Is a Pistol or Revolver a "firearm"?

NewHampshire

Definitions From THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT
TITLE 26, UNITED STATES CODE, CHAPTER 53

SEC. 5845. Definitions
For the purpose of this chapter -

(a) Firearm. - The term "firearm" means
(1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
(2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
(3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length;
(4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches
in length;
(5) any other weapon, as defined in subsection (e);
(6) a machinegun;
(7)any silencer (as defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code); and
(8) a destructive device. The term "firearm" shall not include an antique firearm or any device (other than a machinegun or destructive device) which, although designed as a weapon, the Secretary finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon.

Definitions From THE NATIONAL FIREARMS ACT
TITLE 26, UNITED STATES CODE, CHAPTER 53

SEC. 5845. Definitions
For the purpose of this chapter -

(a) Firearm. - The term "firearm" means
(1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
(2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
(3) a rifle having a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches in length;
(4) a weapon made from a rifle if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 16 inches
in length;
(5) any other weapon, as defined in subsection (e);
(6) a machinegun;
(7)any silencer (as defined in section 921 of title 18, United States Code); and
(8) a destructive device. The term "firearm" shall not include an antique firearm or any device (other than a machinegun or destructive device) which, although designed as a weapon, the Secretary finds by reason of the date of its manufacture, value, design, and other characteristics is primarily a collector's item and is not likely to be used as a weapon.

The bold part above is the important wording in this section.
CHAPTER 53 - MACHINE GUNS, DESTRUCTIVE DEVICES, AND CERTAIN OTHER
FIREARMS is what they are defining.
Different firearms, such as revolvers, would have a different section or chapter.

Yes, pistols and revolvers are "firearms" according to Title 18, Part I, Chapter 44, Sec. 921:

§ 921. Definitions
(a) As used in this chapter—
(3) The term “firearm” means
(A) any weapon (including a starter gun) which will or is designed to or may readily be converted to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive;
(B) the frame or receiver of any such weapon;
(C) any firearm muffler or firearm silencer; or
(D) any destructive device. Such term does not include an antique firearm.

Yes, correct that it is US CODE. But show me the LAW as it applies to me!
The "Act of 1871" formed the corporation known as THE UNITED STATES. Note the capitalization, because it is important. This corporation, owned by foreign interests, moved right in and shoved the original "organic" version of the Constitution into a dusty corner. UNITED STATES CODE (note the capitalization, indicating the corporation, not the Republic) Title 28 3002 (15) (A) (B) (C). It is stated unequivocally that the UNITED STATES is a corporation.I refer to this as the "corporate empire of the UNITED STATES," which operates under Roman Civil Law outside of the Constitution. Congress is fully aware of this deception. You must be made aware that the members of Congress do NOT work for you and me. Rather, they work for the Corporation known as THE UNITED STATES.
CODES and STATUTES are THEIR laws and guidelines that THEIR employees must follow. But we are not employees of the corporate UNITED STATES.

And as we are beginning to uncover and expose (based upon a recent North Carolina Court Case; The Unmasking of Maine….and Beyond) your local police are nothing more than rent-a-cop subcontractors! That's right, a private corporation. In the Rod-Class case the Attorney Generals Office on 3 separate occasions stated that the police dept. are subcontractors, and therefore the Court has no subject-matter jurisdiction.
I ask the Attorney General...then why are you representing a private corporation in court? And if you're using OUR tax dollars to represent a private corporation...hmmm!? Unless of course...wait...please tell me YOUR office isn't a private corporation also !!

Yes, correct that it is US CODE. But show me the LAW as it applies to me!
The "Act of 1871" formed the corporation known as THE UNITED STATES. Note the capitalization, because it is important. This corporation, owned by foreign interests, moved right in and shoved the original "organic" version of the Constitution into a dusty corner. UNITED STATES CODE (note the capitalization, indicating the corporation, not the Republic) Title 28 3002 (15) (A) (B) (C). It is stated unequivocally that the UNITED STATES is a corporation.I refer to this as the "corporate empire of the UNITED STATES," which operates under Roman Civil Law outside of the Constitution. Congress is fully aware of this deception. You must be made aware that the members of Congress do NOT work for you and me. Rather, they work for the Corporation known as THE UNITED STATES.
CODES and STATUTES are THEIR laws and guidelines that THEIR employees must follow. But we are not employees of the corporate UNITED STATES.
istockphoto_8953120-cuckoo-clock.jpg

Link Removed

Ahhh, the Ottoman Empire. Now there was a kinder, gentler group. They never had the stigma of Slavery around their neck like the U.S.

I'm sorry....Does it matter whether you call it -- pistol or firearm -- if it fits in my jeans, inside or outside my waistband, I can even call it "weapon", MY weapon!
(I am still wondering what happens to the smilies...)

Rent-a-cop

In Rodney-Dale Class v. North Carolina Department of Transportation (11 CVS 1559) Superior Court Judge Ridgeway agreed with Judge May and the Attorney General's office that the police are private contractors, and must be sued in their private capacity.

I ask the Attorney Generals office, why then are our tax dollars being used to defend private corporations?

Is a pistol or revolver a firearm? I dunno, me thinks they be guns. I know, I know, I'm not straying into some flipp'n corn field and trying to get this thread back onto the original topic. Silly, isn't it?

Is a pistol or revolver a firearm? I dunno, me thinks they be guns. I know, I know, I'm not straying into some flipp'n corn field and trying to get this thread back onto the original topic. Silly, isn't it?

Pistols, rifles, and shotguns are firearms. So are some weird iterations thereof. A gun is a big sucker, like a cannon, that shoots enormous rounds. Just ask someone in the Navy.

There is no such thing as Roman Civil Law. The last vestiage of the Roman Empire is the Patriarch of Constantinople who is the nominal leader of the Orthodox Catholic Church and lives in Istanbul. After WWI with the disintegration of the Ottoman Empire, the Turks renamed Constantinople to Istanbul.

G, you pretty much asked for it:

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople
Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight on a moonlit night

Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople
Why did Constantinople get the works?
That's nobody's business but the Turks

Istanbul (Istanbul)
Istanbul (Istanbul)

Even old New York was once New Amsterdam
Why they changed it I can't say
People just liked it better that way

Istanbul was Constantinople
Now it's Istanbul, not Constantinople

So take me back to Constantinople
No, you can't go back to Constantinople

Istanbul

Everyone, including the "Attorney" likes to quote STATUTES and CODES...
But where is the LAW, passed by Congress? Surely such law must exist, right?
If it's not LAW, then...

Guess I am a bit lost on this, who would not consider a firearm a firearm?

The piece of text originally quoted in the post was from the Firearms Act, and out of context, you can't tell that it's specifically referring to machine guns, and it defines a firearm as a short-barreled rifle. I read the whole ATF guide, and if you get lost with all the heads, sub-heads, and paragraph heads, you can get really confused about what the heck they're talking about.

My local law library has 3 floors with shelves full of CODES and STATUTES to attempt to replace 4 pages...the original Constitution for the united States of America (note the caps). And the Second Amendment is very clear...

And as for the Attorney...the origonal 13 Amendment is very clear also...
"If any citizen of the United States shall accept, claim, receive, or retain any title of nobility or honour, or shall without the consent of Congress, accept and retain any present, pension, office, or emolument of any kind whatever, from any emperor, king, prince, or foreign power, such person shall cease to be a citizen of the United States, and shall be incapable of holding any office of trust or profit under them, or either of them."

And yes, I have The Journal of the Senate that shows it passed 26:1.

Esq. (Esquire)

Esquire — A rank next below that of Knight. Besides those Esquires who are personal attendants of Knights of Orders of Knighthood, this title is held by all attendants on the person of the Sovereign, and all persons holding the Sovereign's commission being of military rank not below Captain.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back