Interested in possibly getting into LE, but have a dilemma.

Snake Doc

I'm from the Northeast Ohio area, almost 30 with no criminal record and have family and friends that are LEO and interested in getting into law enforcement. I just have a dilemma that may or may not hinder that. I have tattoos on my hands and fingers and one on the right side of my neck, nothing gang related or offensive. Is it even worth me looking into anything or is anything out there that I could fit into like a special unit, vice, or gang unit or even street patrol? I know the shoulda coulda factor, but my outlook on things have changed with age and time. Any suggestions or recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Sure go for it. Nothing wrong with being labeled as a fascist thug to do the bidding of zealous lawmakers who have no regard for others constitutional rights.

There is almost nothing to loose by trying. The worst they can say ? No? Haha. You'll look back on it, no matter the result and be able to say "at least I tried"....not "what if." That's just my $0.02

There is almost nothing to loose by trying. The worst they can say ? No? Haha. You'll look back on it, no matter the result and be able to say "at least I tried"....not "what if." That's just my $0.02

Agreed. Put in your application. They may not be worried about the tattoos. If they don't want you to have the ink, would you consider having some or all of them removed?

The city that I live in had the applicant sign an aggreement to wear a cover sleeve over his tattoo while on duty. It looks like he has 1 long sleeve when he is working.

Just call the departments you would be interested in working for and ask them. They can give you an answer better than any of us. Or ask this question on a police forum and avoid all the anti-cop, "they're fascist thugs", stealing my rights, blah blah blah.

Sure go for it. Nothing wrong with being labeled as a fascist thug to do the bidding of zealous lawmakers who have no regard for others constitutional rights.

Wow. Probably greater than 95% of cops are decent, hard working people who are really interested in making society better by investigating crimes, catching crimminals, and honestly enforcing lawfully enacted laws.

Tattoos may be a benefit in certain aspects of Law Enforcement such as under cover work. Its possible they could also limit your career to that niche, but you'll never know unless you make the effort to find out. I think the best advice is to talk to the cop forums and your area departments. I would try to set up a short appointment with the person actually doing the hiring, if possible. Make out a list of your questions ahead of time so that you don't forget any. Also, I agree that if you want it, go for it. Your attitude, open and honest, is what will get you hired. Fair and honest cops are always needed.
Good luck!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back