Iowans carrying in MN, KS, or VA

GunClasses.Net

Here's a question...

Because Iowa carry permits are NOT recognized in MN, KS, or VA, (and there's a lot of real estate in that list that's within driving distance of IA) ... but a MN non-resident permit would add those states for you ... what if I found a way to partner with instructors and gun ranges in Iowa, to give you the training you need to get a MN non-resident permit? Would you be interested?

The cost of the training AND the application to a MN sheriff would be, in total, between $125-175. I think we have a way to potentially make this work, if we find ranges that will cooperate.

Does this interest anyone in Iowa...? Why or why not?

Grant Vlasak
(Go Hawkeyes! U of IA MBA, 2006)

I'm sure it would interest a lot of people. I know of some people who have IA permits and they hate not being able to carry in MN when they head up to the Twin Cities or to a lake. Personally, I probably wouldn't get a MN permit because I only go to MN about once a year and to KS even less. I probably won't make it out to VA any time soon either.

Where I took my class it was also good for a Utah out-of-state permit which is good for MN and VA, but not KS. I have seen of a few other instructors offering training good for Utah, but I haven't seen anywhere that offers training good for MN permits so I think it might go over well.

Here's a question...

Because Iowa carry permits are NOT recognized in MN, KS, or VA, (and there's a lot of real estate in that list that's within driving distance of IA) ... but a MN non-resident permit would add those states for you ... what if I found a way to partner with instructors and gun ranges in Iowa, to give you the training you need to get a MN non-resident permit? Would you be interested?

The cost of the training AND the application to a MN sheriff would be, in total, between $125-175. I think we have a way to potentially make this work, if we find ranges that will cooperate.

Does this interest anyone in Iowa...? Why or why not?

Grant Vlasak
(Go Hawkeyes! U of IA MBA, 2006)

I would be interested. I started a thread in the Minnesota section looking for a class in my area of Iowa or the southwest part of Minnesota. . No luck.

Only 2 gun ranges that I know of within 100 miles of my location. One is membership only and I don't know if the other is still in business. I shoot on my own property.

I wonder if this can work

I would be interested. I started a thread in the Minnesota section looking for a class in my area of Iowa or the southwest part of Minnesota. . No luck.

Only 2 gun ranges that I know of within 100 miles of my location. One is membership only and I don't know if the other is still in business. I shoot on my own property.

Interesting! Private Message me... or call me at 612 424 7955 x101. Maybe we can work something out.
-Grant

I would be interested as I have family in MN.
If I read it right though you have to submit your application in person to a sheriffs office. I don't travel up there durring the week.
Wish I would have taken my class somewhere that offered Utah as well. :(

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back