Is Indiana hand gun permit good in Ohio?

peanut05

im going to ohio to work for awhile and want to know if i can carry?

alduane

I believe the answer to that is no. It's mostly because of Indiana's low standards for issue that it isn't honored in many States. You might consider looking into a Utah Non-Resident permit.

father-of-three

No. The "Concealed carry maps" section on this site is a good resource that will tell you in which states your Indiana permit is valid.

Welcome!

mrjam2jab

Get yourself an AZ Permit.

You can get it by mail round trip about 2 weeks. You do need training, which you may already have, and fingerprints, which will be included in the packet.

OZZ

If you are ex-military then you can get an AZ or FL permit with your DD214. No training required!

Yes we don't require too much training, etc, but we do have to have a clean record :)

NavyLCDR

I believe the answer to that is no. It's mostly because of Indiana's low standards for issue that it isn't honored in many States. You might consider looking into a Utah Non-Resident permit.

WA has the lowest standards for issue of a CPL (Concealed Pistol License). Shall issue to anyone that meets Federal standards for possession of a firearm with no training required. Ohio recognizes Washington permit. But not Indiana's.

Also, to the OP, you say working in Ohio for a while. You might want to check Ohio's residency/driver's license laws. In many states, working in that state for a certain length of time establishes residency in that state according to their laws.

You can open carry in Ohio with no license required, however, without a recognized license a person cannot have loaded magazines in the vehicle with the gun, in Ohio.

Also, to comply with Federal law, you would have to have an Ohio concealed weapons license/pemit to carry a firearm within 1000' feet of a school. regardless of if you possess a recognized out-of-state permit or not.

OZZ

:biggrin:

We call the low standards the 2nd amendment !! :laugh:

(sorry could not help myself ... :eek: )

mrjam2jab

WA has the lowest standards for issue of a CPL (Concealed Pistol License). Shall issue to anyone that meets Federal standards for possession of a firearm with no training required. Ohio recognizes Washington permit. But not Indiana's.

Hold on now...I wrastle ya for that title... :biggrin: PA is down there too.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Evrviglnt