Is anyone from UGAR LLC a member here?

AndeyHall

I've gotten quite ill with all these stupid conspiracy emails that USA Carry emails you...all the "10 secrets on how to [insert verb here] that the government doesn't want you to know about" emails. Well I got one the other week about this "CIA ghost knife" and having the knife fetish that I do, I figured for 3 or 4 bucks I'd give it a try. But in order to get it, you also have to sign up for a free trial subscription to the "3 Percenter Report". No big deal, I do that sort of thing all the time and turn around and cancel it same day.

After ordering, I get an email with no information on how to cancel my subscription. I think maybe it will come in a few days so I wait. Nothing. I email them telling them I want to cancel. Nothing. I call during their joke of "office hours", leave multiple messages. Still nothing. Oh, and meanwhile I get this AMAZING [sarcasm] "ghost knife" in the mail. It's a shitty plastic letter opener. Even says "letter opener" on the side of it. This company is a joke. And even more, USA Carry is becoming just as much of a joke as they keep forwarding these stupid spam conspiracy emails to all their members.

I got taken too. I have called during their "office hour" and get a voice mail. They have now charge my credit card $19.95 twice. I've contacted my card service to dispute the charge. I hope they can block them from getting anymore of my money. I have received my letter opener and 1 newsletters. My wife is not happy with me. We are trying to find a place to make a formal complaint with the government or other agency.

If they've charged your card twice and you got something other than advertised, I would suggest telling your credit card co. to cancel your card and send you one with a new card number. And, of course, refuse to pay and dispute the charges that the co has charged you. And if you know the address of the co that advertised one thing and sent another, I think the attorney general in that and your state would be good people to contact about mail fraud.

I usually do these sorts of things with my debit card- (and attach it to a small checking- just to be on the safe side) - banks really work with you on this. In my experience- they are quick to open up an investigation and credit your account (assuming however that the investigation goes in your favor).

I usually do these sorts of things with my debit card- (and attach it to a small checking- just to be on the safe side) - banks really work with you on this. In my experience- they are quick to open up an investigation and credit your account (assuming however that the investigation goes in your favor).
Courtney, don't give the debit number to anyone. That's the key to your checking or savings account. Better to use a credit card. Remember Target? Now UPS? No company can secure your data and they keep it forever even though you made a single $2.99 purchase. PayPal is the only place I keep the debit card. To minimize risk I use PayPal whenever possible.

They finally called me back a few weeks ago I just never thought to reply to this thread. They canceled my subscription and never charged my card.

But I always give my debit card as well, because according to my bank there is no difference in terms of liability. If someone makes a fraudulent charge, you can get your money back either way.

Bc1- you make a good point - and funny you mention target- bc I was one of the people whose info was compromised! :/ which led me to adjust the balance of my checking account for peace of mind (despite a bank's obligation to "insure" your coverage of up to $100,000 per account)

They finally called me back a few weeks ago I just never thought to reply to this thread. They canceled my subscription and never charged my card.

But I always give my debit card as well, because according to my bank there is no difference in terms of liability. If someone makes a fraudulent charge, you can get your money back either way.

Good to know. Hopefully they'll do the same to me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back