is a glock a good beginner gun

Once you know how to operate it it is a fantastic weapon ! Get training from someone who knows the gun ! If you are new to firearms I suggest a revolver ( I like Rugers in .357 ). God Bless and have enough ammunition !!!

The short answer is yes. The longer answer is try a few at a shooting range that has gun rentals to see what feels best in you hand.

Sorry, I have to disagree. The trigger on the Glock is too tricky for a beginner. Remember the video of thr DEA agent that shot himself in a classroom? He had a Glock. I think you would be better off with a revolver or even a 1911. Just my $.02.

They do say Glock Perfection.... just make sure you get all the recalls, and "upgrades" done. It's more Perfection for those with Alzheimers.

Consider a Springfield XDM, it is nice you can take the slide off the frame without having to pull the trigger and it is very simular to the Glock.

I on the otherhand prefer something with a actual safety.

Do a lot more studying, and try to find a range that has loaner/rental guns to shoot. Before someone pulls out a flame thrower, I personally don't like Glocks. I'm not saying they are bad, just not my personal cup of tea. On a forum like this you will get hundreds of opinions, so read and study before you jump.

Another source: OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

Once you know how to operate it it is a fantastic weapon ! Get training from someone who knows the gun ! If you are new to firearms I suggest a revolver ( I like Rugers in .357 ). God Bless and have enough ammunition !!!

SP 101 is my carry of choice in Summer wear. (Easier to conceal.)

GG

As im sure someone else has said already (im too lazy to read all posts)go to the range and rent a few handguns and see what you shoot best with. Then get it. I think a glock is a decent enough pistol, but thats my opinion. There are some problems with them though just like every other thing in the world. Its really about what you shoot best with and what you can afford. I would stick with the big names though: glock, walther, HK, S&W, etc...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back