Interesting reactions today

imrambi

I usually OC when I do my weekly shopping. Today I had two good reactions today.

I had reached for a bag of chips over a cart, clearly exposing my sidearm. A minute later a guy asked what it was I said a 19. He stated he recently got a Bodyguard. That was about the extent of that conversation. When I went to check out another person noticed the sidearm, pointed to it and gave a thumbs up. I smiled and said thanks as he was many checkout lanes down. I think that has been my first two positive reactions while OCing. All this was at a local grocery store.

I don't want baby seals to die, so I don't open carry.

Just kidding.

Right on, getting the good word of the 2A out there. Keep up the good work.

»

I usually OC when I do my weekly shopping. Today I had two good reactions today.

I had reached for a bag of chips over a cart, clearly exposing my sidearm. A minute later a guy asked what it was I said a 19. He stated he recently got a Bodyguard. That was about the extent of that conversation. When I went to check out another person noticed the sidearm, pointed to it and gave a thumbs up. I smiled and said thanks as he was many checkout lanes down. I think that has been my first two positive reactions while OCing. All this was at a local grocery store.

I'm not all that impressed with the first guy. If I come across a person I don't know who tells me they have a 19 I'm going to reply that I have a 33 just to be on the safe side. :wink:

I could tell you guys lots of stories about the goods and bads of OC.
One that just came to mind was the time I was almost shot by a couple of teenagers who had some grass in their vehicle and thought I was a cop. I'd stopped to see if they needed assistance with a flat tire. They were parked on the shoulder in a very dangerous spot on a hilly, winding road and I was concerned someone would plow into them. As I approached, they opened the passenger side door and I saw the stock of a rifle/shotgun. I said"hey I'm not a cop and don't care what you're hauling". There a short standoff on opposite sides of their pickup(no guns drawn) before they decided I just thought they needed some help. If I had my cover vest on, that situation probably would not have happened.

Just OC'd in one of the swankiest hotels in Asheville, NC, the Grove Park Inn. NO issues, no odd looks and was allowed to check in about 4 hours early. Gotta Lov this State! Oh, and the stay was worth the price-WOW!

I could tell you guys lots of stories about the goods and bads of OC.
One that just came to mind was the time I was almost shot by a couple of teenagers who had some grass in their vehicle and thought I was a cop. I'd stopped to see if they needed assistance with a flat tire. They were parked on the shoulder in a very dangerous spot on a hilly, winding road and I was concerned someone would plow into them. As I approached, they opened the passenger side door and I saw the stock of a rifle/shotgun. I said"hey I'm not a cop and don't care what you're hauling". There a short standoff on opposite sides of their pickup(no guns drawn) before they decided I just thought they needed some help. If I had my cover vest on, that situation probably would not have happened.
Did they tell you they had "grass in there vehicle" or did you see it.. or did you search the vehicle.... or are you guessing?

No guns drawn... but you are going to relate a story about how OC got you ... "almost shot". Way to sensationalize a non happening into some kind of excuse to bash OC and hold CC up as being better than OC. All the while portraying yourself as some kind of saint who stopped to help someone for the altruistic purpose of keeping them safe because they were in a place where they might get hurt.

Nice try....

What is the deal with weed anyway,,, I know tons of mature adults who smoke grass and own hand guns and own rifles and guess what they have never shot anyone or are they careless with there guns...

Did they tell you they had "grass in there vehicle" or did you see it.. or did you search the vehicle.... or are you guessing?

No guns drawn... but you are going to relate a story about how OC got you ... "almost shot". Way to sensationalize a non happening into some kind of excuse to bash OC and hold CC up as being better than OC. All the while portraying yourself as some kind of saint who stopped to help someone for the altruistic purpose of keeping them safe because they were in a place where they might get hurt.

Nice try....
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nice try....

You seriously need to go buy some underware that isn't so tight.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

You seriously need to not be thinking about my underwear.:laugh:

How about you take the forum Nazi hat off and chill out.

Everyone here knows that opinions are like butt holes and you are the forums old gassy grandpa.

How about you take the forum Nazi hat off and chill out.

Everyone here knows that opinions are like butt holes and you are the forums old gassy grandpa.

How nice... a reference to opinions being like butt holes... followed by an... opinion.:laugh:

How nice... a reference to opinions being like butt holes... followed by an... opinion.:laugh:

I will admit I add my small stink to what flows from you.

I notice you didn't comment on the forum Nazi statement. Must have hit the nail on the head.

I will admit I add my small stink to what flows from you.

I notice you didn't comment on the forum Nazi statement. Must have hit the nail on the head.

Godwin's Law: prov.

[Usenet] “As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one.” There is a tradition in many groups that, once this occurs, that thread is over, and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever argument was in progress.

Read the rest of it here:

Godwin's Law

There is also Warbirds Law...

If the jackboot fits.................

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

If anyone ever says anything that may just possibly and ever so slightly be interpreted as against open carry such as what Mobuck said, the debate just rages on.... Im sick of popcorn now, I want some M&Ms!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back