Iowa Resident Concealed Carry permits are good in Colorado!

Anubis

See the Colorado Bureau of Investigations page Link Removed

Because (a) Iowa now recognizes Colorado CC permits and (b) that is the only requirement for Colorado to recognize the Iowa permits of Iowa residents, it's a done deal. Easy!

Thanks, I've updated this as well as Wyoming recognizing Iowa on the maps.

where did you see about WY?

Wyoming also accepts any permits that accept Wyoming. So now that Iowa accepts all other state's permits, Wyoming should accept Iowa.

http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/pdf/CWP.pdf

Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation Concealed Firearm Permits
The Wyoming concealed firearm permit statute (revised effective March 2010) provides that Wyoming will
honor permits from other states, and issue Wyoming permits to holders of permits from other states, if:
1. the other state recognizes Wyoming permits; and
2. the permit from the other state is valid statewide.

Wyoming also accepts any permits that accept Wyoming. So now that Iowa accepts all other state's permits, Wyoming should accept Iowa.

http://attorneygeneral.state.wy.us/dci/pdf/CWP.pdf

Wyoming Division of Criminal Investigation Concealed Firearm Permits
The Wyoming concealed firearm permit statute (revised effective March 2010) provides that Wyoming will
honor permits from other states, and issue Wyoming permits to holders of permits from other states, if:
1. the other state recognizes Wyoming permits; and
2. the permit from the other state is valid statewide.

OK...I saw that link....but nothing "official" on IA. I just thought I was missing something. :pleasantry:

Be aware that several cities and counties in Iowa are trying to pass ordinances or resolutions that "ban" firearms from city owned buildings and parks even though it is in direct violation of Iowa code chapter 724.28

724.28 Prohibition of regulation by political subdivisions.

A political subdivision of the state shall not enact an ordinance regulating the ownership, possession, legal transfer, lawful transportation, registration, or licensing of firearms when the ownership, possession, transfer, or transportation is otherwise lawful under the laws of this state. An ordinance regulating firearms in violation of this section existing on or after April 5, 1990, is void.

Section History: Recent form

90 Acts, ch 1147, §9

The cities believe its in the name of "safety" to have no legal gun possession in these areas. Front page news on the local paper today.:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you live in Iowa or close to Iowa go to these meetings and help defeat this stupidity. If Iowa didn't need this on 31 December, 2010 they don't need it now.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back