Is H&K worth the hype?

barias2828

Okay so please take it easy on me because I'm new here but I have had my eye on an H&K p30 to replace my Baretta Px4 9mm as my carry weapon. I am fairly new at these forums and other then my Baretta and Taurus 24/7 gen 1 .40 cal, I haven't shot many other handguns. Most of my fire arms experience was gained in the Army with M4s and heavier weaponry. I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on pros and con's of the H&K p30 without being bias about cost. I would not be asking if it wasn't too unreasonable to think that a local range might of had a $1,000 gun sitting in their shelves to rent and shoot...lol

No personal experience with H&K here, but a couple people I know that have them, really like them. Only way to know is to get one in your hand to see how it feels. Sorry I don't have any more info to offer, welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the response. I have gone to the local gun shop and have held one in my hands. It really fit like a glove.

I am an H & K fan. H & K build their guns and test them as well, they put their guns through hell and their guns always comes up firing. That is after putting them through sand, mud, water, even ran over by a vehicle. You do get what you pay for, and pay you will do. H & K is one of the only guns that the US Military uses in special Ops, were they come out of water from a 10 mile submerged swim and come up firing, it is amazing. The have perfected the treading for silencers, so has Sig, finally. However I have been out on many Ops where everyone of us has no other brand of gun other than H & K. Depending on the circumstances. The Mark 23 is the best pistol I have ever owned, and used in combat. Myself with several of my team members have shot off over 2500 rounds in a weekend on I can not even begin to put a number on the weekends and I have never had an H & K jamb on me or fail to fire. As for a few Sigs, which I also love I have had to tap, rack/flip to clear. I have never ever had any squib loads or hang fires, as I have had in Glocks. We refuse to even touch a Glock. If you want or need a gun pistol or rifle that you never have to worry about leaving you in a jam, then an H & K is one of the finest and best choices you can make.

Okay so please take it easy on me because I'm new here but I have had my eye on an H&K p30 to replace my Baretta Px4 9mm as my carry weapon. I am fairly new at these forums and other then my Baretta and Taurus 24/7 gen 1 .40 cal, I haven't shot many other handguns. Most of my fire arms experience was gained in the Army with M4s and heavier weaponry. I am wondering if anyone could shed some light on pros and con's of the H&K p30 without being bias about cost. I would not be asking if it wasn't too unreasonable to think that a local range might of had a $1,000 gun sitting in their shelves to rent and shoot...lol

are BMWs or Ferraris worth the hype? or is a chevy good enough? are rolexes or breitlings worth the hype? a timex will keep time just as well, is a mont blanc pen better than a 9 cent papermate stick?
it's all up to you, personally I think yes it is worth the hype

Thanks for all the comments...I think I am going to be very satisfied with this purchase. I have been leaning this way but was told to come to this site and ask cause I would get more insight. Thanks again for helping me make my decision.

Is H&K worth the hype?

If you don't mind the price you will like the gun for sure. My brother has one, it's a very accurate gun. Also, if you wonder what others are talking about when they rave about triggers, shooting it will give you that "I get it now" moment. It has a great trigger, feels right, aids in shooting accuracy, may be a little big for concealment though.

I have a HK USP 45 fullsize. It is over ten years old. I am the third owner. It has over 6000 rounds down range and is still as accurate as the day I got it. It eats any factory loaded 45ACP including steel cased Tula ammo.

It is a zero fail weapon. I have never had a FTF or FTE with it.

It gets cleaned every time it is shot and once every 2 weeks if it is not fired.

I can hit a sheet of printer paper at 100 yards with it using proper fundementals and breath control.

And yes, it is big and I carry it. It usually abides in a galco pancake holster carried slightly behind the right hip.

The USP 45 fullsize is little brother of the MK23 military pistol and uses the same magazines.

Thanks again for all the info...just wondering about the LEM trigger....is it better then the standard trigger and how?

I have a 9mm P30. Terrific gun, fit and finish is second to none, reliable, durable, love the trigger guard mag release. The only real disadvantage I've experienced is that the trigger isn't the best on the market.. but I have a Walther PPQ, so there's little that can really compare in the realm of factory triggers in a polymer framed gun. I'm very picky, too.
It's worth the money if you want a quality polymer framed handgun. It's also quite a value if you start comparing it to the price of a quality custom 1911.

Is H&K worth the hype?

If there is any cons it would be the trigger system. Not saying it's bad just different. There's more travel or slack than most. Go to YouTube and watch the trigger pull with the regular and LEM. That might help a little. Like I said its a good weapon. Good luck

I have fired the H&K P7M7 9mm I didn't have a grand to spare 25 years ago or I would have bought one. It was a point and shoot, I couldn't miss, no recoil. First gun I didn't have to become intimate with. Did it's job. It was the guys next door he bought it after we went shooting and his duty gun had a broken fireing pin. He had been carring it for two weeks since he last shot it. I guess he had nightmares because we went shooting the next weekend with his new carry gun HKp7m7. Told me he forked over $1000.00 for it. 1985 dollars.

Definately trade the Beretta for the H&K.... or any other gun for that matter. Sorry, not too fond of the Beretta: not tool reliable and, if close enough, you can disarm the perp and pretty much take it apart at the same time. H&K are great, Springfield are great, too!!

Beretta is incredibly reliable! Why do you think the military gases them? They are a good old fashioned heavy metal gun. I carry their subcompact. They are kind of heavy and bulky that is there one downfall

I've got a USP Compact .40 and it's by far my favorite pistol (I've got Glocks, M&Ps, 1911s).
Best bet is try and find a used one. I seriously doubt a used HK would have had enough rounds through it to even get close to the half life of the internal parts.

Yes I did not mention that about the ammo. H & K will fire any ammo. I bought up a stock pile of over 6000 rounds for storage of Russian made ammo for every H & K, just encase this world goes nuts, and I will not fire some of this ammo out of my Sigs, or Colts. But H & K not only gauantees their product, but will tell you that their weapons are made to fire ammo from any country.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back