Interesting new revolver...the New Ruger LCR

It's the cover story in the March Guns & Ammo, too. Looks interesting.

Hi guy's Jim here and a new guy tonight to the sight. But I just wanted to say that sure is a fine piece of Iron. I think I'll have to at least check it out..

I like wheel guns anyway, and Yes, I saw that yesterday too... 13.5oz is not much, I' like to see how it fits these big fat ol' hands with the CT Grips.. I am sure the local "Toy Store" can beat the 8bill list price.

This looks nice!

Funny side note, I was reading this post and a co-worker walked by and said "I pray to God you don't have one of those". I said "why?” She said "we don't need more violence and crime in this world". I said "owning a firearm doesn't mean I commit crime or part take in acts of violence, this happens to be a hobby which I love, shooting is a sport not just crime and violence". Her response was "why can't you just take up reading or something", my response was "I don't judge you for reading, don't judge me for shooting". We went back in forth until she gave up. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. Made me laugh! Ohhhhh PRMA.... State full of Antis that don't know the first thing about this kind of stuff.

This looks nice!

Funny side note, I was reading this post and a co-worker walked by and said "I pray to God you don't have one of those". I said "why?” She said "we don't need more violence and crime in this world". I said "owning a firearm doesn't mean I commit crime or part take in acts of violence, this happens to be a hobby which I love, shooting is a sport not just crime and violence". Her response was "why can't you just take up reading or something", my response was "I don't judge you for reading, don't judge me for shooting". We went back in forth until she gave up. Just thought I'd share that with you guys. Made me laugh! Ohhhhh PRMA.... State full of Antis that don't know the first thing about this kind of stuff.

people like your co-worker make me sick... to think because i own an "assault weapon" (my AR15) people think of me as the next person to knock over a 7-11 or shoot up a school... i have people like that where i work too, stupid left-wing liberals...

anyways getting back on topic, i would really love to shoot one... too bad no gun stores around here have a try it before you buy option...

people like your co-worker make me sick... to think because i own an "assault weapon" (my AR15) people think of me as the next person to knock over a 7-11 or shoot up a school... i have people like that where i work too, stupid left-wing liberals...

anyways getting back on topic, i would really love to shoot one... too bad no gun stores around here have a try it before you buy option...

I know the feeling. I too own an AR-15 and know the feeling of being questioned. I tend to keep to myself with what I own, however I hear my co-workers and friends talk about "assault weapons" and none of them know what an actual "ASSAULT WEAPON" is. They know what the media depicts as one, but not the real definition.

I plan on picking up one of these. I am looking to get something my girl can handle; I think this is a good fit for her. I love the fact that it comes with Hogue grips; I am a huge fan of those. I don't have much experience with wheel firearms so this will be interesting to try. I really like the design. Way to go Ruger!

Don't know if I'd call it a true "plastic" gun. The cylinder, cylinder frame and barrel are metal. Looks like an interesting wheel gun though. May have to take a look at it.

It looks and sounds like a good concept. However, it's a Ruger. How many recalls will it have?

It looks and sounds like a good concept. However, it's a Ruger. How many recalls will it have?
I don't know Deer/Wolfhunter, I like my 6-Shooter... I'd like to look closely at the hammer system (Looks simular to my Redhawk) , the Cylinder, Will it hold up to, what did you say the other day, 7500 rounds? Definately Worth looking at.

Ricbak, I like Ruger's 6-shooters, too, but they seem to be on a recall trend with their newer designs. Look at the SR-9 and LCP. I'll be following any articles and as soon as one arrives at a local store, I'll check it out, but I'll be cautious of buying a new Ruger design.

I wouldn't complain about accuracy of any of the J Frame designs. I have fired many of the smith's and have been pleased with accuracy both at the 7 yard "combat" distance and beyond.

My Taurus 85 Titanium (also 13.5 oz) is VERY accurate. I can hit a pepper popper past 50 yards without any effort, and can ring them at 100 yards if I take my time.

I can't wait to get my hands on 1 of these for a test drive.

Ricbak, I like Ruger's 6-shooters, too, but they seem to be on a recall trend with their newer designs. Look at the SR-9 and LCP. I'll be following any articles and as soon as one arrives at a local store, I'll check it out, but I'll be cautious of buying a new Ruger design.
Yeah,,, I know, Both Autos, Can't be that difficult to get them right...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back