECK"... with a knock and a badge at my door. This isn't like you can see anything from the street into a wide open window, we're talking three quater of an acre, so they get right up on my front porch and stare in (pretty unnerving, too bad there isn't a bag limit). While it's easy enough to explain that it's my house, open carry on ones own property is legal, and I also have my CCW, I shouldn't have to explain. Why am I writing about something that hasn't happened yet? Because it is only a matter of time, and these parents are all about liberal la-la land!

JJFlash

Well, hell, you can handle that. For a second there, I thought maybe you were gonna start shooting the beady-eyed little sh#ts.

coachdb18

Well, hell, you can handle that. For a second there, I thought maybe you were gonna start shooting the beady-eyed little sh#ts.

I'm about ready to plant some Bouncing Betty's loaded with dog-**** (I've got three big suppliers that do a real good job of converting the dog food), see where that gets me!

Either that, or just turn my 185 lb Pyrenees loose, and when he shows up even heavier, and the kid is gone, I'm like "haven't got the foggiest what happened to your kid, weren't you supposed to be watching him"?

JJFlash

I'm about ready to plant some Bouncing Betty's loaded with dog-**** (I've got three big suppliers that do a real good job of converting the dog food), see where that gets me!

Either that, or just turn my 185 lb Pyrenees loose, and when he shows up even heavier, and the kid is gone, I'm like "haven't got the foggiest what happened to your kid, weren't you supposed to be watching him"?

On a more serious note, you could try, if you're so inclined, to befriend the little monkeys and their parents, and at some point, take the kids shooting (what kid doesn't like to shoot a gun, anyway?). And then convert the whole family from liberal la-las to staunch 2A supporters.

And they all lived happily ever after, the end.

(On my good days, I think like this. Most of the time, however, I'd just prefer to be left the hell alone, especially by idiot adults. Kids don't bother me so much, maybe because I was a hell-raiser as a kid and I KNOW a goodly number of neighbors cut me a lot of slack.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NearshoreRnD