Is it legal? Why would MA allow it?

hogwylde

With the way Massachusetts is in banning all sorts of guns, I have a comment and then a question regarding MA.

I have an M&P .40 and one nice thing about it, although I haven't done it, is that I can buy a 9mm barrel and fire 9mm ammo since the magazine will hold it. And here's my question. With all the crazy MA laws, why would they allow it?

If I were to commit a crime with it (being either 9 or .40), couldn't I simply discard the barrel? If they were to locate the bullet - the rifling wouldn't match. Just something that popped into my head today while driving. OR.....can I not buy a 9mm barrel here in MA? I haven't tried or looked into it but assume I can.

With the way Massachusetts is in banning all sorts of guns, I have a comment and then a question regarding MA.

I have an M&P .40 and one nice thing about it, although I haven't done it, is that I can buy a 9mm barrel and fire 9mm ammo since the magazine will hold it. And here's my question. With all the crazy MA laws, why would they allow it?

If I were to commit a crime with it (being either 9 or .40), couldn't I simply discard the barrel? If they were to locate the bullet - the rifling wouldn't match. Just something that popped into my head today while driving. OR.....can I not buy a 9mm barrel here in MA? I haven't tried or looked into it but assume I can.

Ummmm....if you were to commit a crime with any gun, why can't you simply discard that barrel? Takes me about three minutes to pull the barrel out of my gun.

Link Removed

Gun Parts in Brand:Taurus | eBay

Get a replacement barrel, pop it in, commit your crime, pop it out, toss it away, put the original barrel back in.

Ummmm....if you were to commit a crime with any gun, why can't you simply discard that barrel? Takes me about three minutes to pull the barrel out of my gun.

Yes, you're right. But one would look more "suspicious" if you had a gun with a missing barrel (unless you discarded the whole gun) than if you had a complete gun....that didn't match the rifling. Make sense?

Yes, you're right. But one would look more "suspicious" if you had a gun with a missing barrel (unless you discarded the whole gun) than if you had a complete gun....that didn't match the rifling. Make sense?

It's only required to have a gun with a missing barrel for about 5 minutes - with prior planning.

Link Removed

Gun Parts in Brand:Taurus | eBay

Get a replacement barrel, pop it in, commit your crime, pop it out, toss it away, put the original barrel back in.

Exactly. Ballistic fingerprinting goes right out the window. Anti-gunners aren't thinking past the basics when they propose such laws.

I could be wrong but I believe states like NY & CA require the new barrel be registered. As if that's going to do anything.

Why don't they just make a law that says it's illegal to murder and rob people. Problem solved right?

There are other ways to ID your firearm,I am not going to tell you though,BUT I would advise to NOT commit any crimes!!!!

You would need to be sure and pick up all your casings too because they can match the prints on those too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back