Interview With Former ATF Agent Rick Vasquez On Bump-Stock Legislation

BluesStringer

Les Brers
This excerpt highlights the most dangerous parts of the ATF's plans to write a new regulation that carries the weight of law. This regulation can potentially bring about Canadian style anti-gun laws without an act of Congress. This is another in a long line of threats to destroying the Second Amendment. The ATF is attempting to circumvent the authority of Congress by creating a regulation to ban the rate of fire of any semi-automatic even without a bump stock or Hell-Fire trigger-actuator, plus others. Got a Miculek trigger-finger and use it during practice? You could become a felon under the regs they're putting together. Listen up.

niceshootintex

This excerpt highlights the most dangerous parts of the ATF's plans to write a new regulation that carries the weight of law. This regulation can potentially bring about Canadian style anti-gun laws without an act of Congress. This is another in a long line of threats to destroying the Second Amendment. The ATF is attempting to circumvent the authority of Congress by creating a regulation to ban the rate of fire of any semi-automatic even without a bump stock or Hell-Fire trigger-actuator, plus others. Got a Miculek trigger-finger and use it during practice? You could become a felon under the regs they're putting together. Listen up.

And the NRA is either ignoring it, is too clueless to realize it (doubtful), or is party to it. Take your pick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

Sean Woods

And the NRA is either ignoring it, is too clueless to realize it (doubtful), or is party to it. Take your pick.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

I think it's option 4: they are waiting until there's a solid set of facts to respond to so they don't help further the notion that they're irrational reactionaries. That is, they're waiting for the regulation to be publicly proposed before they comment on it publicly. It's also possible they're working against it behind closed doors.

It certainly sounds like the ATF is going to violate the separation of powers. I can't think of any way they can do what they're saying they'll do without it being a violation. But despite what this video implies, they haven't actually said what they're proposing, except that they'll be changing the definition of machine gun (which would clearly be a violation) in a way that bans bump stocks.

But let's also be clear - Trump ordered them to do it, so even if they weren't packed with gun-grabbers, they don't have a choice but to propose the rule they say they're proposing. That doesn't mean the rule will make it through the comment period...probably will, probably will even stand up to legal challenges because the Court is *****-footing around the issue of gun rights right now, and the bureaucracy is full of liberals. But this is Trump's doing, 100%.

G50AE

I think it's option 4: they are waiting until there's a solid set of facts to respond to so they don't help further the notion that they're irrational reactionaries. That is, they're waiting for the regulation to be publicly proposed before they comment on it publicly.
That's usually the case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zxclord123