Internet Email scams

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
Just wondering how many of you have ever been told via email that you were the "winner" of an Internet lottery. I receive several of these notifications daily. One thing I notice that all these scams have in common is that they never address you by name (because they don't know your name; that right there should raise a red flag!) and that they are almost always sent from a foreign country.

Another scam I have seen regularly is one in which a foreigner (usually from Nigeria) pleads for help in getting a large sum of money transferred from a foreign source to the United States with the promise of sharing a portion of the funds upon successful completion of the transaction.

I know that all of these are scams and have indeed read stories about people being bilked out of hundreds, and in some cases, thousands, of dollars. With the help of a website called 419eater.com, a site that helps people turn the tables on these scamsters, I decided to respond to a couple of these once (with no intention of ever actually sending out any money) and was successful in sending out a copy of a fake Western Union form; when the guy was not able to pick up the money, he was livid, but, due to the fact that all the information I gave him about myself was completely false (I told him that my bank was Plunder & Flee, Inc), he couldn't do a darn thing!

Do any of you have any stories or experiences dealing with these scam artists?

Post Subject

I have received several of these scam attempts, via computer or telephone. I don't get involved with them in any way, except to report them to the Attorney Generals office in Jefferson City, Mo.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back