Is it possible to survive a gun shot wound in the head from a 50 Cal ?

That tends to happen when you dont aim... :biggrin:

Do you have anything of value to add other than your feeble attempts at getting under my skin? No? Thought not. Have a nice day.

Wow. It was an honest question without one iota of angst or sarcasm contained within it. I even offered what I thought you were trying to say because I do know that "veritas" means "truth" or something close to it. If bofh's translation is right though, I don't see how you were acknowledging his post as being truth, so obviously I was mistaken, and your mini-tirade did nothing to disabuse me or anyone else of being mistaken about what you were trying to say. Great communication skills there Frisco!

At least I coaxed a short post out of you, so there is that. LOL

Blues

You still didn't post the source of your information about 9mm. Mine is a firearms instructor and ER nurse in my area.

My point is that your original question is pointless. .50 AE will certainly create a huge irrecoverable wound with a headshot. A 9mm will still destroy a significant part of your brain. There is really no chance of survival. You would need to get shot on an operating table of a brain surgeon to even have a chance. That's why we train to place headshots!

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/doc-how-do-i-know-where-i-should-shoot/

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Good article we should not just train for headshots. As you can see to incapacitate there are many options obviously it depends on how close the target is but at 15 yards I'll try to put em all in the upper torso heart area much easier to hit.

That's how all targets should look. Awesome!

I always tell people to take a quality training class. Valor Ridge's Pistol Craft I focuses on fundamentals and marksmanship, leading students to finish this 2-day class by completing the FBI pistol qualification on this target with the reduced target zone. I highly recommend taking the 4-day Pistol Immersion class for the slightly more experienced shooter. Progress in this class is steep, but dependent on student ability. The instructor to student ratio is at most one to four. The round count per day is 350-400.

Note this video is from 2015, before Reid started using the pistol target I posted. The range has been significantly upgraded sine then. Here are some pictures of recent pistol classes from his Facebook page:

Link Removed
Link Removed

I always tell people to take a quality training class. Valor Ridge's Pistol Craft I focuses on fundamentals and marksmanship, leading students to finish this 2-day class by completing the FBI pistol qualification on this target with the reduced target zone. I highly recommend taking the 4-day Pistol Immersion class for the slightly more experienced shooter. Progress in this class is steep, but dependent on student ability. The instructor to student ratio is at most one to four. The round count per day is 350-400.

Note this video is from 2015, before Reid started using the pistol target I posted. The range has been significantly upgraded sine then. Here are some pictures of recent pistol classes from his Facebook page:

Link Removed
Link Removed

That looks incredible man. If I ever get down your neck of the woods I would love to take that in.

About that .50 caliber handgun survival thing: STUNT GONE WRONG: Pregnant girlfriend shoots and accidentally kills boyfriend. Nothing about that was accidental:

Around 6:30 Monday night, the Norman County Sheriff's Office was called to the 500 block of U.S. Highway 75 in Halstad on a report of a shooting. When police arrived on scene they closed the stretch of Highway 75. A med helicopter was called to the scene and people watched as chest compressions on Ruiz were done. Ruiz was pronounced dead at the scene.

They were trying to achieve YouTube fame. To rack up views, subscribers and notoriety, they tried amping up their pranks.

"He had told me about an idea. I said, don't do it, don't do it. Why are you going to use a gun? Why? Because, we want more viewers." Ruiz's aunt says he gave a 50 caliber handgun to his girlfriend and insisted she shoot it at a book Pedro was holding, thinking it would stop the bullet. They even said they tested it already.

"I don't know why they thought the book was supposed to stop the bullet," said Ruiz.

Now his pregnant 20 year old girlfriend is behind bars, charged with reckless discharge of a firearm. "The fact that she has got to live with this for the rest of her life, that alone, is a charge to me," Ruiz said.

I used to belong to a blog called The Stupid Shall Be Punished but the moderator/originator retired. Its still archived on the web. This is a valid example of many of our discussions.

The Place To Be

I kept waiting for the part where racists cops were blamed for the execution of a poor minority kid. Because you know...no one can actually take responsibility for their own stupidity.

I kept waiting for the part where racists cops were blamed for the execution of a poor minority kid. Because you know...no one can actually take responsibility for their own stupidity.
I know the term execution bothers you. I am one of the biggest LEO supporters you will ever know. I'm not retracting the statement. It's my opinion in the case of this one scumbag who had no business wearing a badge. That family and his friends will never understand how that horror show happened or what our justice system stands for. No reflection on the other 99.9% of LEO's. I saw the same video you did and that's an apt term.

The Place To Be

I know the term execution bothers you. I am one of the biggest LEO supporters you will ever know. I'm not retracting the statement. It's my opinion in the case of this one scumbag who had no business wearing a badge. That family and his friends will never understand how that horror show happened or what our justice system stands for. No reflection on the other 99.9% of LEO's. I saw the same video you did and that's an apt term.

The Place To Be

I wasn't even commenting on that, I was commenting on the The Stupid Shall Be Punished. People die of stupid every day, and there is no appropriate box. And, current narrative being what it is...it's always a racist cop executing minority kids.

I only object to the term executed when it is misused and not in keeping with the facts. I agree that Yanez was an abortion as a cop and that Castile died a tragic death as a result of Yanez's incompetence in a case of gross negligence and negligent homicide...but still the wording is wrong and it does a service to the left, a disservice to good cops and law abiding CCW holders as well.

The narrative and false rhetoric is the same kind that got Zimmerman charged with murder...they invented a whole new "race" for Zimmerman when they called him a "white-hispanic" and characterized that shooting as an "execution of an unarmed black teen". That kind of **** only serves the HuffPo goobers and the rest in the lamestream media.

I hope to hell YOU never are never forced to fire to stop an attack...I hate to see what the media will do to you and if you will object to your incident being characterized as an "execution" by a racist Texan.

I wasn't even commenting on that, I was commenting on the The Stupid Shall Be Punished. People die of stupid every day, and there is no appropriate box. And, current narrative being what it is...it's always a racist cop executing minority kids.

I only object to the term executed when it is misused and not in keeping with the facts. I agree that Yanez was an abortion as a cop and that Castile died a tragic death as a result of Yanez's incompetence in a case of gross negligence and negligent homicide...but still the wording is wrong and it does a service to the left, a disservice to good cops and law abiding CCW holders as well.

The narrative and false rhetoric is the same kind that got Zimmerman charged with murder...they invented a whole new "race" for Zimmerman when they called him a "white-hispanic" and characterized that shooting as an "execution of an unarmed black teen". That kind of **** only serves the HuffPo goobers and the rest in the lamestream media.

I hope to hell YOU never are never forced to fire to stop an attack...I hate to see what the media will do to you and if you will object to your incident being characterized as an "execution" by a racist Texan.
Copy. I am not coloring LEOs with a broad brush. Just an opinion on this one POS and the fact that the act ended up being essentially sanctioned by the justice system. I hope I never have to kill anyone for any reason as a CC citizen too and I hope I never get put in the same situation as Castile.

The Place To Be

The guy that started this thread of stupidity is banned and it is obvious to anyone what the answer is and what the little anti gunner, World of War troll was after. This thread is the Russia story in a 2A forum. We already know the answer.

The Place To Be

There are no degrees of being dead. You either are or you aren't. Who came up with this dumbass question anyhow?

Okay but I speak with some neurosurgeons and forensic pathologist's and they said that it is possible to survive a 50AE head wound! So why are you said other things [emoji32]explain?
I mean a desert eagle 50AE

Sent from my PO10039TAQ-10172MK3 using Link Removed

I have neither the time or patience to argue with a fool. Go ahead and take a shot to the head and then have someone post your obituary

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back