Interesting article

It's Amazing how these taliban so called fighters, Are such Cowards. If they truely believe in there cause, then they should fight as men. Not cowarring behind IED's

God bless our Troops for all they do.It takes true courage, for everything they do. Getting off subject real quick.What upsets me the most, is how are Government does not take care of our wounded warriors.When they return home.

Shame on our GOVERNMENT.

It's Amazing how these taliban so called fighters, Are such Cowards. If they truely believe in there cause, then they should fight as men. Not cowarring behind IED's

God bless our Troops for all they do.It takes true courage, for everything they do. Getting off subject real quick.What upsets me the most, is how are Government does not take care of our wounded warriors.When they return home.

Shame on our GOVERNMENT.

Trophyhunter: Those people over there are primitive in comparison to us but they seem to fight with whatever they have. I don't think they are cowards so much as they are religiously motivated and make do with whatever they can get their hands on. Unfortunately, troops are just as dead by these primitive means as they would be by being shot. I am not sure there is anything we can do about their type of warfare. It has been happening for quite some time and we have been unable to stop it. Wish we could! I agree the government should do more for the wounded warriors but government policies will be taking away from them rather than helping.

The tactics the militia used in the first battles of our Revolution were called cowardly at best. Civilized soldiers did not shoot from behind trees and in ditches. They advanced in formation, fired in formation. They were organized and gentlemanly.

Ironic, no?

Actually booby traps have been around for many centuries. The Chinese perfected their use in Korea and Vietnam and are now teaching the Muslims in the art of using booby traps. In Vietnam we learned how to spot them and were very good at dealing with them with not injuries.

First lesson we learned 2was the fact that the Vietnamese had to use the area too so they marked their booby traps so the locals wouldn't trip one by accident. From what I understand the same thing is true in both Afghanistan and Iraq. The Chinese have NOT altered their use of booby traps. Only difference from my understanding is our troops are not being trained on how to spot them and deal with them.

The major problems arise after a person returns home. Whether a person is a victim of these devices or not they effect us all in one form or another.

I refuse to kick anything laying on the ground. Once just after I met my wife she was really getting aggravated at my refusal to kick or disturb anything laying on the ground. So as we were walking past a filling station she noticed a coke can sitting on the ground so she decided to prove to me that nothing would happen when she kicked the coke can. Well she ran up to the can and kicked it as hard as she could. I had to take her to the hospital with several broken bones. The can was covering a pipe that was buried in the ground.

Yep there are even booby traps here in the good ole US of A.

However that is not the problem I was referring to. Once many of us return home we are turned over to the Department of Veterans Affairs where we are rendered less than adequate medical care by interns and residents. I was injured while on active duty, retired and turned over to the Department of Veterans Affairs in February 1974. Since then I have witnessed the abused our wounded warriors are forced to indure by the interns and residents. I have also been a victim of the Department's Adjudications System where we are treated as a source of funding by the Congress. Every time the Congress or President talk about cutting the budget they are referring to Veterans benefits and increasing the number of Veterans who have their money withheld from their disability pay.

Check out my plans for future health care for our Service-Connected Disabled Veterans

My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President
Link Removed

Actually booby traps have been around for many centuries. The Chinese perfected their use in Korea and Vietnam and are now teaching the Muslims in the art of using booby traps. In Vietnam we learned how to spot them and were very good at dealing with them with not injuries.

First lesson we learned 2was the fact that the Vietnamese had to use the area too so they marked their booby traps so the locals wouldn't trip one by accident. From what I understand the same thing is true in both Afghanistan and Iraq. The Chinese have NOT altered their use of booby traps. Only difference from my understanding is our troops are not being trained on how to spot them and deal with them.

The major problems arise after a person returns home. Whether a person is a victim of these devices or not they effect us all in one form or another.

I refuse to kick anything laying on the ground. Once just after I met my wife she was really getting aggravated at my refusal to kick or disturb anything laying on the ground. So as we were walking past a filling station she noticed a coke can sitting on the ground so she decided to prove to me that nothing would happen when she kicked the coke can. Well she ran up to the can and kicked it as hard as she could. I had to take her to the hospital with several broken bones. The can was covering a pipe that was buried in the ground.

Yep there are even booby traps here in the good ole US of A.

However that is not the problem I was referring to. Once many of us return home we are turned over to the Department of Veterans Affairs where we are rendered less than adequate medical care by interns and residents. I was injured while on active duty, retired and turned over to the Department of Veterans Affairs in February 1974. Since then I have witnessed the abused our wounded warriors are forced to indure by the interns and residents. I have also been a victim of the Department's Adjudications System where we are treated as a source of funding by the Congress. Every time the Congress or President talk about cutting the budget they are referring to Veterans benefits and increasing the number of Veterans who have their money withheld from their disability pay.

Check out my plans for future health care for our Service-Connected Disabled Veterans

My name is Jim Hayden and I AM the next American President
Link Removed

Let all those who demean our military and our country live there where these people are, ss they can be silence by their own fear and disbelief in one Creator Almighty.

Shame on our GOVERNMENT.
This is just an observation, but the Russians beat feet after 10 years. We're going to quit in the next couple of years. So if these people are cowards, they must be doing something "right." I'm not sure what, if anything, we've accomplished that's worth the cost, anyway.

Thinking of our country, has anyone ever entertained the idea of this country being invaded by a militarily superior force? How would we fight? I would think with anything we had. Just like the Vietnamese. And the Afghans and Iraqis. One or a dozen men, no matter how well-armed, cannot stand up to a militarily or technologically superior force and survive for long. So you fight in the only way you can that will allow you to live long enough to fight again. If the only means I had to live and fight were booby traps, then I'd set booby traps to save my country.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back