Interesting Article from California Paper on Gun Control

jibbster

From the most liberal county in Kalifornia...I was not expecting this when I read the article. Nothing any of us don't already know, but still good to see it in print in a liberal paper in Kali...regaining ground, one pebble at a time :pleasantry:

Link Removed

From the most liberal county in Kalifornia...I was not expecting this when I read the article. Nothing any of us don't already know, but still good to see it in print in a liberal paper in Kali...regaining ground, one pebble at a time :pleasantry:

Link Removed

Good post. It is good to see that at least ONE journalist in California writes the truth about firearm ownership and the relationship to lower crime rates and gun ownership! Maybe HE should run for president.

Articles that say what we like to hear, that capture our heart without engaging our mind, and also contain irrational statements that give anti-gunners ammunition are not helpful.

From that article:

"the violent crime rates across the entire country have been in a steady decline since 1991."

what about the violent crime rate in California? The article is concerned with ant-gun laws in California. Has the violent crime rate in California dropped like the rest of the country? If so, anti-gunners will just point to that and say "see, the highly restricted gun laws we have enacted since 1991 have been working across the board in reducing violent crimes."

If not, then a better case can be made by stating "despite highly restrictive gun laws, California has not enjoyed the decrease in violent crime rates enjoyend by other states...."

But trying to dismiss the opposition's premise with a blanket statement that has no apparent logical connection to the issue is disingenuous.

I hope he is able to keep his job after that article. The libs will be screaming for his head.

Link Removed

Interesting article, thanks for the link.

By the way, California does not start with a K.

Neither does Kommie :pleasantry:

California was once one of the most right wing conservative states in the nation....that would be back when the south was voting for Democrats like Wallace.

People who live in glass houses...............

No offense meant personally...I was a resident there for 34 years... it's meant as a slight to the State machine itself :pleasantry:

Jibbster, I fully understand and I know you mean no personal offense. Like many here I visit many sites and it just seems everywhere I go I see this. I do not feel it is California bashing, just a "slight" as you stated.

I just over reacted this time and needed to vent. I'm born and raised in Cali, been around the world and always seem to come back. However, if the elections go south this November we may be out of here as well! It's really getting to way to much to live here just for the weather. And that's about all we have left.

Jibbster, I fully understand and I know you mean no personal offense. Like many here I visit many sites and it just seems everywhere I go I see this. I do not feel it is California bashing, just a "slight" as you stated.

I just over reacted this time and needed to vent. I'm born and raised in Cali, been around the world and always seem to come back. However, if the elections go south this November we may be out of here as well! It's really getting to way to much to live here just for the weather. And that's about all we have left.

I understand man!! I moved in order to prevent me from stroking out or sending somoene to their maker before their time...weather is nice, lots of cool places to visit, but not the place I want to live any longer:yu:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back