Is It Ok To Use Our CHP To Get Out Of A Ticket?

One of the most common themes I see in all these ‘LEO Encounter” threads is the idea that the OP didn’t get a ticket because he flashed his CHP. I’m curious what the groupthink here is on that. If it’s OK for me to flash a CHP (as if) to get out of a ticket is it OK for a cop to flash his badge for the same reason? How about a dirt bag that hides behind a family member’s badge to get out of traffic tickets?

(IMO) Unless a cop is on police business that requires him to violate traffic laws he should be subject to the same law as the rest of us. Likewise a CHP holder or a family member should be held to the same standard. Shouldn’t we be held to a higher standard?

So what do you think?

G50AE

So you are saying that having a CCW Badge on one of those neck chain CCW Badge holder thingies hanging from my rear view mirror is a bad thing?

janus

One of the most common themes I see in all these ‘LEO Encounter” threads is the idea that the OP didn’t get a ticket because he flashed his CHP. I’m curious what the groupthink here is on that. If it’s OK for me to flash a CHP (as if) to get out of a ticket is it OK for a cop to flash his badge for the same reason? How about a dirt bag that hides behind a family member’s badge to get out of traffic tickets?

(IMO) Unless a cop is on police business that requires him to violate traffic laws he should be subject to the same law as the rest of us. Likewise a CHP holder or a family member should be held to the same standard. Shouldn’t we be held to a higher standard?

So what do you think?
Go ahead and take all the tickets you want. I don't mind.

G50AE

What state requires a badge thingie?
A neck chain CCW Badge holder thingie consists of three pieces. A chain that goes over your neck like a necklace, a typically leather thingie that the neck chain is attached to and that holds the CCW Badge, and of course a CCW Badge.

Maint1517

Sometime in the next ten years my home state of SC is going to pass constitutional carry, which I refer to as a "We don't need no stinkin' badges law."
I’m in SC as well. I haven’t heard about the constitutional carry law being in the works.

Maint1517

I knew about the oc and permit fees being waved, actually just renewed mine online last night. I just wasn’t aware they were putting constitutional carry on the table. Thanks for the heads up!

G50AE

Senator Larry Martin is typically the one who shoots down constitutional carry when it comes up.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshwells_22